PDA

View Full Version : New Sea King from Alphasim/ Virtavia

noddy
August 1st, 2010, 23:40
New release at Virtavia - a huge Sea King helicopter package for FSX ! Read about this fantastic package of 20 Sea Kings at Virtavia Virtavia web site (http://www.virtavia.com/?p=296) and be sure to check out the screenshots in the Virtavia Gallery (http://www.virtavia.com/?page_id=164). Release date is August 3rd !

gajit
August 1st, 2010, 23:57
It looks very promising but I will let you guys go first :ernae:

conork
August 2nd, 2010, 02:08
YAY ...im buying it first thing when it comes out ....looks great ..finally a sea king for fsx :D

SADT
August 2nd, 2010, 02:17
Hi,

I dont want to slight Virtavias great work, but I have noticed that both this release and that of the B1-B have 2-d gauges, not 3-d ones. Any reasons?

gajit
August 2nd, 2010, 02:21
YAY ...im buying it first thing when it comes out ....looks great ..finally a sea king for fsx :D

Go for it! Pls report if the VC is good and if the windows have glazing - i cant tell from the screenshots

conork
August 2nd, 2010, 03:00
no problem ..will do :)

Dain Arns
August 2nd, 2010, 05:13
I'm not that spoiled, I guess.
VC looks fine to me. :salute:

gajit
August 2nd, 2010, 05:15
I hate flying i cockpits that dont have some hint of glazing - too cold LOL

Fireball6
August 2nd, 2010, 05:34
It is a SeaKing, so it is a "must have" for me - i grow up only a few hundred meters away from the Base of the MFG5 (NavalAirWing5). Saw this great helicopter a few weeks ago at the "Spotters Day 2010" during the SAR-Meet in Kiel/Germany. Counting the hours now .....!

Dirk

Dain Arns
August 2nd, 2010, 05:38
Like most donuts these days, I find the glazing is often over done.
Add window reflections to that list as well.

That fact is in the real world, you naturally focus your eyes through that reflection on glass anyway, and onto the surface of the instrument or whatever is out the window you're looking at.

You can't do that in the simulated world of FS.
Your still staring at a flat screen, 2d representation of a simulated 3d world.

Besides, I like nice, crisp, instruments to glance at.
Gives me more time to look out the window. ;)

Dain Arns
August 2nd, 2010, 05:40
It is a SeaKing, so it is a "must have" for me - i grow up only a few hundred meters away from the Base of the MFG5 (NavalAirWing5). Saw this great helicopter a few weeks ago at the "Spotters Day 2010" during the SAR-Meet in Kiel/Germany. Counting the hours now .....!

Dirk

Great news.
I like your repaints. :icon_lol:

Rattler
August 2nd, 2010, 08:36
Now thats what I call Quality, Very Nice Gents!!:salute::salute::salute:

mal998
August 2nd, 2010, 09:45
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png

Blue
August 2nd, 2010, 10:41
This is a must buy for me. I never cared for glazed. I like jelly filled donuts. I assume that is what we are talking when you guys are talking about glazing right? :salute:

Navy Chief
August 2nd, 2010, 11:54
And once this is released, it would great to see a repaint done on it in US Navy Sea King colors, with the side numbers for the ones used in "The Final Countdown".

NC

Dain Arns
August 2nd, 2010, 12:09
Hoping for a Marine One paint, as well as a US Coast Guard.

mal998
August 2nd, 2010, 12:27
Have a look-see here...

http://www.virtavia.com/?page_id=164

michael davies
August 2nd, 2010, 13:35
All the orginal repaints y'all did for the old FS9 Seaking will still fit, just convert to *.dds and it should all still map ok, that was one of the over riding critierial with the rework, ie old textures must still fit.

Glazing, I honestly cant say, having flown it for months now it not something I noticed, I tend not to like the reflective type but do like a hint of something and as I haven't noticed either annoying me can only conclude there is a small hint of glazing there, but will need to check once I get home after night shift.

Gauges, I think they're 2D, but may have 3D bezels and modeling but a 2D placard and needles etc, cant say its ever bothered me, will need to check tomorrow or another tester may jump in first.

The original Marine One specific model has not been included so I'm afraid your going to have to put up with psuedo repaints of a military hack.

Best

Michael

Dain Arns
August 2nd, 2010, 13:51
All the orginal repaints y'all did for the old FS9 Seaking will still fit, just convert to *.dds and it should all still map ok, that was one of the over riding critierial with the rework, ie old textures must still fit.

Glazing, I honestly cant say, having flown it for months now it not something I noticed, I tend not to like the reflective type but do like a hint of something and as I haven't noticed either annoying me can only conclude there is a small hint of glazing there, but will need to check once I get home after night shift.

Gauges, I think they're 2D, but may have 3D bezels and modeling but a 2D placard and needles etc, cant say its ever bothered me, will need to check tomorrow or another tester may jump in first.

The original Marine One specific model has not been included so I'm afraid your going to have to put up with psuedo repaints of a military hack.

Best

Michael

That's good news to hear about being able to re-use the old repaints.
I didn't know about the Marine One model, having never owned the FS9 version, so it wasn't a concern anyway.
Since helicopters are a very niche product in an already niche hobby, you learn to make do with what you get. ;)
A simple repaint will suffice here.

Thank you Sir!

mal998
August 3rd, 2010, 05:24
Tuesday 8/3/10...The Seaking package has been released.

http://www.virtavia.com/?page_id=284

Quixoticish
August 3rd, 2010, 05:37
Is the repaint kit included with it?

michael davies
August 3rd, 2010, 05:44
The original repaint kit will/should still fit.

Kindest

Michael

Is the repaint kit included with it?

bruce448
August 3rd, 2010, 06:05
Glad to hear all my paints will still work, just need to save up and get this version so that I can convert the textures over.

Bruce

Quixoticish
August 3rd, 2010, 06:06
The original repaint kit will/should still fit.

Kindest

Michael

Is this available from anywhere other than with the original download?

michael davies
August 3rd, 2010, 06:10
Bruce, ahh :), need to speak to you about your repaints, will PM shortly.

Kindest

Michael

Glad to hear all my paints will still work, just need to save up and get this version so that I can convert the textures over.

Bruce

Bone
August 3rd, 2010, 06:11
in the real world, you naturally focus your eyes through that reflection on glass anyway, and onto the surface of the instrument or whatever is out the window you're looking at.

;)

I'll second that. Alot of models have overdone the glazing to the point where it's a distraction and not realistic. If you do a RW 360 degree turn, the reflection on the instruments, windshields or canopy will be constantly changing with the angle of the light, whereas in FS you basicly see the same reflection throughout the turn. Some glazing is needed just to make it feel right, but "less is more".

bruce448
August 3rd, 2010, 06:12
Bruce, ahh :), need to speak to you about your repaints, will PM shortly.

Kindest

Michael

Standing by to stand by.

Bruce

Fireball6
August 3rd, 2010, 06:17
Got it - very fine Package - but i miss the RBAF-Texture-folder, it is not included. Installed it twice to be sure that it is not my fault - still the same, model-folder is there, texture not.

Dirk

michael davies
August 3rd, 2010, 06:19
I've got the originals here, they should cover 95% of the external model, maybe 100%, not sure as both Westland and Sikorsky have now been merged and each package used slightly different swatch textures in some cases, certainly all the major exterior should still work, I'll pick out a generic Westlnad and Sikorsky and try to host/post them somewhere, there in PSP format so you'll need to convert to adobe if you use that, I think adobe can natively see layered PSP but not vice versa.

Might take a few hours so please don't hold your breath to hard, I'd hate to see you rushed to hospital a funny shade of blue ! LOL.

Kindest

Michael

Addendum, new and updated master textures will be out in a few weeks from Virtavia.

Is this available from anywhere other than with the original download?

Quixoticish
August 3rd, 2010, 07:15
I've got the originals here, they should cover 95% of the external model, maybe 100%, not sure as both Westland and Sikorsky have now been merged and each package used slightly different swatch textures in some cases, certainly all the major exterior should still work, I'll pick out a generic Westlnad and Sikorsky and try to host/post them somewhere, there in PSP format so you'll need to convert to adobe if you use that, I think adobe can natively see layered PSP but not vice versa.

