PDA

View Full Version : Smacked up some Cessna O-1 repaints...

Dag
August 2nd, 2010, 11:19
.... here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&userid=327&sort=d

The upper 5 in the list, I believe. Nothing too fancy, 3 Norwegians and 2 Canadians. The Norwegians have custom flight suits and helmets and all feature custom panel textures. I redid bump-maps also.

Thanks and back to the A-7

Dag
August 7th, 2010, 08:33
For the future, my paint jobs will be found at AVSIM, as they have been in the past.
Have a good weekend :-)

Thanks

Rattler
August 7th, 2010, 14:30
Cant wait to see what you do with the A-7 Paints, Fingers still crossed for the NM ANG Roadrunners Paint.. (The Taco Squadron):salute::salute::salute:

doublecool
August 7th, 2010, 14:46
Thanks Dag,

Took every paint out for an hour each

Very nice :salute: One of my Favorite aircraft just got better

VinFlyer
August 8th, 2010, 01:25
Great looking paints Dag. Unfortunately I don't own the O-1, so I won't be able to enjoy it in FS. Perhaps these paints are a good reason to buy it...

Dag
August 8th, 2010, 04:37
Rattler;
NM ANG A-7D paint job is in progress. I think it'll be a Euro 1 camouflaged aircraft (Green 34079/Grey 36081).

Vin;
I would highly recommend the O-1 for a lot of reasons. Initially there were a fair bunch of critisism on the FM, although I never had a problem with it at all. The FM was redone and I still find the aircraft outstanding to fly.
Andrey's modelling and texturing is superb to say the least and the repaint kit is to his usual standards with good baked in shading on grey layers. Contrast enhance these and they will form a superb "multiply top layer" for the base colouring.
In the initial release, all models were sort of civilian warbird types with mostly no helmets on the crew members and most models also featured the glider tow gear. A whole bunch of new models was added with ver. 1.2 and these are mostly military type models with helmeted/flight suited crew and no tow gear. These are very adaptable to "in service" military repaints.
I originally had a couple of US Army paint jobs ready, among them a day-glo patched trainer from Ft. Rucker back in the days. The master psds for these were lost in a disk crash but I will probably redo these at a later date.

Thanks for the kind words

Rattler
August 8th, 2010, 15:28
Dag... You Are the Man, thank you sooo much Man!!:salute::salute::salute:

O-1Driver
August 8th, 2010, 17:25
Nice looking paint jobs. I fly mostly in CFS3 but Mike (Flyer01) has sparked my interest in FSX with a video he did of a payware L-4. I currently don't have FSX but I do have FS 2004, is there a big improvement in FSX?

Two of my most favorite planes are the O-1 and L-4 and I see that both are available to fly in FSX, they are not available in CFS3.1497514970 How are the flight models? I would guess that there are quite a few rated pilots who fly FSX.

I currently own a 1943 L-4B and have restored a couple of O-1 Bird Dogs. attached is the last O-1 I did in 183rd Aviation Company Markings, it would make a very nice paint job for FSX. I flew it up to Ft. Rucker for the Sea Horse reunion a few years ago and took some of the guys for rides in it, some had not been in an O-1 since they left Vietnam.

Best Regards,

O-1 Driver

Dag
August 9th, 2010, 01:00
O-1Driver,
I suggest you head over to the forums at sibwings.com to read a bit there on FM related topics. I would like to say that this O-1 probably has a very realistic FM but then again I'm not a pilot.

Thanks