PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G940 Flight Control System

gigabyte
August 2nd, 2010, 09:19
Have any of our estemed members had a go at the newest Logitech G940 FCS? I have been considering buying one, but none of the shops around here stock them so I have not been able to see it up close. I have been using Saitek (X45 and X52) for quite awhile and other than the delays in updating the drivers for Vista I have been quite happy, but I have to say the G940 looks very interesting. I would love to see some feedback if anyone has one of these systems.

Dain Arns
August 2nd, 2010, 09:33
I'm probably not esteemed...

I have it, and I love it, I haven't had any issues with it.
BUT...

Apparently other folks have been having issues with it.
Overheating and calibration.
I know a couple folks are on their third ones.
Sent back and replaced by Logitech with no problems at least.

And I'll be honest, the last patch took Logitech, 9 months to release and seemed to create more headaches for some other folks.
No idea when they will release the next one, if ever...

Kind of a mixed bag at this point.

I love the force feedback on it though.
Gives me the input I need to make landings in tight spots with helos.
My two cents.

JohnC
August 2nd, 2010, 10:15
I've had one since last September and put quite a few virtual miles on it and haven't experienced much in the way of problems. My only real complaint is that the rudder travel is a bit short for my ham-footed efforts, which makes small movements and precise coordination a little difficult. Other than that, it's felt like a solid upgrade all the way around from my last stick (x52).

john99vette
August 2nd, 2010, 10:41
I've had 4 and have given up. Switches just quit working. Sure miss the two throttles. Logitech replaces or refunds without any problem.

Alan_A
August 2nd, 2010, 10:56
I've been using mine since February. Love it. No problems. Best with FS Force 2.5 (http://www.fs-force.com/) - a major improvement on FSX force feedback. Really adds to the immersion.

Hope this helps.

gigabyte
August 2nd, 2010, 12:52
Thanks a bunch, I think now all I have to do is figure out a way to sneak it past the wife...

I really wanted a dual throttle and rudder pedals so this does look like it suites the bill, I can also get it for a good price through work so by selling off my Saitek stuff I should be able to keep the wife off my back - "Ears Hopin" anyway...lol

glennc
August 2nd, 2010, 16:28
I'll add my "got it, love it". I especially like the dual throttle set up. It's not perfect in terms of being able to handle more than two engines but with the configurator for the flight controller in the A2A B-17 Accusim, it's as close to perfect as I want. It allows setting the left throttle for all left side engines and right for all right side engines. That can't be done in standard FSX, or at least no one has disagreed with me.

Glenn