PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Blue Ceil Corsair F4U

Bruce Thompson
September 30th, 2008, 12:06
Has anyone got the Alpha Bluce Ceil Corsair F4U to work in FSX.

Got the new Prop and Glass textures from Flightsim, but can't get it of the ground. When I open the throttle it spins to the left, full circle.

BananaBob
September 30th, 2008, 12:16
Has anyone got the Alpha Bluce Ceil Corsair F4U to work in FSX.

Got the new Prop and Glass textures from Flightsim, but can't get it of the ground. When I open the throttle it spins to the right, full circle.

I never did get along with that plane, couldn't get it off the ground either without crashing, maybe I needed to assign toe brake commands or something, the only way I could ever get airborne in it was to slew it up, LOL :isadizzy:

hews500d
September 30th, 2008, 12:20
I haven't tried it in fsx but I recall in fs9 you need to add 5 degrees right rudder trim and I think some aileron trim to the right also.. But if it's spinning to the right, it sounds more like something may be screwed up in the air file??

Darrell

Bruce Thompson
September 30th, 2008, 12:26
Sorry Darell, I meant to the left:redf:, just as though there was way too much torque from the prop, its violent no amount of rudder or aileron can stop it.:banghead:

fliger747
September 30th, 2008, 15:26
OK:

This applies as well to the many Corsair FM's that I have done as well....

Make full right rudder trim!

Check the cfg file to see if there is a differential braking scalar, it should be "1.0".

Apply the throttle slowly using right rudder as necessary. Around 40 knots or so a stab of right brake may also be necessary, only apply full throttle after about 45-50 knots.

T.

Sascha66
September 30th, 2008, 16:06
In FS9 I set the P-factor to a third in the realism settings and turn off torque and gyro forces, then reduce general realism by degrees until I can fly the *#§$$!! machine! :isadizzy:

deimos256
September 30th, 2008, 16:28
If i remember i would just crack the throttle to get her moving then once i was going fast enough for rudder response id open her up.

If she works in FSX I might have to get her back hmmm

fliger747
September 30th, 2008, 17:30
You should be able to fly these with all sliders to the right. If you like hogs, try the D-ware ones, they fly well in FSX as well as FS9, with some of the usual crossover limitations.

Cheers: T.

hews500d
September 30th, 2008, 18:35
Sorry Darell, I meant to the left:redf:, just as though there was way too much torque from the prop, its violent no amount of rudder or aileron can stop it.:banghead:

ah ha! That makes more sense now :costumes: Don't use full power, crank in a lot of rudder and aileron trim, ease the throttle up to about 35" mp and once you start rolling around 40 knots or so s l o w l y ease the throttle up to about 45-55" mp. I find with this one it takes a bootfull of right rudder even with the trims set.

Darrell

haggis57
September 30th, 2008, 18:44
The takeoff procedure from manual included with the package works for me. Limiting boost to 30 in. Hg still allows you to takeoff from the back of the Acceleration carriers.

TAKE OFF

[ 1 ] Open canopy (<Maj.>+<E>) and rise the pilot seat (icon 2)
[ 2 ] Adjust the trims optional)
rudder trim on 7 right (between first and second mark)
aileron trim on 2 right
pitch trim on 2 up
[ 3 ] Verify the position of the fuel selector
[ 4 ] align the aircraft
[ 5 ] Increase throttle to obtain a boost pressure 30 in. Hg max.
[ 6 ] Stick full back
[ 7 ] After the brakes release, let the Corsair take a slight acceleration at the beginning, then add right
pedal action to contract the motor torque effect
[ 8 ] When the Corsair is in straight course, slightly push the stick to be in flight attitude
[ 9 ] Once in flight attitude increase progressively the throttle to obtain boost pressure of 45 im. Hg.

heywooood
September 30th, 2008, 19:31
there is an updated airfile along with the plane and the prop and glass texture fixes...

but its a warbird - it doesn't take much more than half throttle to get airborne...a little trim and a gentle push forward to fly the tail and you can steer it easily enough down the strip.

heywooood
September 30th, 2008, 20:17
a few more - I guess its safe to say that I am anxious for a true FSX Corsair...but ths port is good for now. :ernae:

heywooood
September 30th, 2008, 20:23
a better prop would be a good thing....Bob...and I think you know who you are...Banana...dude...:ernae:

Bruce Thompson
October 1st, 2008, 00:03
Thanks for all your help Guy's, I will try all your suggestions, the Differential Brakes is one I had not thought of, thanks Fliger 747.:ernae:

expat
October 1st, 2008, 02:38
Very useful discussion on how to "finesse" this very fine a/c aloft. And once airborne it is such a joy to fly. :ernae:

hews500d
October 1st, 2008, 05:56
Are you porting it over into fsx acceleration? If so where are the necessary files? I'd love to have this one but understood it was FUBAR'ed in FSX Accel.

Darrell

Stickshaker
October 1st, 2008, 10:58
Here at SOH in the FSX new files section.

Antoninus
October 3rd, 2008, 04:40
Good to have this one back, it was the only plane I missed after SP2. Especially since it works very well with the Acceleration carrier.
Glad that true FSX Corsairs are in development now.