PDA

View Full Version : Here is something coming new

noshadez
November 18th, 2008, 20:29
Pacific Theater WW2 Accel combat..Dogfighting in FSX..New weapons codes developed for Accel FSX will pit the USS Hornet Hellcats against the Japanese carrier Shokaku's zeros..Take off from the deck of the Hornet and then later get involved into a swirl of 25 zeros:isadizzy:

MCDesigns
November 18th, 2008, 20:39
HOLY CRAP!!! :isadizzy:

Looks amazing, can't wait!

wildcat400
November 18th, 2008, 21:01
*Faints* My goodness this will be amazing!!!!! Any idea when it will be available??

P.S.
Could a mod PLEASE sticky this!!!!!!!!!

Aerobat85
November 18th, 2008, 22:41
Is there any more detailed info on this?:ernae:

hey_moe
November 19th, 2008, 01:15
:jawdrop::jawdrop:I'm having a hard time containing myself:redfire:

FLighT01
November 19th, 2008, 04:45
Pacific Theater WW2 Accel combat..Dogfighting in FSX..New weapons codes developed for Accel FSX will pit the USS Hornet Hellcats against the Japanese carrier Shokaku's zeros..Take off from the deck of the Hornet and then later get involved into a swirl of 25 zeros:isadizzy:

If this is for real it will be an immediate buy for me if released.

Sedr37
November 19th, 2008, 06:09
Cool! :isadizzy:

Stickshaker
November 19th, 2008, 08:53
Very interesting! Who is the developer?

Lionheart
November 19th, 2008, 09:02
Very nice!

A Japanese carrier! Dont see those every day.

N332DW
November 20th, 2008, 13:36
the essex is actually from FS-Shipyards by ron jeffers - it also includes some scenery versions of the carrier, as well as a torpedo run mission

michael davies
November 20th, 2008, 14:03
the essex is actually from FS-Shipyards by ron jeffers - it also includes some scenery versions of the carrier, as well as a torpedo run mission

Hornet is not an Essex carrier, or did I miss some thing fundemental here LOL ?, either way....carrier choice or not....looking a very exciting break through :applause::applause:.

Sincerely

Michael

FSDSMAN
November 20th, 2008, 14:07
I believe a similar thing was underway at A/S about 16 months ago but got dropped because of the standard

redrooster
November 20th, 2008, 14:18
Michael,
There were two Hornet carriers. The one you are thinking of is CV-8 (Sunk during the Battle of Santa Cruz) which was a Yorktown class CV. The other Hornet ,refers to CV-12 which was an Essex class, named after CV-8.

The Hornet pictured above looks to be the Yorktown class version though, not Essex. Lack of twin 5 inch turrets, the bridge structure is definitely of the Yorktown class shape.

redrooster

michael davies
November 20th, 2008, 14:26
Michael,
There were two Hornet carriers. The one you are thinking of is CV-8 (Sunk during the Battle of Santa Cruz) which was a Yorktown class CV. The other Hornet ,refers to CV-12 which was an Essex class, named after CV-8.

redrooster

Shucks :redf:, your quite right, I cleanly forgot about CV 8 !!, too much time with the younger elements of the family ( parenthood ) LOL, or is that too much S African wine LOL.

The image above shows the earlier CV-8, not CV-12 hence my Essex questioning ?.

Best

Michael

michael davies
November 20th, 2008, 14:35
I believe a similar thing was underway at A/S about 16 months ago but got dropped because of the standard

Ouch, now theres a product I'd forgotten about !! LOL, where did that F-18 go as well ?, didnt know the carrier package was passed by Alphasim due to standards....( insert opinions here )....quite how those standards are leveled at the current FSx carrier I dont know...suffice to say I'll have no party to it...if that counts for anything these days :isadizzy:.

Dare I say it, but it seems that the authors self esteem counts for more than the product these days in some quarters, if this product brings some form of combat to FSx....even simulated in a simulation then thats Alphasims loss IMHO.

Best

Michael

Panther_99FS
November 20th, 2008, 14:50

"noshadez=Ron Jeffers" :mixedsmi:

noshadez
November 20th, 2008, 19:42
The WW2 Hornet was a CV8 I think..Anyway this package will be for an Accell -Abacus- install addon -You must have Accelleration installed for sure. The Hornet will be an updated moving/trap landable with Accel arrestor wires..Also the plane (Hellcat) with 12 Hellcat formation (AI) planes with Accel droppable objects (Edited) Machinegun codes that include bullet hit water splashes and ground hit effects- and of course--you can hit AI zeros in flight--You must shoot down 5 zeros without being shot down yourself (You have 2 chances) and then you strafe a Japanese carrier to complete (Reward for ace) and then you can trap on the Hornet..Tons of (Fog of war) radio chatter drama music and Flak bombs with confuzion everywhere.. :isadizzy:

EgoR64
November 21st, 2008, 05:14
:wavey:

Totally Cool !!

