PDA

View Full Version : VRS Superbug Questions

Major_Spittle
August 2nd, 2010, 06:06
I am considering getting this bird but have a few questions.

1. Is the disk in any stores. Best Buy/Fry's......

2. Where is the cheapest place to buy it?

3. If you have to buy it from VRS directly do they ship the most recent patched version on disk and does it have a simple "key code" on package type install or do you have to connect to a website, click your heels, hope they don't go out of bussiness......

4. Any major bugs with aircraft not addressed yet?

5. I've seen videos of it targeting, firing missles at, and other planes exploding? What is up with that? Is this single player stuff or can you blow up other planes, just other superbugs.....

6. Yes I know I prolly could have spent all afternoon researching and finding this info myself, but I am pretty sure somebody here owns it and can answer all of my questions and one's I didn't even know I had, so thanks for the reply's.

Oh, and one more..... Is this company (or somebody else) going to release an F-22 or something that is better 2 months after I purchase this and I'll kick myself for spending my bi-annual FSX $$$ on this plane?

hammer353
August 2nd, 2010, 10:06
I am considering getting this bird but have a few questions.

1. Is the disk in any stores. Best Buy/Fry's......

2. Where is the cheapest place to buy it?

3. If you have to buy it from VRS directly do they ship the most recent patched version on disk and does it have a simple "key code" on package type install or do you have to connect to a website, click your heels, hope they don't go out of bussiness......

4. Any major bugs with aircraft not addressed yet?

5. I've seen videos of it targeting, firing missles at, and other planes exploding? What is up with that? Is this single player stuff or can you blow up other planes, just other superbugs.....

6. Yes I know I prolly could have spent all afternoon researching and finding this info myself, but I am pretty sure somebody here owns it and can answer all of my questions and one's I didn't even know I had, so thanks for the reply's.

Oh, and one more..... Is this company (or somebody else) going to release an F-22 or something that is better 2 months after I purchase this and I'll kick myself for spending my bi-annual FSX $$$ on this plane?

1. The disk is not in any stores.
2&3. you only can get at http://vrsimulations.com/ it does include the most recent patch, it does have key that you have to enter. you will get your key when complete the order.
4. The only bug that i know that has not been issued is the speedbrakes, they only deploy when you have the throttle to idle.
5. I am not sure if this is just limited to single player or if it works in both single and multi player. The planes do not explode but the will disappear of your radar. You can shoot down any AI aircraft. VRS is curnnetly working on the tac pack which will allow you to see the impack of where your munintions hit.
6. I dont know VRS plans on doing a F-22.
I hope i answered all of your questions, and this plane it definitly worth buying.

CodyValkyrie
August 2nd, 2010, 10:25
Jon Blum and team spent many years developing the VRS Superbug. I highly suspect nobody will come along and produce "something better" in the foreseeable future as far as aircraft systems and a high fidelity simulation are concerned.

His upcoming tacpack will make the weapons functional in a multiplayer environment as well as add some really cool new weapons features to the plane.

Cag40Navy
August 2nd, 2010, 11:13
When did he say he was doing a F/A-18F?

IanHenry
August 2nd, 2010, 11:36
THe Superbug is without question the best military jet for FSX, without any doubt. You will not be disapointed.

Ian.