Might take a few hours so please don't hold your breath to hard, I'd hate to see you rushed to hospital a funny shade of blue ! LOL.

Kindest

Michael

Addendum, new and updated master textures will be out in a few weeks from Virtavia.

Thanks for the addendum Michael, I'll keep my eye on the Virtavia site.

Dain Arns
August 3rd, 2010, 07:50
Oh dear!
Looks like the Virtavia server is overloaded at the moment! :icon_lol:

Fireball6
August 3rd, 2010, 08:10
During my first flights i notice that the light-switches did not work, the sidewindows only opens in vc and the texture.rbaf_mk48 - folder is missing. I have send an email to Virtavia to let them know what i find out - hope they will answer and fix the bugs.

Dain Arns
August 3rd, 2010, 08:28
Looks like the file has been pulled? "404 Page Not Found" :confused:

gajit
August 3rd, 2010, 09:36
Let me know when its safe to purchase?

conork
August 3rd, 2010, 09:47
Let me know when its safe to purchase?

yeah same here ...please let me know when its safe to buy . i plan on buying it tomorrow :)

Fireball6
August 3rd, 2010, 11:06
A few minutes ago I was able to download the Seaking-Package from Virtavia without problems.
I did a reinstall and now the missing texture-folder is there ! Hope they`ll fix the other "bugs" as quick as they had fixed that "texture-thing".

In my humble opinion the package is well done - when the bugs are fixed, I am very happy with it.
The bump-mapping is really nice - it give this old "Lady" an authentic look. Also the "weatherd" textures.

gajit
August 3rd, 2010, 11:46
Me like if you like :salute:

alpine
August 3rd, 2010, 11:58
Hi, Fireball,

There are no bugs, if you read the description on the Virtavia side :"nice VC details...mousable radio", there´s not much more ment to click on!
It´s an traditional Alpha product in the best sense: beautifull to look at, easy to fly, no systems simulation and because of that, great perfomance.
Two things: the "old boat" isn´t able to swim ( because of the non retracting tailwheel?)
We need definitly some highviss us navy skins, there´s only one in the pacage.

Cheers, Thilo

Fireball6
August 3rd, 2010, 12:41
Hi alpine - in my opinion that are bugs - if i can open the window in vc and see that it slides backwards than this should be visible in the outside-view also.
Switchable lights are a must! I own a lot of addons (also the FS9 Seakings) - all have clickable Light-Switches. For me it is a bug if i have to use the L-Key and all Lights going on and off.

As mentioned above - all in all I like the Package !

Here a few shots .... as pictures says more than words.....

centuryseries
August 3rd, 2010, 12:46
Hi alpine - in my opinion that are bugs - if i can open the window in vc and see that it slides backwards than this should be visible in the outside-view also.
Switchable lights are a must! I own a lot of addons (also the FS9 Seakings) - all have clickable Light-Switches. For me it is a bug if i have to use the L-Key and all Lights going on and off.

As mentioned above - all in all I like the Package !

Here a few shots .... as pictures says more than words.....

Awesome screenshots!

You know you could always learn the specific light keyboard shortcuts - I keep telling myself to, but I never learn them either :jump:

michael davies
August 3rd, 2010, 14:21
Ok, how do we say this ?, delicately ?, the lights are a problem, there appears to be a bug with the overhead panel, quite a large squiggly and nasty one in the core mesh one to be honest, I'm reloading Gmax and trying to get to grips with it as we speak, but it is a bug. The side windows is a mistake, the exterior ones were never ment to open and are not modeled, the VC is incorrect and a fix should be forth coming to stop them opening.

Please be patient whilst I, a: sober up LOl, b: reload Gmax, c: relearn Gmax from four years ago, I've already been up 34 hrs after night shift so things are not quite as clear as one expects :).

As per the BBC, normal service will resume shortly :).

Kindest

Michael

gajit
August 3rd, 2010, 14:34
Got to admit that i love it - i think its the great work on the paints as much as anything - who did them?

michael davies
August 3rd, 2010, 14:37
Got to admit that i love it - i think its the great work on the paints as much as anything - who did them?

A couple of people, some were my originals revamped but I think the extras were Pierre ?, sorry can't be more specific but will find out in due course.

Kindest

Michael

gajit
August 3rd, 2010, 14:39
Congrats to all of you anyway :salute:

Fireball6
August 3rd, 2010, 14:46
Thank you very much for your reply Michael - that is a clear and straight statement Sir :salute:
Looking forward to the updated files - in the meantime I enjoy her as she is .......

Added one of my favorite paints from Jens Ole - RNoAF ....... look so great :jump:

Dirk

Dain Arns
August 3rd, 2010, 14:48
I guess I'll wait until the revision comes out then.
I was kinda borderline on getting this now after looking at the bank account.
Buying food instead and waiting a week is probably a better course to take at this time. :icon_lol:

mal998
August 3rd, 2010, 14:49
Hi Michael,
IMHO, I recommend you re-consider the VC window change. I personally would prefer to leave the window as-is and maintain the ability to open them (both pilot and copilot windows open), if only from the inside. That ability really is a plus when you are flying over nice scenery and want an unobstructed view out the window.

my 1cent worth http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon12.gif

Best Regards,
mal

mal998
August 3rd, 2010, 14:52

Remi did the skins, and I agree wth you, he did a 1st class job! http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon14.gif

gajit
August 3rd, 2010, 14:57
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/ares.jpg

michael davies
August 3rd, 2010, 15:01
Remi did the skins, and I agree wth you, he did a 1st class job! http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Remi didnt do all the skins, only some, I did the rest, so if theres any FUBARS blame me not Remi.

Best

Michael

michael davies
August 3rd, 2010, 15:05
Hi Michael,
IMHO, I recommend you re-consider the VC window change. I personally would prefer to leave the window as-is and maintain the ability to open them (both pilot and copilot windows open), if only from the inside. That ability really is a plus when you are flying over nice scenery and want an unobstructed view out the window.

my 1cent worth http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon12.gif

Best Regards,
mal

If they open internally then they should open externally, the external model is not set up for cabin windows to open, its a big task to rebuild the exteriors to match the interiors, far simpler to make the interior match the exterior. However for those that are not worried about the internal viz external issue, simply dont collect the patch.

Best

Michael

mal998
August 3rd, 2010, 15:11
I stand corrected Remi did "some" of the skins.

michael davies
August 3rd, 2010, 15:17
[Pedant mode] I'd hate to see Remi get the blame for some of my half assed textures LOL. [/Pedant mode]

Kindest

Michael

I stand corrected Remi did "some" of the skins.

mal998
August 3rd, 2010, 15:19
no half-assed texrtures there!

Seaking055
August 3rd, 2010, 16:46
Michael.........will the FS9 paints work on this FSX version as I did the entire call numbers for 824 sqdn in FS9.........I have not yet got this puppy......soon I hope.........can anyone who already has it confirm there is one paint "without" the intake cover hence the look of a Mk1 from the 70's which can be painted for RN.
Thanks

PRB
August 3rd, 2010, 18:25
Always liked Sea Kings. I'll have to get this one, as it really looks good, as soon as it's dis-buggerized!

dennison
August 3rd, 2010, 21:28
Just to confirm , no VC clickable start up then ??

Thanks

gajit
August 3rd, 2010, 21:54
Press key "I" whilst flying !

Chris Sykes
August 4th, 2010, 00:21
Michael, is there a RAF Model with the Sand Boxes instead of the Proctective plate?

calypsos
August 4th, 2010, 01:11
Without wishing to be unkind to Michael (who is one of the 'true gents' in the FS design business) it seems to me that a change of name (or whatever) has not improved the same old AlphaSim gripe of old.
Not enough beta testing, to highlight the nagging little faults a developer seldom sees, as they so wrapped up in a lot of 'stuff' that entails a project being completed.

Just goes to show, a project can be 'tainted' but for a small 'lick of paint'. I will wait a while before buying this aircraft, despite having a soft spot for the type.

mal998
August 4th, 2010, 04:23
Having recently witnessed several new releases, there is not one that hasn't had their share of "nagging little faults".

An inoperable switch does not "taint" this product or Virtavia anymore than any other developer or product who has been shown to have a deficiency.