Bravo !!

Many Cheers !! :applause::ernae: :applause::ernae:

BASys
November 21st, 2008, 10:58
Hi Folks

Both Hornets were in WW2.

USS Hornet (CV-8) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Hornet_%28CV-8%29), launched the Doolittle Raid in 1942, fought at the Battle of Midway, and was sunk at the Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands on 26 October 1942
USS Hornet (CV-12) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Hornet_%28CV-12%29) was originally named Kearsarge, but renamed in honor of CV-8 and active through the rest of World War II and is preserved as a museum ship in Alameda, California

Ron's original mission package is at - FS-Shipyards
Carrier - USS Hornet CV 8 - WWII - (Pilotable/AI/Mission/Landable) (FSX) (http://www.fs-shipyards.org/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=228)

Vessel as per title. :icon_lol:

EDIT -
Ron,
I keep forgetting that "noshadez=Ron Jeffers" :costumes:
Great to hear you've got the traps sorted.

HTH
ATB
Paul

PutPut
November 21st, 2008, 11:55
Hi, Ron, You continue to delight with your ability to create a lot from almost nothing. I'll look forward to this release. :ernae: :ernae:

Paul

noshadez
November 21st, 2008, 17:44
There will also be a WW2 Hellcat flight deck..(Trap practice) The carrier is outfitted also with a few failures such as if you hit the tower-it explodes and you crash all from a camera view..plus if you hit low aft-same thing--you watch your plane crash into the sea..plus approach audio and AI planes taking off and flying around..You must have Accel installed..Other actual missions will include close air support bombing land targets and extra side features will include Virtual cockpit Submarine ops and Sherman tank ops..all with torpedoes and cannons that hit targets in FSX world..Plus multiplayer zero dogfighting and carrier ops:stop:

Stickshaker
November 22nd, 2008, 01:03
Sounds great, Ron!

Stickshaker
November 22nd, 2008, 13:34
Will the carriers also be available in Free Flight so that we can easily use them for other planes like the AH Corsair?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Will the ability to use weapons be transferable to other planes?

JT8D-9A
November 22nd, 2008, 14:19
There will also be a WW2 Hellcat flight deck..(Trap practice) The carrier is outfitted also with a few failures such as if you hit the tower-it explodes and you crash all from a camera view..plus if you hit low aft-same thing--you watch your plane crash into the sea..plus approach audio and AI planes taking off and flying around..You must have Accel installed..Other actual missions will include close air support bombing land targets and extra side features will include Virtual cockpit Submarine ops and Sherman tank ops..all with torpedoes and cannons that hit targets in FSX world..Plus multiplayer zero dogfighting and carrier ops:stop:
Thats really impressive and amazing!:medals: :applause:

noshadez
November 22nd, 2008, 17:33
Hi Stickshaker..Yes the carrier will trap in freeflight and I will make a pilotable version easily for multiplayer.. The package will also include what I promised about 2 years ago-(The Pearl harbor attack) for a big mission.. You are Cat patrol 6 to go out after a cup of coffee to investigate sightings of zeros in a routine patrol area with no ammo.. You end up flying back to base after you officially spot them (After spilling your coffee all over yourself) to load up with ammo..From there its you or them..you take off with ammo and the whole area of Pearl is exploding with zeros.. you must shoot down 5 zeros to complete..I (Finally) made it without getting shot down after 5 trys tonight on my test.. If I can make it with no cheats then its ready..so this one is ready

Skywolf
November 22nd, 2008, 18:12
Cool!! This would be a immediate buy for me also!

VF15_gray
November 23rd, 2008, 11:29

I'm new to FSX but still active in CFS2.

"Weapons Codes"

Will these work in MultiPlayer?

Stickshaker
November 23rd, 2008, 13:28
I’m eagerly waiting for this Ron! But why don’t the Hellcats take ammunition on the first patrol? Can we load ammunition ourselves (by changing the mission file or so)?

noshadez
November 23rd, 2008, 16:13
I’m eagerly waiting for this Ron! But why don’t the Hellcats take ammunition on the first patrol? Can we load ammunition ourselves (by changing the mission file or so)?

