PDA

View Full Version : Best Aerobatic Flight Dynamics

Flying Buckeye
August 4th, 2010, 14:12
In your opinion, which unlimited aerobatics airplane that you have flown has the best flight dynamics? Do the dynamics come with the airplane you flew or did you make your own custom flight dynamics? This question applies to FSX and FS2004.

bkeske
August 4th, 2010, 16:27
I'm not an aerobatic enthusiast myself in terms of 'doing', but I don't mind watching. That said, two aircraft that seem to be highly respected and get mentioned by 'those in the know', are the RealAir SF260 and Decathlon (which was part of the Scout package).

I have both these in my own hanger but for more sedate purposes, The Decathlon, which again came with the Scout package, has only been flown once.

Matt Wynn
August 4th, 2010, 16:35
I'm an Edge 540 person myself, although the IRIS Christen Eagle is nice too.... Edge 540 (the FS2004 one, if you remove the rollrate 'limiter' from the panel cfg, FSX does not have this issue, but overall the rollrate is a bit faster than the Extra) you can also choose from 2 models, with race tips from without, on without model click the left diagonal cockpit brace and the wingtip sighting fences are hidden, in FSX click the right diagonal cockpit support and the GPS gets fixed there... can't tell i love the Zivko Edge 540... my signature gives it away a bit...

Naki
August 4th, 2010, 17:04
This will be an interesting thread as I was thinking about getting a decent payware aerobatic aircraft...then I remembered that I have the Realair SF-260 in FS9 so I will upgrade and reinstall this into FSX so this might do the trick (I also have the Decathalon/Scout but probably won't upgrade this). This will be the third sim I wil have the SF-260 in and IIRC the SF-260 was my second payaware aircraft and it has always been one the best in FDE fidelity.

For the meantime my main aerobatic mount is Tim's Zlin and the Cap-10..also trying out the Buecker as mentioned elsewhere.

The new Addictive Sim Pitts seems to be the one to get but can't justify the cost with the amount of flying I am likely to do with such an aircraft (my FS time is a bit restricted).

ryanbatc
August 4th, 2010, 18:15
I think Piglet's Zlin has some of the best fde... should be here in the library.... somewhere