This is a really neat package: great looks, very flyable, good frame rates, variety of models and paints, lots of bang for the buck...well worth the cost.

I highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of this helo, you won't be disappointed.

skyhawka4m
August 4th, 2010, 04:23
I may end up getting this one if some nice USN paints come out for it. Like my old unit....with green and yellow stripes and huge unti badge on the intake shield.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/1/8/7/0535781.jpg

michael davies
August 4th, 2010, 04:28
Gents,

A fix has been found, I have to confess thats the worst bug I've ever come across in 10+ years and in all fairness to Virtavia right out of the blue.

There was a lot of testing done and all the switches did work, passed and moved on, later down the line this bug appeared totally un-beknown to any one. Having passed the VC as fit there seemed no need to recheck ?, a simple oversight I suppose.

The Virtual cockpit windows was an oversight and a mix up as to what was required and what was modeled, for the first time something extra :). There are two choices, rebuild 20 external models or close the VC cabin side windows, for the purests simple edit the cfg and remove exit entries 3 and 4 and change the number of exits from 4 to 2, for those that can live with the VC/external disparity and want the side windows to open in the VC 'only' then leave alone.

Best

Michael

skyhawka4m
August 4th, 2010, 04:36
or....

michael davies
August 4th, 2010, 04:36
Michael.........will the FS9 paints work on this FSX version as I did the entire call numbers for 824 sqdn in FS9.........I have not yet got this puppy......soon I hope.........can anyone who already has it confirm there is one paint "without" the intake cover hence the look of a Mk1 from the 70's which can be painted for RN.
Thanks

All your old paints should line up perfectly, other than specular and bump maps the external textures are as far as I can ascertain exactly the same, in fact some of the original free ones done by Remi (German one for example) have been added to the package with little or no adjustments.

There is a HAS Mk1, see attached, will that suit your needs ?.

Best

Michael

michael davies
August 4th, 2010, 04:45
or....

There is a specific SH-3D and 3H model so you should be able to paint most of the Seakings from the 60-70's, ie when they were painted the correct colors ! :). Currently the 3H is in low viz but if you paste across the 3D textures you'll only have the sponsons to worry about.

Best

Michael

michael davies
August 4th, 2010, 04:51
Just to confirm , no VC clickable start up then ??

Thanks

Not as such, the FDE follows the default Bell 206, ie it is not one of the new Merlin style FDEs, I did this because it allows more users to play with the Seaking, the Merlin style FDE is only for those with Acceleration I'm afraid. Additionally, theres the time to develope one, we already had the Bell format in the bag. There are some clickable switches like anti ice, lights, battery, generator etc but not a full suite of clickable switches I'm afraid, not that I can see.

Sorry if thats not what your looking for.

Best

Michael

michael davies
August 4th, 2010, 04:55
Michael, is there a RAF Model with the Sand Boxes instead of the Proctective plate?

Chris, I assume your talking about the HAR Mk3 ?, if so then I'm afraid not, the only sand box filter fittted ones are the RN HAR Mk5 and Marine Junglie. Running an extra RAF model with just a sand box would be prohibative I'm afraid, there are just some things that are out of my control/remit.

Sorry.

Michael

conork
August 4th, 2010, 06:07
Chris, I assume your talking about the HAR Mk3 ?, if so then I'm afraid not, the only sand box filter fittted ones are the RN HAR Mk5 and Marine Junglie. Running an extra RAF model with just a sand box would be prohibative I'm afraid, there are just some things that are out of my control/remit.

Sorry.

Michael
Hi Michael , great pack ...just bought it today ...im a huge fan of the sea king and S-61 helicopters :)
Is it possible that a sand box could be added to the HAR 3 in an update ??, i know its a small detail but as far as i know all current RAF SAR sea kings have them and im sure people would like the added varient :) ..thanks for the pack ...looking for this for a long time ..all we need now is to stretch the fuselage a bit and add some more windows for a S-61N :P....that would be very cool .....think about it ....who else agree's :D

Snave
August 4th, 2010, 09:55
Gents,

A fix has been found, I have to confess thats the worst bug I've ever come across in 10+ years and in all fairness to Virtavia right out of the blue.

There was a lot of testing done and all the switches did work, passed and moved on, later down the line this bug appeared totally un-beknown to any one. Having passed the VC as fit there seemed no need to recheck ?, a simple oversight I suppose.

The Virtual cockpit windows was an oversight and a mix up as to what was required and what was modeled, for the first time something extra :). There are two choices, rebuild 20 external models or close the VC cabin side windows, for the purests simple edit the cfg and remove exit entries 3 and 4 and change the number of exits from 4 to 2, for those that can live with the VC/external disparity and want the side windows to open in the VC 'only' then leave alone.

Best

Michael

It's a commercial product.

Rebuild 20 external models.

gajit
August 4th, 2010, 10:15
Im loving the product even with the bugs - happy if you leave the windows to only work in VC if it is unrealistic to remodel. :salute:

michael davies
August 4th, 2010, 10:59
It's a commercial product.

Rebuild 20 external models.

Nope, we're just going to make the interior match the exterior, then there will be no complaints about either not matching the other.

Simple is as simple does.

jimcooper1
August 4th, 2010, 11:13
....the "old boat" isn´t able to swim ( because of the non retracting tailwheel?)
This one can swim!!

Lenny
August 4th, 2010, 11:45
Is it me?... or do I have the impression that's it not possible to set the radio/nav freq's on the radiopanel in the VC?.

All power switches on the Comm/Nav panels are set to ON, and I have the freq's visual on the panel windows. The knobs turn clock and counterwise when using the mouse on the them, but there is no visual change to the freq's?. They respond to Freq. changes made true the FSX ATC window.

jimcooper1
August 4th, 2010, 11:49
Is it me?... or do I have the impression that's it not possible to set the radio/nav freq's on the radiopanel in the VC?.

All power switches on the Comm/Nav panels are set to ON, and I have the freq's visual on the panel windows. The knobs turn clock and counterwise when using the mouse on the them, but there is no visual change to the freq's?. They respond to Freq. changes made true the FSX ATC window.

Switch them to Standby Freq to change, then switch back to Active. When you're ready to use the new frequency use Swap.

Lenny
August 4th, 2010, 11:53
Switch them to Standby Freq to change, then switch back to Active. When you're ready to use the new frequency use Swap.

Then I have to use the 2D Comm-panel to see the change of the frequency in the VC afterwards?

jimcooper1
August 4th, 2010, 11:57
No, you can do all of that from the VC
http://www.gaugecode.com/jim/Comm1.jpg

Lenny
August 4th, 2010, 12:01

GOT IT! Thx!

grtz,

Lenny

Chris Sykes
August 4th, 2010, 12:41
Hi Michael , great pack ...just bought it today ...im a huge fan of the sea king and S-61 helicopters :)
Is it possible that a sand box could be added to the HAR 3 in an update ??, i know its a small detail but as far as i know all current RAF SAR sea kings have them and im sure people would like the added varient :) ..thanks for the pack ...looking for this for a long time ..all we need now is to stretch the fuselage a bit and add some more windows for a S-61N :P....that would be very cool .....think about it ....who else agree's :D

Thanks for the confirmation that there isnt one... Kinda sux that it doesnt have the latest models for the RAF use, if it was included id sway my mind to buying it instead im not...

Fireball6
August 4th, 2010, 12:50
I like this Seaking ! - I did not know how often i had seen this Helo flying over my Grandparent`s home. Thanks for adding this beautyfull paint-variant to the package.

"Support your local Rescue-Team, get lost"

alpine
August 4th, 2010, 13:02
Hi, jimcooper,
you´re right! The boat swims, I got it in the water too..:jump:

Cheers, Thilo

conork
August 4th, 2010, 13:43
ive been flying the sea king alot today :D ive just done a mission (keys kayakers) in it and found a problem :L when using the winch the first thing you do is extend the arm (i know you dont have to extend it on the sea king ) but you still have to press ctrl+U , when you press this it opens the crew door ( yes in flight :L ) and then you can start winching ......but ya gotta leave the wrong door open .....thats not right :L ....thats the problem ive found :) other then that....great heli

IanP
August 4th, 2010, 13:53
I seem to remember from the last time I added a winch manually to a helicopter that you can assign the door which opens using the code in aircraft.cfg?