Hi Stickshaker.. The reason why is just for movie reasons of laxed operations at the time (Nobody believed the US would be attacked) and as a flying challenge to get back -make a correct full stop landing and load up ammo..You can mess edit with the mission and have ammo at start up but you wont be able to hit them as a series of other triggers will not activate until after you land back at base..The other big mission (Carrier intercept) puts you ammo ready off the carrier then 10 minutes later all the action begins:d

noshadez
November 23rd, 2008, 16:25
Will these work in MultiPlayer?

Hi VF15 GRAY
Yes this works in multiplayer and I will make a multiplayer version..You must have accelleration installed.. For MP I use the racing missions codes to get it done..so it has to be a mission..You cannot do this as a freeflight multiplayer thing..Its the same as the races..All players must have the files-The host must (wait) untill all players he wants have joined in the waiting room..Then the Host loads the game for all --and it starts for all...Nobody can later join it and participate (with the guns)while it is in progress --they can only observe--and the cool accell feature is the observers cannot be seen by the current players--so you wont be going after ghost players...its all private....PS I like this cow thing>:bs:Whered yall git that?

noshadez
November 23rd, 2008, 17:23
Here are a few pics of the Pearl harbor action part..its quite confuzing...I hope like for real...Ive only survived it once..soo.. I use a vista Machine with 2 gigs of ram and a 300 buck video card and I have (No) framrate problems..so I will say on this one with all the default Pearl harbor scenery you will need a decent machine though..I already know my 5 year old XP machine probably wont handle it.. I use every single option there is to make sure all my objects are as low poly as needed where neeeded..such as the new WW2 era battleships..that will also be pilotable in freeflight:isadizzy:

MCDesigns
November 23rd, 2008, 17:32
Really impressive Ron! I wish I had your knowledge when I released my MCDIraq scenery, would have loved to have had some combat scenarios.

Looking forward to this!

P-12C
November 24th, 2008, 13:03
This looks really cool! I can certainly attest to how much work this must have been to pull together. Congratulations on that!

The screen shots look good and I had to laugh a little when I saw the AI tag for a Kingair in the background. You can probably get a perf gain by turning off the modern AI traffic.

noshadez
November 24th, 2008, 17:31
I had to laugh a little when I saw the AI tag for a Kingair in the background

Hi P12.. I know I seen that too later as I do have my AI turned up a bit..So far none of those default AI planes have caused a zero to be shot down in the mission..this is also a test..you see --all of the zeros have a large on enter/exit filter box around them like a light switch- on/off ..so if a wrong referenced object enters it-it cuts its kill off..when it exits it turns its kill back on.. The mission tool does not list objects to be referenced unless it is used in the mission --like the (King air) is not..so I am actually testing to see if one of these AI aircraft not used in the mission will knock a zero down if it flys through it..--Mission talk but thats how it works:isadizzy:

VF15_gray
November 25th, 2008, 07:24
Keep us posted!!

noshadez
November 25th, 2008, 18:35
Ok thanks guys.. As a side show I am doing a submarine op --while the FSX mission tool is doing great things I wanted to see what can be done with something like this.. You must take on 3 destroyers to get through to take out the flat top Shokaku carrier..The destroyers come one at a time at you with depth charges if you get detected..(Which you will) Once if you get through them then you give the Shokaku 2 or 3 fish.. The Sub is pilotable with VC periscope conning tower all DX 10 too and dives and surfaces..for effect..:d

MCDesigns
November 25th, 2008, 18:40
Sweet! can you see the torpedo and it's wake?

orionll
November 25th, 2008, 20:00
Your project looks great!

...Yes this works in multiplayer and I will make a multiplayer version..You must have accelleration installed.. For MP I use the racing missions codes to get it done..so it has to be a mission..You cannot do this as a freeflight multiplayer thing..Its the same as the races..All players must have the files-The host must (wait) untill all players he wants have joined in the waiting room..Then the Host loads the game for all --and it starts for all...Nobody can later join it and participate (with the guns)while it is in progress --they can only observe--and the cool accell feature is the observers cannot be seen by the current players--so you wont be going after ghost players...
I tried a similar project, which some of you may remember (at FSDeveloper, http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8127), a long time ago to get the default carriers working in MP, but had a hard time. Still haven't gotten it working to this day :P. If someone would like to lend a hand, feel free to do so.

Assuming you get it working, you mind helping/explaining it to me?

I keep getting the "The host was unable to launch the session due to an
internal error" error.

