PDA

View Full Version : Blast from the Past

Cloud9Gal
August 2nd, 2010, 19:01
At times, I wish I would have been born during that era. No wonder they didn't need any health clubs during the 50s & 60s! What energy!

lrhGtXCGn6M

txnetcop
August 2nd, 2010, 19:39
I was on American Bandstand as a kid a couple of times-hard to get on but the gal I was with could really shake it! Great video!
Ted

OBIO
August 2nd, 2010, 20:27
All that energy came from the radiation released during all those atomic weapons tests. Once the testing of nuclear weapons was banned, the "Vibe" disappeared and kids got fat and lazy. Haven't ya noticed that the proliferation of video games coincides with the demise of the atomic arms race?

I will say one thing about that time period....clothing was cut and styled to make everyone look great...even a gal with a so so body looked amazing in those clothes.

OBIO

Collin
August 2nd, 2010, 20:42
Yer all wrong...they were all aliens trying to take over the planet. They got killed off by the weapons grade cheeseburgers with fries and cola.:icon_lol:

regards Collin:ernae:

Naismith
August 2nd, 2010, 22:41
[QUOTE=Cloud9Gal;456222]At times, I wish I would have been born during that era. No wonder they didn't need any health clubs during the 50s & 60s! What energy!
]

Ah nostalgia. The other way to look at it is, you can still do that now if you choose to, had you been born for the era you would be in your 80's now and most of the folks in that video are probably dead now. Who says I look on the dark side? :jump:

Terry
August 3rd, 2010, 04:09
At times, I wish I would have been born during that era. No wonder they didn't need any health clubs during the 50s & 60s! What energy!

lrhGtXCGn6M

Too bad, you would have loved it. The only thing that wasen't better back then was no computers. Do you suppose if there had been computers everyone would have been at home watching Youtube videos of big band ballroom dances and wishing they had been born in the 20's.

Navy Chief
August 3rd, 2010, 04:10
I have always wanted to have lived during the 30s/40s. The clothes, music.....loved it all.

Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, in my opinion, really represent the dance talent from that era. There are so many examples of their talent available. So difficult to pick one.

I chose this one: enjoy

UnUfY-URXzA

TARPSBird
August 3rd, 2010, 04:51
A story from my old Navy buddy Ed who grew up in Philadelphia...
Back in the day when American Bandstand was broadcast from Philly, if you were a teen it wasn't really hip to appear on the show. Bandstand was known for its "regular" dance couples, many of whom were camera hogs with professional style routines like in C9G's movie clip. A common put-down line to use on somebody was, "Hey, I saw you on Bandstand last week!" or even worse, "Hey, I saw your girlfriend on Bandstand last week!" :d

Snuffy
August 3rd, 2010, 05:50
You don't have to wish to be back in that era C9G ...

C'mon down to J'ville, there's a place about 8 blocks from my place that's called "57 Heaven" and the atmosphere in the place is exactly like the video you posted.

(Its not a classy place, but it'll definitely take you back!.)

Terry
August 3rd, 2010, 07:07
Snuffy

Do they have 45's in the jukebox or CD's?

Pauke! Pauke!
August 4th, 2010, 10:02
I hate to bump this thread at this late date but I have to insert a few clips from a way back when. We're talking some energy here.

EsxtGBMQGq4&feature

dJCOWSWH6Yc&feature

And of course there is the Nicholas Brothers in this Glen Miller hit about that certain city in Michigan. I totally love this no matter how many times I post it.

fFv_PoZ2iP0

Snuffy
August 4th, 2010, 10:29
Snuffy

Do they have 45's in the jukebox or CD's?

I don't know that they have a jukebox ... never patronized the place myself, but according to hearsay, they have a DJ ... Not sure what he spins.

Pauke! Pauke!
August 4th, 2010, 10:35
Don't make me go to Fats Waller and Dixie Dunbar! I'm warning you! You can't handle the truth! This will warp your prospective....but perhaps for the good.

upKXARXcsWg