I can't get to my FS installation right now to check, but I think that may possibly be a simple fix of changing door=1 to door=2 or whatever.

Ian P.

michael davies
August 4th, 2010, 14:03
Jim is correct, change radios in standby mode, there is actually a little bug in the button animations, whilst using the mouse does change the numbers the button animation isn't right, esp the Mhz buttons, turns out the root cause goes right back to MS and the original SDK modeldef code, the animation is 0-360, the modeldef code is 0-360 but an animation multiplier is 10, not 36, only taken me 6 hours to work that out, all for two tiny buttons !, Thanks ACEs for that little learning exercise :). The same code is used in the P-51 nav and coms and I suspect the Mhz buttons don't work right there either :(.

Theres also a change to the ADF buttons for better animated and control of the decimal number.

Further, all Seakings are fully amphibious, as is the model.

Kindest

Michael

http://www.gaugecode.com/jim/Comm1.jpg

michael davies
August 4th, 2010, 14:09
Sorry, some things are totally out of my hands, whilst the model was originally mine, its been reworked by others with my input, I don't have the source files any more, except the VC which I'm bug ridding.

However I will try one more time, but only on this issue, please, no more requests, there has to be a line drawn some where.

Fingers crossed.

Best

Michael

Thanks for the confirmation that there isnt one... Kinda sux that it doesnt have the latest models for the RAF use, if it was included id sway my mind to buying it instead im not...

ftl818
August 5th, 2010, 03:03
Guys, maybe you did not notice....

Whatever the flaws and faults in the Seaking, the quick interaction between producer and us, the consumers, is one of the finest!

An example to FCS, JustFlight and the rest....

Tnx!!!!!!!

Paul :applause:

conork
August 5th, 2010, 03:14

Whatever the flaws and faults in the Seaking, the quick interaction between producer and us, the consumers, it one of the finest!

Tnx!!!!!!!

well said :) i would also like to say thanks for that :)

michael davies
August 5th, 2010, 03:24
I'm not the producer LOL, just a back room geek :), ordinarily I try to stay out of forums with offical comment and work for fear as being taken as an 'offical' spokesman, but being as the original Seaking was my love/hate affair for over three years previously I couldn't see the revised rendition go with out some help and support.

Kindest

Michael

Whatever the flaws and faults in the Seaking, the quick interaction between producer and us, the consumers, it one of the finest!

Tnx!!!!!!!

Fireball6
August 5th, 2010, 04:38
Michael, I think that we as customers and also Virtavia/Alphasim are very happy that you support us/them.
In my opinion we have great luck that you are involved !!!! I send a support-mail to virtavia about the "bugs" that i notice without any response till now.

To say it again - it is a good package !

Thank you very much for all your efforts and the additional model - looking forward to the updated files - i am sure they make this product even better !

Dirk

michael davies
August 5th, 2010, 05:03
To be fair to Virtavia they have been pulling long hours as well to sort these issues, over 100 mails in the last day and a half LOL.

To be honest the bugs were not too bad, mainly gauges and switches, what takes the time is the compile and testing each step of the way and then compiling the other 20 models and checking them, if it were just one model then it would have been done in about 12 hours or so, whats taken all the time is the sheer number of mdls that have to be checked, rechecked and recompiled. Unlike the previous version that had one generic VC for the whole lot, this has some changes to each type, whilst a lot is the same the big obvious parts need to be in each type of VC, for exmple the radome on the AEW2, the enlarged sponsons on the SH-3H, the reduced number of windows and sonar tube on the C-124, the stub wings and wheels on the HC-4, little things that when looking out the window or doors become really obvious.

Kindest

Michael

Michael, I think that we as customers and also Virtavia/Alphasim are very happy that you support us/them.
In my opinion we have great luck that you are involved !!!! I send a support-mail to virtavia about the "bugs" that i notice without any response till now.

To say it again - it is a good package !

Thank you very much for all your efforts and the additional model - looking forward to the updated files - i am sure they make this product even better !

Dirk

calypsos
August 5th, 2010, 14:33
ive been flying the sea king alot today :D ive just done a mission (keys kayakers) in it and found a problem :L when using the winch the first thing you do is extend the arm (i know you dont have to extend it on the sea king ) but you still have to press ctrl+U , when you press this it opens the crew door ( yes in flight :L ) and then you can start winching ......but ya gotta leave the wrong door open .....thats not right :L ....thats the problem ive found :) other then that....great heli

Despite about half of all my sim flying being rotary wing, I think that the whole idea of using winches in the 'mission' modules is a totally flawed concept.
As somebody who used to be qualified to be a winch operator (both wet and dry) in real life, the sim version does not make a lot of sense. It is like asking a racing driver to change his own tyres, without stopping in the pits.

You cannot fly a sim helicopter and concentrate on a fixed external object, let alone hit a keyboard at the same time. I do not know if it can be set on two PC's, where one guy can fly and the other winches? If not, it should have been.

I will wait until Michael (on A.N. Other) has sorted all these bugs out before buying the Sea King, but winching, no way, even with the right (rear) door open!

Dain Arns
August 5th, 2010, 14:57
Despite about half of all my sim flying being rotary wing, I think that the whole idea of using winches in the 'mission' modules is a totally flawed concept.
As somebody who used to be qualified to be a winch operator (both wet and dry) in real life, the sim version does not make a lot of sense. It is like asking a racing driver to change his own tyres, without stopping in the pits.

You cannot fly a sim helicopter and concentrate on a fixed external object, let alone hit a keyboard at the same time. I do not know if it can be set on two PC's, where one guy can fly and the other winches? If not, it should have been.

I will wait until Michael (on A.N. Other) has sorted all these bugs out before buying the Sea King, but winching, no way, even with the right (rear) door open!

It can be done...(sorta. Really need a handler option)

Sling Loads/Hoist Operations in Multiplayer Using the Shared Aircraft Option

http://www.fsnorthwest.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51:sling-loads&catid=34:fsnorthwest&Itemid=44

Hughes-MDflyer4
August 5th, 2010, 15:14
Since I have not said anything in this thread yet, I will give my two cents. The model looks awesome, exterior and interior. It includes lots of variants. But If I am going to buy an add-on helicopter, I want a fully clickable VC. Not a bunch of bumps all over the cockpit that do nothing. :d You can include 100 paintjobs, but for me, I want realism. And from what I hear, there are just a few buttons to click. So, unfortunately, I will not be getting the sea king. (I'm making an FSX native S-61 anyways...;))

Brandon

navychief8
August 5th, 2010, 15:15
When i bring up the Helo in the game all i get in the interior \. the skin is missing and it causes the game to constantly pause

michael davies
August 5th, 2010, 15:43
Brandon,

Good luck (sincerely) including all your buttons LOL, you might find it harder than you imagine trying to find buttons that actually do something in the VC on helos, unless you write a whole bunch of your own XML codes and add them to the modeldef.xml yourself.

The best FDE shell for your project will be the Merlin based one, that'll give you the most buttons and options, but the base file is really poor and unstable out of the box, you can use htr ?, to trim it out but personally I think its better to get the base file sorted first.

But, good luck with your project, it'll be a learning curve for sure :).

On the Seaking click-able items include the three nav radios and ident unit, lights, fuel panel (cross feed doesn't seem to work, probably another modeldef.xml code error so left off as are fire pulls), fuel dump and fuel test, engine fire test, electrical on, battery and generator, pitot heat and engine anti ice, ignition and fuel control, additionally the gauges have click-able options, most of which I confess I don't know how to use as I usually fly seat of the pants and direction is where ever I want to go :), but the compass is controllable as are other nav aids, HSI has course and heading as well as DME, NAV1-2 and ADF buttons. The problem with the Bell 206 FDE shell is that it will only accept one engine and that power cannot be changed or altered, lift and climb is all done on the main rotor, the Merlin goes beyond that and allows correct engine power adjustments. Being as the Bell 206 is singular engine it locks out second and third engines, even if you add switches and code for engine 2 they will never work, so anything engine 2 specific like generator, fuel cut off and fuel pump will not do anything, the switches move but nowt happens in sim. Same goes for APU, not supported in the Bell 206 shell.