Thanks

Orion

Edit: Wow... I feel stupid... You even replied to my thread there. Still getting that error, though :P.

noshadez
November 25th, 2008, 20:05
Hi MC designs..Yes you can see the wake of your fired torpedo..you can sorta track its wake to know how to steer the sub to correct the next one to get a hit.. Of course this is not silent hunter 4 with smart torpedo gyro settings ..your torpedo is aimed by your steering of the sub..you have to lead the target a bit..just a side show..but fun at that..:costumes:

noshadez
November 25th, 2008, 20:22
keep getting the "The host was unable to launch the session due to an
internal error" error.

Hi- this is most likely happening because you or your multiplayer partner is (Missing) a file..object ect...Everyone (Must) have everything that is original created (Plus) everyone must have Acceleration installed for a MP mission to work period..This is not supported in Default FSX/SP1 or SP2..you all must have Accel or you will get this error if you try to join a MP session

orionll
November 25th, 2008, 20:55
keep getting the "The host was unable to launch the session due to an
internal error" error.

Hi- this is most likely happening because you or your multiplayer partner is (Missing) a file..object ect...Everyone (Must) have everything that is original created (Plus) everyone must have Acceleration installed for a MP mission to work period..This is not supported in Default FSX/SP1 or SP2..you all must have Accel or you will get this error if you try to join a MP session
If you look at FSDeveloper, I had clarified that already. Everyone has the mission and is running FSX Acceleration.

Thanks for mentioning that, though.

EgoR64
November 26th, 2008, 03:46
:jump: Amazing stuff Ron !!

The Sub is over the Top - :ernae::applause::ernae:

Will ya throw a Cool Doolittle Raid in there for a Christmas Treat ?? LOL !!

Looking forward to it !!

Many Cheers !!

noshadez
November 27th, 2008, 18:57
Will ya throw a Cool Doolittle Raid in there for a Christmas Treat ?? LOL !!

Hi Ego..Love your videos.. Well why not do the Doolittle raid..so while the project is ongoing.. This time you will get to actually have a predetermined target and drop a bomb on it..If sucsessfull -and dont get hit by flak- then you will have to navigate to another target area to bail out by parachute before you run outta fuel.. If you land in it then its mission complete--like the one way ticket that raid was--- The B-25 plane you will fly will be an updated version of the AI version--there will be gear animation and prop animation and DX10 ready .. plus easy notes on how to insert your own B-25 aircraft into the flight file to use it in the mission instead of the AI one so you will have all the other stuff-guages/VC....early pics

noshadez
November 27th, 2008, 19:06
If you look at FSDeveloper, I had clarified that already. Everyone has the mission and is running FSX Acceleration.

Thanks for mentioning that, though.

Hi Orion..I will try to get you some better info on how I got it done when I get into the MP part of this mission..I have to load it all up and re-learn again and then I can probaby help..I have 2 PCs set up on different lines with different gamespy passwords so I am able to get some MP testing on my own without having to have someone else--lot quicker and better that way..:icon31:

orionll
November 27th, 2008, 22:27
Hi Orion..I will try to get you some better info on how I got it done when I get into the MP part of this mission..I have to load it all up and re-learn again and then I can probaby help..I have 2 PCs set up on different lines with different gamespy passwords so I am able to get some MP testing on my own without having to have someone else--lot quicker and better that way..:icon31:
Thanks, I also have three computers to test this on, and I keep getting this error. I hope we can get this solved together :).

Thanks for your help!

Orion

njbb1995
November 28th, 2008, 11:43
can you download this from anywhere?

noshadez
December 1st, 2008, 17:19
Hi ORION 2 --I got into the multiplayer part of this tonight and I might have some info that will help--At first I got the dreaded (Internal error) as I joined my own game--Thought I would be up to 1AM tonight..Here was the problem if it helps your mission--I had one PC with the mission in a (Subfolder) and on the other PC my mission was directly in the (Missions) folder--Problem solved after making (Both) PCs have the mission in the same path directory..the mission loaded for me as a joined player--I trapped on my first try -caught wire 2 on the Hornet..thats rare for me

idancesafetydance
December 1st, 2008, 18:16
:jawdrop::jawdrop:I'm having a hard time containing myself:redfire:

"hey grandpa, are you sitting in the apple pie, it's for my aunt."
Grandpa: "I sure hope so." no, but seriusly this looks awesome.

orionll
December 2nd, 2008, 05:16
Hi ORION 2 --I got into the multiplayer part of this tonight and I might have some info that will help--At first I got the dreaded (Internal error) as I joined my own game--Thought I would be up to 1AM tonight..Here was the problem if it helps your mission--I had one PC with the mission in a (Subfolder) and on the other PC my mission was directly in the (Missions) folder--Problem solved after making (Both) PCs have the mission in the same path directory..the mission loaded for me as a joined player--I trapped on my first try -caught wire 2 on the Hornet..thats rare for me
Sounds like it's quite simple, although I'm pretty sure that I was doing it right the first time also.

