PDA

View Full Version : F-35A RNLAF WIP

Warrant
August 3rd, 2010, 15:41
WIP of first RNLAF repaint F-35A by Dino:

CG_1976
August 3rd, 2010, 16:59
Very nice paint an worthy of a hanger and flag at Alert Canada:salute: Look forward to flying her.

Ferry_vO
August 4th, 2010, 02:04
Looks good René!

:applause:

Stickshaker
August 4th, 2010, 02:57
Looking forward to it, Warrant, but I would expect the national insigna to be on the air intake, not on the forward fuselage. Is this scheme 'official' or is it your interpretation, given that it is not yet sure that the Netherlands will acquire the F-35?

noddy
August 4th, 2010, 03:12
That looks really good, well done.

Warrant
August 4th, 2010, 03:36
Looking forward to it, Warrant, but I would expect the national insigna to be on the air intake, not on the forward fuselage. Is this scheme 'official' or is it your interpretation, given that it is not yet sure that the Netherlands will acquire the F-35?

It is still an interpretation. I have a mail out to the F-35 project team to get some artist impressions of what the F-35 paint would be if acquired.
Till then i'm producing multiple repaints with different options. I don't know if the RNLAF will stick with the dark-grey paint neither. So expect variations in that aspect as well.
Thanks for the compliments so far, guy's :salute:

Ferry_vO
August 4th, 2010, 05:53
So expect variations in that aspect as well.

Perhaps the current F-16 scheme, or maybe the old dark grey/grey NF-5 paint, or even the green/grey NF-5 paint! :jump: It is a strike fighter after all. ;) Wonder how it looks with tiger colours, or with the orange lion scheme (The Shockwave looks good too though.. :kilroy:) Two tails so plenty of space for tail art! Oops, getting carried away here! :icon_lol:

Warrant
August 4th, 2010, 06:46
Perhaps the current F-16 scheme, or maybe the old dark grey/grey NF-5 paint, or even the green/grey NF-5 paint! :jump: It is a strike fighter after all. ;) Wonder how it looks with tiger colours, or with the orange lion scheme (The Shockwave looks good too though.. :kilroy:) Two tails so plenty of space for tail art! Oops, getting carried away here! :icon_lol:

LOL, gonna have lots and lots of oppurtunities for inspiration soon. My airbase is to host the Tiger Meet 2010 :cool::p::d

Especially for you, my friend.....i will make a Tiger version (and probably for an entire 313 Sqn :d).

Ferry_vO
August 4th, 2010, 07:19
My airbase is to host the Tiger Meet 2010 :cool::p::d

When will this take place, and will it be possible for the general public to see anything..?

:wiggle:

Warrant
August 4th, 2010, 08:14
Ferry, i don't think they will organize a dedicated photo oppurtunity as seen at KB last year, sorry for that, mate. I'll PM you if i have updates regarding that matter.

Paint update:

huub vink
August 4th, 2010, 14:11
Hi Rene, like Stickshaker I do expect the nationality marking will p be placed on the air intake as you did on the last update of your repaint. However I expect them to be low-vis grey and not in full colour.

Cheers,
Huub

Warrant
August 4th, 2010, 15:29
Hi Rene, like Stickshaker I do expect the nationality marking will p be placed on the air intake as you did on the last update of your repaint. However I expect them to be low-vis grey and not in full colour.

Cheers,
Huub

Hi Huub, the paints i produce right now are my interpretation, since i have no indication the future RNLAF fighter fleet will swap the full colour roundel to a tone-down version. Till i have a word from the F-16 replacement work group, coloured they remain.
I also put out a query regarding possible tail numbers. The "I" i use actually denotes interim.
Having saiod that much, it is still a big grey cloud if the Dutch government is to purchase the F-35, or Gripen NG or any at all.....
Best remedy in the mean time....build myself my own fleet of Viper replacements. If ther was a good FSX native Flanker, hell...i'dd make a Dutch version of it too:wiggle:

Here is my latest update:

Greetz, R

Stickshaker
August 4th, 2010, 15:51
Very nice, that last one, Warrant! I hope you'll give us all your variations, whatever the RNLAF will do!

Stickshaker
August 5th, 2010, 03:10
As far as I know the plane is not painted in the traditional way, but plastic sheets are ‘glued’ onto it to enhance stealth. So I wonder how much variation in schemes will be possible or allowed in practice.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
But don’t let that discourage you, Warrant!<o:p></o:p>

Dino Cattaneo
August 5th, 2010, 03:59
Nice repaints - as for the F-35 painting process, here is an interesting link (although the video is not much technical):
http://gizmodo.com/5580999/this-is-how-lockheed-martin-paints-f+35-fighter-jets

Warrant
August 6th, 2010, 12:39
It's uploaded and available

CG_1976
August 6th, 2010, 21:24
EHVB to Nice Cote dAzur.:salute::ernae:

TAFKAM
August 6th, 2010, 22:34
Warrant,

Nicely done...
Though a bit funny...311 on a 312 plane hahahaha don't show it to the guys on the base there...

Heard that the plans around F-35 is in the fridge at the moment...but still nice work...
Has been a while since i have been skinning...the orange lion of AS was my last...dont have the time annymore...

keep up the good work....!

Best Regards

Ray

Stickshaker
August 7th, 2010, 02:59
Thanks, Warrant!

Warrant
August 7th, 2010, 03:26
Though a bit funny...311 on a 312 plane hahahaha don't show it to the guys on the base there...

LOL :d, you noticed! Just a small joke!

TAFKAM
August 7th, 2010, 10:20
Hey as former Airforce Cpl. on EHVK, it would be bad if i didnt notice it!! hahaha

annyway good work bud!

Best Regards

TFKM

BananaBob
August 7th, 2010, 11:05
Beautiful paint on a beautifully crafted bird! :salute:

VinFlyer
August 8th, 2010, 01:11
Nice work Warrant. although it remains to see if we get the plane for real. At least we have it virtually now :-)

huub vink
August 8th, 2010, 11:19
Nice work Rene!

Huub