As I've said elsewhere, the choice of Bell 206 shell was perhaps a mistake, however the Merlin FDE will only work on Acceleration installations, for payware thats cutting a lot of people off, Nemeth and Milviz got caught on that recently with the skycrane.

Given the choice of Bell 206 FDE shell the available choice of systems has been fully implemented, those missing wont work or animate due to the shell locking them out.

Personally I think it could do with more fuel panel functions, cross feed and independent flow and pump controls (possible with the Merlin FDE), working APU and controls (again Merlin dependant) and perhaps some hydraulic systems and a better electrical system with bus connect and breaker control.

So its not a completely useless VC for click-ability, but not as complex as you'd find in a fixed wing aircraft or a fully expanded Merlin based FDE.

I don't think you'll ever get a 'fully' click-able helo VC, because the sim fundamentally doesn't support much of it due to the FDE shells locking out things, you can smoke and mirror a lot with bespoke XML and gauge technology but just using the raw shell your hands are tied before you begin, but you'll find all this out on the S-61N :)

kindest

Michael

Since I have not said anything in this thread yet, I will give my two cents. The model looks awesome, exterior and interior. It includes lots of variants. But If I am going to buy an add-on helicopter, I want a fully clickable VC. Not a bunch of bumps all over the cockpit that do nothing. :d You can include 100 paintjobs, but for me, I want realism. And from what I hear, there are just a few buttons to click. So, unfortunately, I will not be getting the sea king. (I'm making an FSX native S-61 anyways...;))

Brandon

michael davies
August 5th, 2010, 15:49
Sounds like an installation problem, the external model is encrypted, any one flying with the outside skin missing either has a hooky copy (certainly not suggesting that here at all !!) or their copy is not seeing the security key due to an unforseen installation problem. If your running Vista then you need to turn off that thingy you turn off, I don't run Vista so cant remember what its called LOL, and its late here :). But I hear that can effect installations.

Is it all of the models or just one or two ?.

I'd suggest getting hold of Virtavia on their ticket system and getting their help, only they can deal with the security and encryption.

Hope that helps

Michael

When i bring up the Helo in the game all i get in the interior \. the skin is missing and it causes the game to constantly pause

jimcooper1
August 6th, 2010, 00:34
You need to uninstall the aircraft and then re-download the Flight1 installer. Choose where to unpack it and then don't move it. Turn off User Account Controls (UAC) and install.
See the Flight1 thread about the Virtavia Lancer here
http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35436&title=virtavia-b1b-lancer-license-problem
the same things apply.

conork
August 6th, 2010, 11:31
any news on how the update is going ???? thanks

Navy Chief
August 6th, 2010, 13:02
I plan on buying this, but think I will wait for the update to do so........

NC

michael davies
August 7th, 2010, 00:18
I haven't heard anything yet, the weekend would have been an ideal time to make sure the revision was in place, thereby opeing it up to those sitting waiting.

The models are all done and I'm led to believe the delay is for some more documentation to arrive to be included.

Best

Michael

jimcooper1
August 7th, 2010, 00:36
According to their website Version 1.1 is available
http://www.virtavia.com/?p=343

michael davies
August 7th, 2010, 00:38
Well, there you go then LOL.

Thanks Jim.

Best

Michael

Version 1.1 is available

Fireball6
August 7th, 2010, 02:37
That are great news :jump:

vora
August 7th, 2010, 02:47
*WHUZZ* *CLANG*

That was the sound of my credit card flying out of my wallet... :d

ftl818
August 7th, 2010, 02:57
Thanks Michael (and Virtavia),

This machine gets better and better

Paul :salute:

michael davies
August 7th, 2010, 03:19
I hope its everything you expect and get much enjoyment from it.

Sincere regards

Michael

*WHUZZ* *CLANG*

That was the sound of my credit card flying out of my wallet... :d

mal998
August 7th, 2010, 03:35
Sea King v1.1 available now

<!-- /.feat-title -->For existing users of V1.0, V1.1 can be downloaded from the Sea King product page. Once downloaded, turn off UAC (important) then run the Flight 1 .exe as normal, but select ‘Reinstall’. You will be asked to browse to your key. This will be in the Virtavia folder on your root drive. The .msi self-installer will then run, just follow the prompts. New customers should turn off UAC, then just run the .exe, make the purchase, and follow the installer prompts.

V1.1 includes the following changes :
1- FSX-compatible switches such as lights, battery, gens etc are now mousable on the overhead panel.
2- Rear cabin lights can be switched separately using the switch at the rear of the overhead panel.
3- Warning lights on the main panel now work (the few missing lights are authentic).
4- Radio knob rotation animations improved. ADF knobs now animate left/right and fractional frequencies can be dialled in.
5- Audio buttons under HSI are now all animated and work properly.
6- Transponder wheels can now be moused using centre console view.
7- Each variant has the appropriate rear cabin window layout and wheel/sponson type in VC.
8- Sonar tube now present in Sikorsky variant VCs.
9- New variant HAR3a Royal Air Force added (presently shares HAR3 yellow scheme).
10- White-66 (Apollo) SH-3D variant now has separate model from other SH-3D’s due to its special side aerial.
A PDF manual will be available very soon.
A new scheme for the HAR3a variant, as well as a couple of new South American schemes will be available with the release of the paintkit in about a week.

http://www.virtavia.com/

<!-- /.entry -->

michael davies
August 7th, 2010, 03:59
I'll also add.

11. Fuel panel with pump and flow shut off switches added
12. Fuel dump switches fully functional and now close when switched off (continued to dump before)

Best

Michael

Sea King v1.1 available now

<!-- /.feat-title -->For existing users of V1.0, V1.1 can be downloaded from the Sea King product page. Once downloaded, turn off UAC (important) then run the Flight 1 .exe as normal, but select ‘Reinstall’. You will be asked to browse to your key. This will be in the Virtavia folder on your root drive. The .msi self-installer will then run, just follow the prompts. New customers should turn off UAC, then just run the .exe, make the purchase, and follow the installer prompts.

V1.1 includes the following changes :
1- FSX-compatible switches such as lights, battery, gens etc are now mousable on the overhead panel.
2- Rear cabin lights can be switched separately using the switch at the rear of the overhead panel.
3- Warning lights on the main panel now work (the few missing lights are authentic).
4- Radio knob rotation animations improved. ADF knobs now animate left/right and fractional frequencies can be dialled in.
5- Audio buttons under HSI are now all animated and work properly.
6- Transponder wheels can now be moused using centre console view.
7- Each variant has the appropriate rear cabin window layout and wheel/sponson type in VC.
8- Sonar tube now present in Sikorsky variant VCs.
9- New variant HAR3a Royal Air Force added (presently shares HAR3 yellow scheme).
10- White-66 (Apollo) SH-3D variant now has separate model from other SH-3D’s due to its special side aerial.
A PDF manual will be available very soon.
A new scheme for the HAR3a variant, as well as a couple of new South American schemes will be available with the release of the paintkit in about a week.

http://www.virtavia.com/

<!-- /.entry -->

mal998
August 7th, 2010, 04:08
Kudos Michael!

Cag40Navy
August 7th, 2010, 06:02
Thank you Mike!

Dain Arns
August 7th, 2010, 06:07
Sorry Michael, I know you've been through the wringer over this bird the past couple days, but I would like to ask about the hoist.

On the FS9 version I noticed that it was able to be textured the same color as the fuselage.
But looking at the FSX version screenshots, it appears all black, like the model material?
Is the hoist on the FSX version able to be painted?

Sorry, I'd look myself if I had it, but I can't afford it at the moment.

And thank you Sir for all of your support! :salute:

gajit
August 7th, 2010, 06:49
Ok - stupid question as I download the new version - what is the, or a, UAC please?

Can think after 350 mile drive!

Lawman
August 7th, 2010, 06:53
Ok - stupid question as I download the new version - what is the, or a, UAC please?

Can think after 350 mile drive!

Windows' User Account Control.

jimcooper1
August 7th, 2010, 07:03
Windows' User Account Control.
Only applies to Vista and '7'.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/

gajit
August 7th, 2010, 07:05
Ah thanks guys :ernae:

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/eindekkervc-1.jpg

michael davies
August 7th, 2010, 07:46
Dain,

It is painted black, the original was referenced on a multi colored swatch, problem was everything else that was black also looked at that swatch as well, I think the new one is the same I'm afriad, I didn't do anything with the exterior, Virtavia did all the FSx changes so I can't speak with authority as to where they have picked the black from, I will ask for you but fear it will be the same as the FS9 version, ie black and stuck like that I'm afraid.

