PDA

View Full Version : Lionheart wt-9

clmooring
August 4th, 2010, 16:03
Dear Humble Poly Bender

Any new developments (screenshots) on that wonderful wt-9 project? Eagerly awaiting any tidbits (tiny morsels) of information you may want to share. :jump:

So sorry to hear that FS2004 is your fav, because fsx is mine.... longer wait. :frown:

Unless both versions are included in the price?

Very sincerely

humble fan of all things lionheart

Lionheart
August 4th, 2010, 22:08
Hey CLMooring,

The factory were so kind in letting me have documentation on the plane and were enthusiastic on it being created and only asked one thing in return, that it be made for FS2004 as well as FSX. I was honored and have spent the last 2 weeks discovering that I can install/compile a MDL file with the same amount of polygons as a high detail, super rich mesh shape as FSX into FS2004 as well. Most of the simmers over there still fly in FS2004 and it does run much better, smoother, and faster.

But yes, the Dynamic will also be in 'pure' FSX format as well, and will be compiled (created) as soon as the FS2004 version is released/finished.

I 'learned' to do the new 'super compiling' on another plane so that when I went into the Dynamic, I would already have mastered it and it would be more refined. I want the Dynamic to be REALLY NICE...... So I am going all out on getting the set ready for making it. The bulk of the model is completed, but needs paint, and airfile, and to be installed into FS9 (first). Then comes FSX. And all of that starts as soon as I launch the Boeing B-797 freeware, which is the demonstrater and trainer for the 'high poly' model making.

I hope that answers all your questions. Hang in there. Be patient. I want to fly that Dynamic 'now' also, lol.. I want that thing to have EXACTLY the same things as the real plane; the gauges, switches, sounds, behaviour, shine of fiberglass skin, controls and instrumentation as the real thing. A real 'close as possible' replica of the Dynamic.. (and both, the fixed gear 'and' the RG versions, with both panels; glass and steam).

Bill

falcon409
August 4th, 2010, 22:19
Ahhh, finally a suitable replacement for my well worn Lancair 2000. Lookin forward to it Bill, it's a beauty.:salute:

Lionheart
August 5th, 2010, 07:52
Hey Ed,

Roger that!

This should be a fun replacement. Sort of like a mini version of an Epic LT, lol...

Bill

falcon409
August 5th, 2010, 08:15
Hey Ed,
Roger that!
This should be a fun replacement. Sort of like a mini version of an Epic LT, lol...
Bill
Exactly. . . .it will be a permanent fixture in my "Fly this one on a regular basis" hangar, lol.:salute:

clmooring
August 5th, 2010, 18:07
Bill

Thanks for the update.

Since you put it that way, you know factory request and all, I will just have to wait through the FS2004 version. :)

I do still have 2004 on my PC, but probably can't swing for both versions... You know, 2 kids in college and another just started driving.

I am sure the plane will be everything we have come to expect from LHC.

The glass version of the VC looks really nice.

I tend to like planes that if a distant unknown relative (god rest his imaginary virtual soul) remembered me in his virtual will, then perhaps I could actually buy and operate. The WT-9 really fits the bill.

Anyway keep up the good work and I will try not to pester again.... for a while.

Chuck :salute:

Lionheart
August 5th, 2010, 20:05
Hey Chuck,

No worries. Keep pestering. Keeps me motivated.