PDA

View Full Version : RAZBAM A7 CORSAIR II PREVIEW VIDEO

Cleartheprop
August 5th, 2010, 04:09
Hello everyone! I was lucky enough to test and shoot this fantastic A-7 soon to be released by Razbam. Here is the video. :ernae:
PMZLPYRL5Ps

hey_moe
August 5th, 2010, 04:18
Looks sweet.....he had better make sure I get to buy the first copy of her. :monkies:

txnetcop
August 5th, 2010, 04:39
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

falcon409
August 5th, 2010, 04:48
Excellent job!! Glad you got the chance to produce the video Mirage. . . .well done!!:salute:

IanHenry
August 5th, 2010, 05:10
Very nice, how long before we get our hands on the plane?

Ian.

dswo
August 5th, 2010, 05:26
Dang! If that doesn't sell some add-ons, I don't know what will. I like the desaturated colors combined with the high-contrast; it gives the whole thing a kind of John Ford look. Great song! I can see what you were doing, lowering the volume for the cockpit shots, but since part of the music's job is to create continuity between scenes, I wonder if there aren't too many volume changes in the first half.

Matt Wynn
August 5th, 2010, 05:38
great aircraft, great video and oh my.... i just spotted the Greek tiger scheme *Faints*

BOOM
August 5th, 2010, 06:23
SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............Wow!!!! Fantastic!! I didn't even have this aircraft on my radar[ashamed to say] but that video has me PUMPED!!!! Excellent job of showing off this aircraft Mirage!! I love how you filmed carrier ops to Nam and displayed the loadouts and paint schemes!! incredible job bud!!:applause:

Ian Warren
August 5th, 2010, 06:39
YIP ... I'm in , .. he's in , :salute: ..... looking above , all you guys are in .. simply one type we all cannot miss out on !
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Akatsuki
August 5th, 2010, 07:40
Great vid Mirage! :salute:
Makes me want to fly her even more.:jump:

raptor19
August 5th, 2010, 08:31
Brilliant video as usual Mirage, that should help sell a few more copies when she appears!:ernae:

Regards,

John N

Vigilius
August 5th, 2010, 08:38
I don't know if it's better the video or the plane :eek:

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

fsafranek
August 5th, 2010, 08:39
A great song for it. Enjoyed it all. Especially the looking up scene with the A-7 flying over that Huey. That reminded me of my youth living in eastern Colorado and the ANG A-7's from Buckley Field near Denver would buzz all over the flat half of the state. A fond memory indeed. Will have to get this one for sure.
:ernae:

Navy Chief
August 5th, 2010, 08:52
I don't know if it's better the video or the plane :eek:

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

Both...........it's a tie!

NC

jonraptor
August 5th, 2010, 10:26
GREAT VIDEO Mirage! Model is looking real good! How does she fly?

Navy Chief
August 5th, 2010, 10:28
GREAT VIDEO Mirage! Model is looking real good! How does she fly?

She flies good, real good. But will fly even better, as the flight dynamics are being tweaked.

Navy Chief

skyhawka4m
August 5th, 2010, 11:29
Both...........it's a tie!

NC

Agreed!

Cleartheprop
August 5th, 2010, 11:56
Thank you everyone ! I am glad to read all these enthousiastic comments!
This A-7 is a winner. The paint schemes are awesome, the VC is truly immersive, and the flight model almost perfect (still being adjusted at that time).
I discovered carrier ops with this airplane and I can say it is addictive.
thank you all. :ernae:

BOOM
August 5th, 2010, 12:06
Well the flight dynamics can't be that bad,not the way you were making those excellent traps on the Nimitz Mirage!!!!!!!!!! Way To Go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Navy Chief
August 5th, 2010, 12:17
The paint schemes of the Cold War era, prior to the advent of "tactical gray" paints,......were beautiful, and so colorful.

I look forward to seeing most, if not all of the Corsair II squadrons being represented, eventually.

Navy Chief

Rattler
August 5th, 2010, 12:25
Cant stop Watching that Video, One of the best i have seen In a While, Top Knotch Sir!!:salute::salute::salute:

jmig
August 5th, 2010, 12:32
Sweet!

There were moments when I felt like I was watching the real airplane.

JAllen
August 5th, 2010, 12:35
I had the pleasure of working a few A7's at Nellis in the early 70's and thought it was a cool plane back then. They had some nice "toys" in the cockpit. I am amazed at the enthusiasm shown for this aircraft in the forum here. You guys are borderline reverent I think. So I am looking forward to this one just as much as you. Time to watch the video again. Jim

Navy Chief
August 5th, 2010, 12:37
I sent a link to that video to several shipmates I served with in the two Corsair squadrons I was assigned to. They are going to really enjoy this video. A couple of the guys were plane captains (myself, included). I plan to put their names on the nose landing gear door on at least two of the repaints.

This is more than just reminiscing. This truly brings back memories.

NC

noddy
August 5th, 2010, 12:57
Great video, looks fantastic.

vampire163
August 5th, 2010, 13:15
Excellent video of a fantastic looking model.

That cockpit looks very atmospheric, and I love the old us navy paint schemes :)

Can't wait for this one.

Montie
August 5th, 2010, 13:39
Great video! I can wait to fly this one:jump:

Scratch
August 5th, 2010, 14:33
WOW!

heywooood
August 5th, 2010, 15:48
its a buy

MudMarine
August 5th, 2010, 15:51
Yup, it's a buy.....IF IT EVER COMES OUT!! :-)

c87
August 5th, 2010, 16:19
It's a buy here too. Great looking aircraft and terrific video.

modelr
August 5th, 2010, 16:30
SOLD!! Fantastic video. Definitely a spot on the flightline for this one. :applause:

doublecool
August 5th, 2010, 16:58
Brilliant! :jump::applause:

dswo
August 5th, 2010, 17:07
Is the HUD collimated? I.e., if you have TrackIR and move the eyepoint around, will the flight path marker (FPM) still point to the right place?