Best

Michael

Sorry Michael, I know you've been through the wringer over this bird the past couple days, but I would like to ask about the hoist.

On the FS9 version I noticed that it was able to be textured the same color as the fuselage.
But looking at the FSX version screenshots, it appears all black, like the model material?
Is the hoist on the FSX version able to be painted?

Sorry, I'd look myself if I had it, but I can't afford it at the moment.

And thank you Sir for all of your support! :salute:

Dain Arns
August 7th, 2010, 07:52
Dain,

It is painted black, the original was referenced on a multi colored swatch, problem was everything else that was black also looked at that swatch as well, I think the new one is the same I'm afriad, I didn't do anything with the exterior, Virtavia did all the FSx changes so I can't speak with authority as to where they have picked the black from, I will ask for you but fear it will be the same as the FS9 version, ie black and stuck like that I'm afraid.

Best

Michael

I noticed in one of the FS9 versions screenshots that it was displayed as low vis gray, so I don't think all is lost. :icon_lol:
Just getting some ideas for repaints. :naturesm:
Thanks Michael! :d

conork
August 7th, 2010, 08:12
ok ive got a problem ...when i download the update and press ''run'' it says the Exe file has encountered a problem and needs to close :L.....anyone any idea whats wrong ??? :L

thanks

jimcooper1
August 7th, 2010, 08:49
ok ive got a problem ...when i download the update and press ''run'' it says the Exe file has encountered a problem and needs to close :L.....anyone any idea whats wrong ??? :L

thanks
Could be a corrupt download. What size is the "Virtavia Sea King.exe" file?

Mine is reporting:
Size: 131 MB (137,531,141 bytes)
Size on disk: 131 MB (137,531,392 bytes)

conork
August 7th, 2010, 09:10
Could be a corrupt download. What size is the "Virtavia Sea King.exe" file?

Mine is reporting:
Size: 131 MB (137,531,141 bytes)
Size on disk: 131 MB (137,531,392 bytes)

hhmmm mine is 134 MB :L

Quixoticish
August 7th, 2010, 09:20
If you've got a virus scanner be sure to disable it when downloading and installing, a lot of scanners pick up the Flight1 wrapper as something nasty.

conork
August 7th, 2010, 09:45
i have avg ...and ive no idea how to turn it off ...but it does not give you any warnings when you click run :L

jagl04
August 7th, 2010, 10:01
Is there any direct link to buy the helo? I haven´t been able to find the product in flight1

conork
August 7th, 2010, 10:13
http://www.virtavia.com/ :)

jimcooper1
August 7th, 2010, 10:50
Is there any direct link to buy the helo? I haven´t been able to find the product in flight1
http://www.virtavia.com/?page_id=284

Click on the "Buy Now!" in the bottom right pane

Mickey D
August 7th, 2010, 10:58
Hi,

I dont want to slight Virtavias great work, but I have noticed that both this release and that of the B1-B have 2-d gauges, not 3-d ones. Any reasons?
Because the 3D gauge modeller left? Who knows?

conork
August 7th, 2010, 11:01
wow the update still wont work for me ...ive no idea whats wrong ...can anyone else download it ? :L

ramsa329
August 7th, 2010, 11:14
The new download is showing up as an .exe but not as a Flight1 wrapper and will not install.

Any ideas?

conork
August 7th, 2010, 11:16
i must be getting the same problem ....we need help :L

jimcooper1
August 7th, 2010, 11:28
i must be getting the same problem ....we need help :L
I downloaded V1.1 this morning and it worked fine. I've just downloaded it again to check it out and this latest version will not run...looks like Virtavia have uploaded a newer version of the file and it's corrupt????

conork
August 7th, 2010, 11:39
I downloaded V1.1 this morning and it worked fine. I've just downloaded it again to check it out and this latest version will not run...looks like Virtavia have uploaded a newer version of the file and it's corrupt????

thanks for the info jim :) i really hope they fix it soon .....im looking forward to flying the HAR 3A :)

michael davies
August 7th, 2010, 11:56
Guys,

Dont know anything about revised uploads I'm afraid, Virtavia management is probably asleep now, 04:00 over there right now. I'll send an email but you guys in the States might get a reply quicker as its 21:00 here in the UK now.

Anyways, a gent over at Hovercontrol noted that all the Vc side windows are yellow, generally they are, hover some are gray so heres a replacement texture for you.

You can collect your gray VC window texture from here.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mickoo/SeaKing/vc_05.zip

Simply extract the texture vc_05 and place into any corresponding texture folder you wish to have gray VC side windows in, if you require more than one then simply copy this one, any you wish to retain as yellow, just dont add this texture.

FSX will parse the texture folders first, if it see's vc_05 in there it will load it, if not it will proceed to the shared texture folder and collect what ever is in there.

Best

Michael

jimcooper1
August 7th, 2010, 12:45
Just compared the 2 files I've downloaded today
The first is date stamped
07-Aug-2010 10:30 131M
The second (latest) version is date stamped
07-Aug-2010 15:19 135M

This latest version will not run, furthermore in Windows Explorer it isn't displaying as the usual Flight1 'Red Aircraft' icon.

mal998
August 7th, 2010, 16:38
I sent a message to the boss. Hopefully he will have a look-see and get it squared away before too long.

ronvking
August 7th, 2010, 18:35
Hi,

I've downloaded the 1.1 file three times, each 137738 kbs in size and all failed to run.

Rather annoying when I don't have unlimited downloads.

fsafranek
August 7th, 2010, 23:29
Hi,

I've downloaded the 1.1 file three times, each 137738 kbs in size and all failed to run.

Your downloads can be reset. We'll have some answers from Virtavia soon.
:ernae:

gajit
August 7th, 2010, 23:29
I did not have probs with it but Im having hassle just to get the flight 1 wrapper to let me reload the Cessna Mustang. It puts me off flight 1 sold products

Fireball6
August 8th, 2010, 01:40
Gentleman, i pull my hat - thank you very much for the updated Version of the Package - great

work ! It is a very good rendition of this "classic" Helicopter :applause:

I am looking forward to the new PaintKit - hope, we see a lot of additional Paintings :jump:

jagl04
August 8th, 2010, 07:07
Hi,

Just the same

jimcooper1
August 8th, 2010, 09:51
Just compared the 2 files I've downloaded today
The first is date stamped
07-Aug-2010 10:30 131M
The second (latest) version is date stamped
07-Aug-2010 15:19 135M

This latest version will not run, furthermore in Windows Explorer it isn't displaying as the usual Flight1 'Red Aircraft' icon.

There's a newer file now:
08-Aug-2010 12:09 135M

..and this one works!!

ColoKent
August 8th, 2010, 12:55
....and getting the usual problems-- see through fuselage, sim won't leave pause.

I'll keep dorking with it.

(I'm reading posts that keep saying "Just use the wrapper"-- which means nothing to me except memories of past Flight 1 debacles.)

We'll see what happens...I just need to keep at it.

Kent

P.S. I've turned off AV, I''ve disabled UAC. I haven't moved any files....still not working-- and I'm sick of dorking with it for the moment...time for a break.

****UPDATE*** I'm dumb, dumb, dumb....Reinstalling from "The Wrapper" means wiping out all traces of the existing install (EXCEPT the key and license files), going to the ORIGINAL downloaded Flight 1 file (red airplane logo), and selecting the reinstall option (after AV, UAC, etc are off!), then marrying things up with the key, etc. Works like a charm!!!!

gajit
August 8th, 2010, 13:29
I know that feeling :salute:

fsafranek
August 8th, 2010, 13:32
There's a newer file now:
08-Aug-2010 12:09 135M

..and this one works!!
Yep. Ran it this morning, worked like a charm. No uninstall requested either.

jimcooper1
August 8th, 2010, 13:59
....and getting the usual problems-- see through fuselage, sim won't leave pause.
Are you getting the 'see through fuselage' in the Preview Pane when you're selecting the aircraft or is the aircraft only going see through once you've loaded it?

