PDA

View Full Version : Here they are... My Oshkosh Pictures

TomSteber
August 5th, 2010, 03:53
Hi everyone,

I decided to take the advice of a member here and instead of trying to pick which pictures to post, I just uploaded all of them to Photobucket.
I had never done this before and I wasn't really thinking and didn't make separate albums.
So it's just one BIG album. Last day comes first and goes to the first day. The days are in this order: 7/29, 7/27, 7/26.
I didn't label any of the pictures, so if anybody wants to know what something is, let me know.
Most is self explanatory.
The last couple pictures are from when the concert was going on. There was a "Sun Dog" in the sky to the right of the sun. It was the brightest "sun dog" I had ever seen. The first of the two pictures shows the sun on the left and the sun dog on the right. The second picture is just the sun dog.

Anyway, here's the slide show. Hope you enjoy.

http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/af120/oldmanperkins/?albumview=slideshow

hey_moe
August 5th, 2010, 03:56
Nice pictures, thanks for sharing...Mike

jmig
August 5th, 2010, 04:50
Those are great pictures, Tom. I have them going as a slide show. The more I watch the more I wish I could have been there. It is a aviation lover's heaven.

Thanks for sharing them with us.

Snuffy
August 5th, 2010, 05:12
Very cool! Thanks for posting and sharing!! :salute:

TomSteber
August 5th, 2010, 07:09
I apologize for the washed out looking ones. You'd think after all these years, not to take pictures in the morning sun from that angle, but then I get there and get too excited and start snapping away!

OleBoy
August 5th, 2010, 07:32
That's a mess of some nice pictures. There were several I wished there were more of.
..Looks to have been a great day with LOTS of A/C and onlookers!!

Thanks for the tour :salute:

bpfowler
August 5th, 2010, 12:48
Thanks Tom,
it was really fun to watch the show!
Nice to share the experience.

robert41
August 5th, 2010, 16:04
Thanks for the pics. Good stuff.

Bone
August 5th, 2010, 16:11
A busy place, alot of nice planes. Thanks for the link.

Naki
August 5th, 2010, 17:00
Wow - that took a while and a LOT of aircraft but gives me a good overview of Oshkosh. Love the Skyhawk (an aircraft many Kiwis love), the private Sea Harrier (good to see that flying again) and the Round Engine aircraft from the 30s (I especially like the Stinson Reliants and Wacos) and did I spot a Swiss coloured Bestman?

One thing I noted is that the spectator line is long way from the air show/runway - in NZ at air shows you can get a lot closer to the action but in converse you can get among the aircraft on the ground which is increasingly getting difficult to do here.

Whats the story with the American Airlines 737/DC-3?

TomSteber
August 6th, 2010, 01:59
Whats the story with the American Airlines 737/DC-3?

Right when I got there on Thursday morning they were getting ready for an "Honor Flight" where they take a whole fight load of WWII vets and fly them to DC to see the WWII Memorial. Then they fly them back. All in the same day (All for free I might add). They were a little late returning, supposed to be back by 6PM. Still weren't back by 6:15ish, so I skipped getting pictures of that.
The nose to nose shot of the 737 and DC-3 was because they were both American Airlines. One from now and the other from post WWII days.

stansdds
August 6th, 2010, 02:25
One time, just one time, I'd like to go to Oshkosh, but I would have to go for the entire event. Based on what I've seen, one day would not be enough.

TomSteber
August 6th, 2010, 17:52
Based on what I've seen, one day would not be enough.
I can attest, one day is not enough. Three days is barely enough!