I'll quickly remake the mission and try again.

Thanks!

Orion

noshadez
December 2nd, 2008, 20:02
Hi Orion II -- Here is another tip--Do not edit a mission from one pc and then edit the mission on the other PC the same--even if its the (EXact same edit) for some reason you will get the (Internal error)probaby this is caused by guids automaticaly being written...matter of fact I know thats what it is....This thing is sensitive.. You must completely copy any new edited mission xml and port it over to your other PC by disc..otherwise you will get the error

orionll
December 2nd, 2008, 20:47
Hi Orion II -- Here is another tip--Do not edit a mission from one pc and then edit the mission on the other PC the same--even if its the (EXact same edit) for some reason you will get the (Internal error)probaby this is caused by guids automaticaly being written...matter of fact I know thats what it is....This thing is sensitive.. You must completely copy any new edited mission xml and port it over to your other PC by disc..otherwise you will get the error
Thanks for the tip, I'll try and see if I can get things working this weekend.

orionll
December 6th, 2008, 11:32
I feel really stupid now. I had started this project about a year ago now, but for some reason, I just couldn't get it to work, although now, I try again and it just works.

Thanks for your help!

Orion

P.S. Good luck to your project also, looking good ;)!

noshadez
December 6th, 2008, 18:53
An Update..Great Orion 2 for getting it working.. Its the Multiplayer part that takes all my time up as it is quite sensitive to get it to work..just look at it wrong and (Poof).. Anyway all is coming along ..Here are some pics of my very own Hellcat off of the beautiful Pensacola Florida on a launch and trap training mission during WW2 era..complete with a little animated pilot man in it.. Multiplayer will also include for 2 players to drive each of the carriers as others spawn on it for launch into battle.. and can talk via MP for carrier locations for navigation back to the carriers..coool or what? But--you might not make it back..sooo:icon31:

noshadez
December 6th, 2008, 19:14
Plus the Doolittle mission is a total trip.. All the guys are making jokes and stuff while Jimmy is saying "Knock it off and watch out for zeros!"..But no zeros never come..but other stuff does..soo

Stickshaker
December 7th, 2008, 02:13
Beautiful carrier!

orionll
December 7th, 2008, 12:39
Wait, are you modeling the USS Hornet CV-8 or CV-12?

I might be able to use your model in a scenery I'm making if it's CV-12 :P.

Anyhow, looking good!

Orion

P.S. Working on my mission, estimated release would be in time for Christmas. Also, sorry for getting your topic off topic.

noshadez
January 6th, 2009, 20:01
Ok--this scenery is finally done..8 major missions with Hellcats and corsairs..plus multiplayer and flight deck traps..everything is with combat in the missions..you get to shoot at AI and each other in MP..all in Acell + FSX..final go will be at (Alphasim)..good luck and dont get all shot up:help:

orionll
January 6th, 2009, 20:29
Totally awesome!!!

Can't wait to try it!

I still need to fix a camera (how do you change a camera's elevation?), make a reward and an installer for mine :P.

noshadez
January 7th, 2009, 16:22
Hi OrionII -I usually attach my cams to another object and then you get a 2nd option for axis..The Y axis is the 2nd set of number values in the attached object to move the cam up or down..as far as making rewards its shown in the SDK..I have a folder set up and a command prompt but it was so long ago..I just go to it and make them so I do not remember how to set it up:amen:

njbb1995
January 9th, 2009, 21:51
Payware or Freeware. (I'm sorry if I missed it)

MCDesigns
January 10th, 2009, 03:25
Payware or Freeware. (I'm sorry if I missed it)

Probably payware since it's going to Alphasim.

beautiful work noshadez, can't wait to check it out!! :ernae:

njbb1995
January 10th, 2009, 12:33
Ok thank you

noshadez
January 10th, 2009, 16:44
Thanks all,Some corsair missions have been added in at last moment with plenty of zero action and close air USMC support..plus a bomb a sub mission. Thus making a total of 8 major missions,several single player free flight type flight deck missions and several Multiplayer Flight deck traps with friends and one major up to 16 player multiplayer dogfight-8 spawn off the USS Hornet in Hellcats and 8 spawn off the Japanese carrier Shokaku in a zero aircraft and go head on with machine guns..Good luck with that!