If it's only going see through after it's loaded then your Licence file is not in the correct location.

Check that you've got a file C:\Virtavia\Virtavia02.lic
Do a search for 'Virtavia02.lic'

If it's see through in the Preview Panel then you're missing the virtavia.dll or it's in the wrong place.
Do a search for 'virtavia.dll'

ronvking
August 8th, 2010, 17:09
Your downloads can be reset. We'll have some answers from Virtavia soon.:ernae:

Hi,

It was'nt the number of downloads so much as the fact I have to pay x amount per gig of download, amazing how quickly that can mount up if not careful.

bruce448
August 9th, 2010, 02:34
15001 15002 15003 15004

the old paints still work

Bruce

michael davies
August 9th, 2010, 02:43
You seem suprised ? LOL, we didn't go to all this effort to not be able to use the old paints, there's a lot of them around.

Glad to see the old girls back in action.

Best

Michael

the old paints still work

15001 15002
14997 14998

Bruce

Cag40Navy
August 9th, 2010, 03:20
Thanks again! Glad the old paints work!

gradyhappyg
August 9th, 2010, 08:57
Anyone know of a US Coast Guard paint floating around out there anywhere?
I have been looking in all the usual spots but not finding.
Thanks.

CG_1976
August 9th, 2010, 09:08
Anyone know of a US Coast Guard paint floating around out there anywhere?
I have been looking in all the usual spots but not finding.
Thanks.

Is this the USCG your hunting by chance.

http://www.simviation.com/simviation/?type=item&ID=90&page=9
(http://www.virtualavia.com/alphasim/download.php?view.1)

bruce448
August 9th, 2010, 09:19
try in this pack made by me a while ago for the Sikorsky variants

http://www.simviation.com/simviation/download.php?ID=5049

and the other pack for the Westland built variants

http://www.simviation.com/simviation/download.php?ID=5048 (http://www.simviation.com/simviation/download.php?ID=5048)

Bruce

gajit
August 9th, 2010, 09:27
Tx Bruce - Im downloading now :ernae:

conork
August 9th, 2010, 09:32
hi guys ...how to you make the paints work in fsx ????

btw got my update ...love the HAR 3A :D

conork
August 9th, 2010, 09:33
it would be cool if someone brought out lots of FSX repaints for it in one pack :P

gradyhappyg
August 9th, 2010, 10:06
Yes. Also thanks for the HU on the Coast Guard Paints as well as the others guys.
Downloading them now.

bruce448
August 9th, 2010, 10:48
Extract the folder that I made to the desktop and from the individual texture folders you only need the following files
SH_01.bmp, SH_02.bmp, SH_03.bmp, SH_04.bmp, SH_05.bmp, SH_Swatch.bmp and swatch1.bmp. the rest of the texture files in the folder can be deleted.

Here is a bat file that will convert the textures from BMP to DDS, http://www.mediafire.com/file/2d9r7gudux7v867/bmp2dds.zip, place the 2 files into each folder, run the bat file a couple of seconds later you should have 7 dds files, you can then delete the bmp files and the 2 converter files. this folder then can be moved over to the Virtavia seaking folder.

you will also need to copy over from one of the new texture folders the texture.cfg and make a thumbnail, add an entry to the aircraft.cfg.

Hope this helps.

Bruce

bruce448
August 9th, 2010, 10:59
it would be cool if someone brought out lots of FSX repaints for it in one pack :P

the 2 links I posted a couple of posts up is for something in the region of 38 textures, the only ones that won't work are the Italian VIPs, the Westland HC6 and tha Westland ASac7, 4 out of 38 not bad for free, and so soon after release, just needs a little work on your side, I did the hard part. see post above.:jump:

here's another mod for you http://www.mediafire.com/file/02ec2qhin9outh2/Crew.dds just place this file Crew.dds in the texture.shared folder to change the pilots helmets from white to Green (remembering to back up your original).

Bruce

conork
August 9th, 2010, 12:15
wow thanks for your help :) im gonna get to work :) thanks again =D

gradyhappyg
August 9th, 2010, 12:31
Thanks again thats just what I was looking for.:salute::salute::salute:
Plus some extras.

CG_1976
August 9th, 2010, 13:28
Thanks again thats just what I was looking for.:salute::salute::salute:
Plus some extras.

Which model variant are you using please?

bruce448
August 9th, 2010, 13:34

My original was textured on the USN_SH-3D.

Bruce

gradyhappyg
August 9th, 2010, 14:30

I switched it over to the USN_SH-3A to remove the intake shield.
It was showing black.

CG_1976
August 9th, 2010, 14:38
I switched it over to the USN_SH-3A to remove the intake shield.
It was showing black.

Thank you:salute: now for flight around Astoria CGAS.

Fireball6
August 10th, 2010, 07:57
Can not stop flying this helicopter - the shots below show one of bruce448`s FS9-Repaints, which fit the new Model very well. Bruce did a great paintjob !!!! (I make some little changes for my personal use - in case you see the diffrence :mixedsmi:)

Greetings :wavey: Dirk

gajit
August 10th, 2010, 08:05
yes - its a great product in FSX :salute:

JensOle
August 10th, 2010, 08:44
Thank you very much for your reply Michael - that is a clear and straight statement Sir :salute:
Looking forward to the updated files - in the meantime I enjoy her as she is .......

Added one of my favorite paints from Jens Ole - RNoAF ....... look so great :jump:

Dirk

Great to see that my old RNoAF repaints for the Alphasim Sea King can be used! It will probably not take long before I get the new package myself too :)

Quixoticish
August 21st, 2010, 08:01

Kindest

Michael

Any news on the updated master textures?

michael davies
August 21st, 2010, 15:47
Any news on the updated master textures?

Since the demise of Alphasim I have no idea whats going on to be honest, I suspect wrapping up that company and moving forward with the new one has taken precedence over Seaking master textures for the moment.

Best

Michael

sparouty
August 22nd, 2010, 06:23
Hi!
Back from vacations I discovered and bought this great FSX Seaking (the FS9 Alphasim one has been always one of my favourite addon!!): Many thanks for Michael and all the Virtavia team!!

I appreciate also to be able to use the previous repaints.
Here is a screenshot of what certainly happened: a Seaking landing on the Clemenceau during some jointed NavalEx with the Nimitz. May be it is the "Final Count down" livery?
Regards,
S.

PS: I love this texture done by "FBP", but I can't find any information or other package from this guy... Does someone knows who is this artist?

Crusader
August 22nd, 2010, 14:49
Thanks Michael and group for the excellent job you have done on the Sea King . I have a special fondness for this bird . I got to ride in one Feb 1995 . It was my last two week tour before retiring from the Air Force Reserves . We sent our F-16's from Wright Patterson AFB to NAS Roosevelt Roads , Pr . While there as sort of a retirement bonus the Navy got wind of my retirement and allowed me to ride on a SH-3 they were taking to several spots all over the Carribean on what they called a familiarization flight for a rookie pilot . How's that for a bonus ride ? The Chief pilot ( I believe a LtCDR) later stated the rookie actually did quite well . We did several TNG's(So to speak) all over but he said we were not allowed to buse any cruise ships at low altitude LOL . They even strapped me in and allowed me to hang out the side . The flight lasted all day and it was diffinately a thrill of a life time I'll never forget . Attached is a poor quality picture with the SH-3 in the far background .

Thanks again ,

Rich

Crusader
August 22nd, 2010, 15:03
I just recently starting playing around with texture converstion(bgl to dds). I downloaded a large FS9 texture pack by Bruce Martin so are these my intial steps ?

1. Place Image tool and batch file into texture folder I want to convert

2. Place the texure.cfg file( from shared texture folder in Sea King) into the newly converted folder

3. Put an entry into the aircraft.cfg showing new(repaint) texture folder

I also was wondering if there were Marine One textures other than in the FS9 version of the Sea King as I don't have the FS9 version ?

Rich

spatialpro
August 24th, 2010, 11:45
Is there any progress on the upload of the new paintkit mentioned on August 7th??

cheers

Andy

Dain Arns
August 28th, 2010, 09:03
Is there any progress on the upload of the new paintkit mentioned on August 7th??

cheers

Andy

:bump::bump:
Bumpity Bump Bump!
I can actually scrape together enough to finally get this.
Any word at all on the Paintkit?

