PDA

View Full Version : OT

Gregory Paul
August 2nd, 2010, 13:08
Divorce stinks! Sorry just had to vent.

Snuffy
August 2nd, 2010, 13:57
Sorry to hear your bad news. Mine happened in 1998. And it was extremely costly. Took me the better part of 6 years to dig out of that hole.

However, since then I have remained significant other free.

Willy
August 2nd, 2010, 14:02
Went through one in 97 and don't care to repeat the experience although I did come out of it pretty lucky. She didn't go after my retirement and I eventually got the kids. Life is good without a cheating millstone around your neck.

Toastmaker
August 2nd, 2010, 14:04
Yes, it does, Greg. Sometimes though, its just what the doctor ordered !

:running:

txnetcop
August 2nd, 2010, 16:14
Sorry to hear your bad news. Mine happened in 1998. And it was extremely costly. Took me the better part of 6 years to dig out of that hole.

However, since then I have remained significant other free.

Same here...Christmas Eve 1998 Financially it was wreck and ruin...but kids paid the BIG price! So sorry Gregory Paul! Hang tough buddy!

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Cloud9Gal
August 2nd, 2010, 16:24
It saddens me that you are going through a rough time Gregory! And please, don't be sorry to vent in here. You can always count on us for some support, advice, or just some kind words to brighten your day a little bit.

Count your blessings and remain strong and positive.

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Love/friends-067.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Love-Smileys.html)

jmig
August 2nd, 2010, 16:27
It is often said that divorce is worse on a person's emotional wellness than death of your spouse. I can believe it. I went down that road many years ago.

I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy.

The good news Gregory is that you will recover. You will find an end to the dark tunnel you are in right now. Just take it one day at a time.

Navy Chief
August 2nd, 2010, 18:22
Oh I DO know what you are going through. Got divorced last September. Financial and emotional stress are NOT easy to deal with.

The folks here really helped me though those times. Especially C9 Gal, thank you! Pete

Bone
August 2nd, 2010, 18:47
Yep, did that too. Horrible feeling. Closure can't come fast enough.

Cloud9Gal
August 2nd, 2010, 18:50
Oh I DO know what you are going through. Got divorced last September. Financial and emotional stress are NOT easy to deal with.

The folks here really helped me though those times. Especially C9 Gal, thank you! Pete

You are quite welcome Pete! Anytime my friend, anytime! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug006.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

EasyEd
August 2nd, 2010, 19:45
Hey All,

Bad news. :frown:

GP seems I recall you had a kid a couple years ago. Am I right?

Good Luck.

-Ed-

Chacha
August 2nd, 2010, 20:34
Sorry to hear that Gregory Paul!
The ones that suffer much are the kids,
If you have any.
Divorce is always very emotional.

If there are children involved,
assure them that you love them.
They are the once that are very MUCH affected.

Stay focused and do not let divorce run you over.
You will recover!
YES, you will!

cheezyflier
August 3rd, 2010, 01:03
try not to think of it as a divorce. think of it in terms of "a narrow escape" :icon_lol:

hey_moe
August 3rd, 2010, 01:51
Greg, you may not believe this but things will only get better once the papers are signed and all the horse chet is over with. If you have kids involved where their is payments each month, that add to the horse chet. But once that part is over with it is smooth sailing after that. I kept asking myself when am I ever going to wake up from this nightmare. The stress level is unreal but it will get better as time only heals all the damage.

TomSteber
August 3rd, 2010, 02:00
Been there, 1997. It's tough, especially if it's not your idea as was my case. Looking back now, I won't say it was the best thing that could have happened, but it lead me to where I am now, which is a good place. A place I never thought I could reach.
The tougher part is if you have kids together, try to make it as easy on them as you can and remember, your ex will always be a part of your life. So, try to get along with her, for the kids sake. Only other advise is don't talk bad of her in front of the kids. That's a hard one to do, but the right thing.
Good luck and it will get better over time. I know that doesn't help much now, but it will. Believe me.

Gregory Paul
August 3rd, 2010, 06:28
1442514424It's was very hot at the game.

Well the papers are signed but it's not that much better. I do miss my little family. The ex stepped out on me. 4 great kids.

Chacha
August 3rd, 2010, 07:31
1442514424It's was very hot at the game.

Well the papers are signed but it's not that much better. I do miss my little family. The ex stepped out on me. 4 great kids.

Greg,

You are blessed with 4 beautiful angels.
Make sure you keep in touch with them every time.
Send them postcards, cards, gifts....

My girl was 4 going to five when ex and I had the same situation.
It was a nightmare!
But look where I am NOW....
I am the MOST happy person in the whole wide world!
I am free! :)
I can do whatever I want,
go to places whenever I want!
Fly my SIM whenever I want!
Buy as many toys and shoes whenever I want.
SWEET FREEDOM!

HouseHobbit
August 3rd, 2010, 08:20
Yes there is life after divorce..
I have a happy life, been divorced since '89..
Never re married, it's a faith thing..

I hope you can recover and be well..
it will be hard for a bit, but these things change.

I hope you are able to continue to help your children have the life with their father they and you deserve..Remember, many have survived this..

It just a new path in life, enjoy the walk, and keep a eye out for the beauty there is..
One never knows what there is around the bend..
God Bless you..

Lionheart
August 3rd, 2010, 10:25
I am sorry to hear this Greg. They say its horrible. I have never been through it but have seen my sister go through one, and my brother has done it 3 times now and swears he will never marry again.

Hang in there. This storm too shall surely pass...

Bill

JoeW
August 3rd, 2010, 10:31
Everybody needs to get at least one. Teaches humility and strenghtens the careater.
I know I made mistakes .......... but ......