PDA

View Full Version : Shift + E + (any #) Dosen't Work!

whitney17
August 4th, 2010, 13:57
On aircraft with multiple exits and cargo doors, the shift+E+# command doesn't work on my system. I was told that another program was accessing my computer network continuously and so fast that I couldn't punch the three keys fast enough before that program would block the call for the third key punch. However, I programmed the Shift+E+4 command into my X52 Pro, which I assume sends all of the key commands simultaneously, and that doesn't work. Also, other 3 key press commands work and when I press Shift+E+4 the main exit opens and a pop up window opens, so I'm not sure the background program theory is correct.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there away to solve this without removing programs?

Thanks for any help!

Joe

Smudge
August 4th, 2010, 14:21
Joe,

Many of us devs fall foul of this item when coding aircraft, myself included. It's most likely not an external program causing the issue, but a gauge in the aircraft... Let's say for example, I code a gauge which should keep the ailerons and elevators in a certain position. To do this, the gauge must constantly check the users joystick position, then override the users input and set it's own control surface position based on what the gauge is asked..

This is updated at such a rapid speed, that it also stops the +2,+3,etc commands seen on engine starters, doors, etc.

One way to do it is to open up the panel.cfg file in notepad, and place // marks before each line beginning 'gauge00', 01, 02 etc. Do this one at a time, and test each time you alter the // marks to single out which gauge is stopping the exits opening. With the gauge found, you could contact the developer to see if there's a way to recode the gauge to fix the issue..

Hope this info helps..

David.

Daube
August 4th, 2010, 17:31
You must not press SHIFT, E and the number all at the same time.
You must first press SHIFT+E, release, and then press the number of the exit you want.

whitney17
August 5th, 2010, 12:15
You must not press SHIFT, E and the number all at the same time.
You must first press SHIFT+E, release, and then press the number of the exit you want.

Am I the only one in the known universe who didn't know this? You've solved my problem, Daube.

Thanks,

Joe

Daube
August 5th, 2010, 12:18
Oh no, don't worry you're not the only one.
In fact it's a question that comes back from time to time in every FS forum.
Glad I could help :)

n4gix
August 6th, 2010, 07:21
One other thing in FSX can block proper door/exit operations, and that is...

...parking next to a fueling station! ACES coded the "fuel box trigger" to be too large, and it will often overlap into any adjacent parking spots...

Several years ago I wasted two entire workdays trying to figure out why doors on my WIP model had suddenly stopped working... :isadizzy:

Delta_Whiskey
August 6th, 2010, 12:05
this is the number 1 question I get from people that e-mail me support questions about my Shuttle.
I have a cut/paste answer to it in a text document because I have answered it sooo many times.

apparently using exits above 1 is a rare thing

srgalahad
August 6th, 2010, 19:18
apparently using exits above 1 is a rare thing
For whom, designers or pilots? I can't imagine having all doors and cargo holds open at once ( the GA C-46 for FS9 is an example..and includes a double-acting door). If the designer shortcuts, it's just that.. a detail missed. If a pilot doesn't know better, well.... ****

Naismith
August 6th, 2010, 22:49
The cfg file seems to get messed up occasionally. I recently had an issue where Ctrl Shft C and Ctrl Shft V would not operate the cowl flaps. I saved the FSX.cfg as a txt file, deleted the cfg and let it rebuild. Then dragged across relevant tweaks to the new cfg and all was well again.