PDA

View Full Version : Bell X 1 - does anyone own it?

gajit
August 5th, 2010, 11:24
Hi

Forgive me if this has been covered already. Does anyone rate this product - it looks interesting.

http://secure.simmarket.com/xtreme-prototypes-bell-x-1-second-generation.phtml

gradyhappyg
August 5th, 2010, 12:09
You are right it does look interesting but I don't have it.
I wonder what the flight duration is.
Did I miss that in the specs somewhere?

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
August 5th, 2010, 12:23
http://www.xtremeprototypes.com/en/

They didn't update their price list , its less expensive elswhere

Dexdoggy
August 5th, 2010, 14:36
I also would love to hear from any owners of this; I have been thinking about it for a very long time! :jump:

dvj
August 5th, 2010, 17:24
147061470514704I have it. Quite excellent IMO. Lots of proceedures to load and fly. You even get a B-29 for air drops. Here are a few snaps from my flights.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png

peter12213
August 5th, 2010, 17:27
I do to, couldn't even get it to work!

I'm a pilot not a plumber!

Javis
August 5th, 2010, 18:11
I own the complete range of X-planes and i can say that the people at Xtreme Prototypes put their heart and soul into their products. You can see it, you can feel it. Worth every penny in my book.

I bought these packages because i have always been fascinated by these mysterious X planes. Information about them was almost non existing during their haydays, atleast not in MY country. Only to get a glimpse of how they possibly worked was enough for me to buy these packages and i have not been dissapointed to say the least.

From the manuals, via the external-,internal, and flightmodels, to the sounds, anims and effects, everything is done to the best of the Xtreme Prototypes' team abillity. These packages are clearly made out of love and interest for the subjects, not to make Xtreme loads of money.

Get that X-15 Thiokol XLR99-RM-2 liquid-fuel rocket engine going and you'll know what i'm talking about. (yep, an A level at plumbing *would* come in handy )

Xtreme Highly recommended if you have been fascinated by these X-planes like i was ( you know, plastic models and all that.. ) and if you still are YOU should've been writing this, not me.. ( " Mind you, i have not flown any of these X-planes for real " .... " Oh, really ?? Remarkable.... "..... " Mind you, i DID break my foot once.." )

Cheers,
Jan

DennyA
August 5th, 2010, 18:34
Javis, is the X-1 series native FSX? From the FAQ on their website, the X-15 isn't DX10 compatible. Wondering if the X-1 is.

Javis
August 5th, 2010, 19:04
Javis, is the X-1 series native FSX? From the FAQ on their website, the X-15 isn't DX10 compatible. Wondering if the X-1 is.

Denny, the X-15 was made for FS9 and has not been converted to native FSX yet. It does work perfectly well as a port-over in FSX though ( you get an option to either install the X-15 package in FS9 or in FSX ). The X-1 series is native FSX alright. Dunno about DX10 compatibillity yet. At this moment i am in the process of installing the whole FS kit'n caboodle again on a new system...:isadizzy: Worth the trouble though... Alienware Aera51ALX with 30" looking glass.. :jump:

cheers,
jan

dvj
August 5th, 2010, 23:33
147351473414733And a couple more screens from the Bell X-1

dswo
August 6th, 2010, 06:01
I esp. like #3 in the first set.