Prowler1111
August 5th, 2010, 17:13
Yup, it is(HUD collimated)...
Awesome vid!, no doubt!

Prowler

Navy Chief
August 5th, 2010, 18:35
I have watched this video at least 10 times today, and it just keeps getting better! Awesome. Really takes talent to produce a video of this quality.

Will there be a "sequel"? HA!

Keep'em flying, shipmates.

Time to "turn and burn"

GO NAVY

Navy Chief

Navy Chief
August 5th, 2010, 18:47
Just had to post a few more pictures. The black and white photo is of a friend of mine, Fred Sanders. I have posted some of his stories on SOH before. He flew A-7s with the Navy for a while, back in the 70s. Retired from NASA about three years ago.

GO NAVAIR!

NC

dswo
August 6th, 2010, 07:31
Just watched this for the fifth time.

The Wikipedia article for "Sweet Home Alabama" makes some interesting reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Home_Alabama. E.g., "None of the three writers of the song were originally from Alabama (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alabama). Ronnie Van Zant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Van_Zant) and Gary Rossington (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Rossington) were both born in Jacksonville, Florida (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacksonville,_Florida). Ed King was from Glendale, California (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glendale,_California)." I'm still not sure what to make of the two "governor" lines. Are they booing him in the first one? And if so, why is he "true" in the second?

dvj
August 6th, 2010, 08:47
Never been a fan of the Corsair II, but I will own this model just for the excellence of the modeling. It appears that Corsair's in service were quite weathered. Wondering if we will see "dirty" repaints in the package.

As for the video - OMG :salute::salute::salute:

Paul K
August 6th, 2010, 13:35
Great video, Mirage !!

As with your P-36 Hawk vid, you always try to film it as if the camera is on board a nearby aircraft, or a position on the ground...it never looks as though you have switched to external view in the sim. Many MSFS video makers don't realize that an invisible camera keeping formation with the aircraft at a fixed distance and position kills any attempt to make it look real.

Fast military jets are not my cup of tea in MSFS, but you have presented Razbam's product very well, and its gone from 'I wont buy it' to 'Maybe I might buy it'. Love the deck landing footage...that alone might persuade me.
:ernae:

vora
August 7th, 2010, 02:45
I cannot get the video to run... YouTube says "Video is not available" (in German, that is). :banghead:

I can watch all the other videos on cleartheprop.com. BTW, SUPER videos!!! All of them! I think Mathias owes you a beer since your videos sold the FW to me... ;)

dswo
August 7th, 2010, 02:50
I cannot get the video to run... YouTube says "Video is not available" (in German, that is).

Still working here. There must be something in the German internet that screens out any criticism of Neil Young. (That's a reference to the song lyrics -- not very helpful, I realize, to someone who can't actually see/hear the video.)

vora
August 7th, 2010, 02:56
You are referring to "Sweet Home Alabama", I guess? If it would be a copyright thingie it would state so on the site (Sony Music is very active in that regard). Instead it only states "not available", as if the video was pulled. I will try some tricks then...
Anyway, the A-7 is a sure buy, with or without promo. It's just a shame I cannot see Mirage's work right now.

BTW: rrrrright, any criticism on Neil Young should be censored :d

Cleartheprop
August 7th, 2010, 03:26
Hello Vora, Thanks for your kind words.
I am sorry to hear that the German Youtube doesn't allow you to watch the video.. Anyways, for you and those in that case, I have posted the video as an .mp4 file (slightly lower rez) on my website. The video is there : http://www.cleartheprop.com/videos/RAZBAM%20VOUGHT%20A-7D%20%20A-7E%20CORSAIR%20II.mp4
(right click "save as..." if you want to watch it on your computer.) :ernae:

vora
August 7th, 2010, 04:04
Merci beaucoup, Mirage.
Downloaded it, watched it, adored it.... wonderful editing, great cuts.

Still puzzled about this German Youtube issue...
Krautonia is a very Lynyrd-friendly territory, "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Free Bird" are a must on any party that this ole rocker fart attends :d

Cleartheprop
August 7th, 2010, 07:33
Merci beaucoup, Mirage.
Downloaded it, watched it, adored it.... wonderful editing, great cuts.

Still puzzled about this German Youtube issue...
Krautonia is a very Lynyrd-friendly territory, "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Free Bird" are a must on any party that this ole rocker fart attends :d

...I guess the German Youtube administrator doesn't go out too often at night...;)
Glad you like the vid. :ernae:

cortomalteseit
August 7th, 2010, 08:23
outstanding bird, and great video, mate! happy landings!!
:salute:

Cleartheprop
August 13th, 2010, 06:46
Thank you everyone for your encouraging comments!
Have fun flying this fabulous A-7! :ernae:

Rattler
August 13th, 2010, 07:31
Once againg, Great job Sir, I think The Video Sold a Bunch of SLUFS, I cant wait to See More..:salute:

warchild
August 13th, 2010, 07:46
Just gotta let you guys know that landing on a carrier deck aint gonna be quite that easy to do.. But i guarantee that when you walk away from the plane your gonna feel like youve really accomplished something :) :) ..

PS:; Just a bit of rock n roll history.. No discussion please.. But Sweet home alabama was written in response to niel youngs "southern man" which he wrote in response to the the racial tensions and activities of the ku klux klan in alabama during the late 1960s..

Rattler
August 13th, 2010, 08:19
Once again Warchild Shows She Knows what she is Talking About. Thanks for all your Work on the A-7 to help get it to the Point of Release!!! :ernae::ernae::ernae: