PDA

View Full Version : Bloom problem

Montie
August 2nd, 2010, 13:57
Hi,

Recently I started having problems with FSX crashing when ending a flight. So I removed the fsx.cfg and regenerated a new, but since then the bloom effect has looked a bit off. There are no spikes coming from the bloom effect, just the softed light. I can not figure it out, what could be wrong?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Montie/bloomproblem.jpg

heywooood
August 2nd, 2010, 19:40
I dont have an answer for you as I don't use it - but here's a friendly bump in case someone does

Gizmo
August 3rd, 2010, 05:56
Did you check that FSX hasnt set itself to run in DX10 [Preview] mode ?

from the looks of the bloom and the water in your shot it seems that its running under DX10 if so that the way bloom works in DX10 you'll have to switch back to the DX9 render to get flare/spike bloom

Montie
August 4th, 2010, 04:30
Did you check that FSX hasnt set itself to run in DX10 [Preview] mode ?

from the looks of the bloom and the water in your shot it seems that its running under DX10 if so that the way bloom works in DX10 you'll have to switch back to the DX9 render to get flare/spike bloom

Yes, DX10 Preview is turned off. Tried turning it on and off to see if that would help, but it did not...

skyhawka4m
August 4th, 2010, 04:40
when you turned it on and off did you reboot FS? If not you need to do that also.

Montie
August 4th, 2010, 04:42
Yes I did, but no luck there.

skyhawka4m
August 4th, 2010, 08:08
okie dokie......it has to be a setting issue. Have you tried looking at your video card set up?

Montie
August 5th, 2010, 13:42
Yes, I can find anything out of the ordinary...

gradyhappyg
August 5th, 2010, 14:10
Try adding these lines to your FSX config in the graphics section.
I had some problems getting mine to work after a config delete and rebuild.
If it doesn't help you can always take it back out.

[GRAPHICS]
ALLOW_SHADER_30=1
SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=98