EDIT: Guess no hurry. I downloaded one of Bruce's repaint packs and noticed he had included the .psd files in the NASA variant. :icon_lol:

Dain Arns
August 29th, 2010, 11:08
Okay whats the fix for this?
I read the previous posts, but I'm not sure what to do.
I understand I need the license file and the virtavia.dll.
I have both, I've reinstalled using the Flight1 wrapper and still get this result.
I do have a non-standard install, (separate drive for FSX, not C:\ ).
Where do these files need to be?
The .dll is in the main FSX folder.

Fireball6
August 29th, 2010, 11:32
Hey Dain Arns - did you try to uninstall the Seaking by using the System Control ? Maybe it will help if you first de-install it with the System Control and then do a complete reinstall by using the Flight1-Wrapper.

Dain Arns
August 29th, 2010, 11:46
Hey Dain Arns - did you try to uninstall the Seaking by using the System Control ? Maybe it will help if you first de-install it with the System Control and then do a complete reinstall by using the Flight1-Wrapper.

Yep. :frown:

rdyoung
August 29th, 2010, 12:10

The .DLL file is in my main FSX folder, in D:\Games\FSX. I see .lic files in C:\Virtavia and C:\Windows.

Rick

Dain Arns
August 29th, 2010, 12:13
The .DLL file is in my main FSX folder, in D:\Games\FSX. I see .lic files in C:\Virtavia and C:\Windows.

Rick

Same here.
I'm confused.

I know it's only preview mode this is happening but it's annoying.
Hard to see what you are pickin'... :icon_lol:

jimcooper1
August 29th, 2010, 23:13
I read the previous posts, but I'm not sure what to do.
I understand I need the license file and the virtavia.dll.
I have both, I've reinstalled using the Flight1 wrapper and still get this result.
I do have a non-standard install, (separate drive for FSX, not C:\ ).

Virtavia.dll needs to be in C(D)(E)(F)(G):\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X
Virtavia02.lic needs to be in C(D)(E)(F)(G):\Virtavia and C(D)(E)(F)(G):\Windows

If you are getting a 'skeletal' model ONLY in the Details pane but not in the Aircraft Selection pane or when flying then there's nothing wrong with your installation. The Details pane does not run the Panel.cfg file so the activation code is not executed and the Model remains locked. If you want to view the Details pane with a fully activated aircraft then you will need to select the aircraft into the Free Flight window. Once the aircraft is loaded in the Free Flight Window then it's activation will be complete, you can now go back to aircraft selection and view the details pane and see a complete aircraft!

regards

Jim

Dain Arns
August 30th, 2010, 01:56
Virtavia.dll needs to be in C(D)(E)(F)(G):\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X
Virtavia02.lic needs to be in C(D)(E)(F)(G):\Virtavia and C(D)(E)(F)(G):\Windows

If you are getting a 'skeletal' model ONLY in the Details pane but not in the Aircraft Selection pane or when flying then there's nothing wrong with your installation. The Details pane does not run the Panel.cfg file so the activation code is not executed and the Model remains locked. If you want to view the Details pane with a fully activated aircraft then you will need to load the aircraft into the Sim first. Once the aircraft is loaded in the Sim then it's activation will be complete, you can now go back to aircraft selection and view the details pane and see a complete aircraft!

regards

Jim

Okay, got it.

I'm assuming you are associated with Virtavia then Mr. Cooper.
So just a suggestion that maybe this information concerning the initial skeletal view in the Details pane and security activation should be included in the manual?

Also, could you please advise the status on the Paint Kit?

Thank you for your assistance. :d :wavey:

DaveWG
August 30th, 2010, 02:59
Of course the skeletal view / license thingy means you can't use the Seaking as AI with HeliTraffic:frown:

mal998
August 30th, 2010, 04:44
Okay, got it.
So just a suggestion that maybe this information concerning the initial skeletal view in the Details pane and security activation should be included in the manual?

Mr. Cooper, as far as I know, is not associated with Virtavia in any official capacity.

If the aircraft shows up in the game then it is installed correctly. The reason the aircraft shows up the way it does in the preview window has to do with built-in security measures. I suspect you will be seeing more of those in the future. Small price to pay for keeping the thieves at bay.

The paint kit is being worked on.

BR's,
mal

jimcooper1
August 30th, 2010, 04:46
Okay, got it.

I am not part of Virtavia and am not involved with developing the models so have no idea when a PaintKit is due for release, but I am responsible for the activation process.
Unfortunately the Details Pane phenomenon was not picked up during Beta Testing consequently it was not known about until this thread!!! The Select Flight panel does execute the Panel.cfg but apparently the Details pane does not. However there is nothing in the Microsoft Software Development Kit documentation that tells you either of these facts; so it is down to Beta Testing to discover what works and what doesn't! I guess Beta testers didn't click the 'Details' button before they selected the aircraft.
Now we know about it, the limitation can be documented and methods investigated to activate the Details pane. At present it can be viewed it just needs a couple of extra clicks!

regards

Jim

jimcooper1
August 30th, 2010, 04:50
Of course the skeletal view / license thingy means you can't use the Seaking as AI with HeliTraffic:frown:
You could try the Freeware Sea King from UKMIL
http://www.ukmil.org.uk/download.php?view.455

regards

Jim

skyblazer3
September 17th, 2010, 13:04
The reason the aircraft shows up the way it does in the preview window has to do with built-in security measures. I suspect you will be seeing more of those in the future. Small price to pay for keeping the thieves at bay.

BR's,
mal

I think it is a huge price to pay, too high for me. This security measure prevents you from properly seeing the aircraft model in multiplayer if you are not in the model yourself. For example, if I own the Sea King, but am not in it at the moment, then other people in sea kings do not show properly. This also negates the possibility of using FS Recorder to play back your flights from a model other than the Sea King.

I hope that developers abandon this means of security -- it makes the aircraft useless in a multi-player session. That might not be a big deal for some -- but I fly exclusively in multiplayer.

Chris Eells

spatialpro
September 17th, 2010, 13:10

Hi Dave,

Not sure what you mean? I have the Sea Kings working just fine in HeliTraffic (although as yet I haven't tried it when not flying a Sea King myself. Is this the problem?).

Andy

DaveWG
September 17th, 2010, 13:28
Hi Andy,

yep, if you're in the Seaking yourself it's no problem, but if you're in something else it's skeletal model time.

Snave
September 17th, 2010, 13:50
Hi Andy,

yep, if you're in the Seaking yourself it's no problem, but if you're in something else it's skeletal model time.

Once again, it's the legitimate customers suffering the obstruction and confusion, not the pirates. Surely that should be the first test for ANY security measure - does it inconvenience the poor punter who PAID for it..?:ques:

spatialpro
September 17th, 2010, 14:13

OK I've give that a shot. I'll be disapointed if they don't work, to say the least.

Andy

dennison
September 18th, 2010, 12:29
Yep, the seaking does not work properly with heli traffic unless you are in the seaking yourself.As i have purchased both the virtavia seaking and heli traffic I AM NOT IMPRESSED.

Also does anyone else have a problem with the A.I indicator locked in pitch only and non functioning test lamp switches when starting from cold and dark???

My default flight is the default Bell 206 cold and dark.

P.S Is there a VC switch for the landing gear? or have i missed it.

spatialpro
September 19th, 2010, 01:16
Has anyone tried flying multiplayer with one person in the Sea King and the other in a different helicopter? If so, I'd like to hear whether the entire Sea King was visible?

Andy

skyblazer3
September 19th, 2010, 11:38
I haven't..... but it shouldn't be because of the security software.

rohan
September 19th, 2010, 18:02
Please can someone confirm whether this security system is in place even when you've had the aircraft delivered and paid for through the Flight1 wrapper system ?
thanks in advance,
Ro

DaveWG
September 19th, 2010, 22:27
Yes it is.

mal998
September 20th, 2010, 14:59
Sorry to report that in multiplayer, when you are in a different aircraft from the player in the Seaking, the Seaking shows up skeletal.

I don't recall if the same problem arose with the Warbirdsim P-51's, as they originally appeared skeletal in the menu.

Bummer!

I will have to think twice about future purchases from any developer that suffer from the same issue, as I fly a lot of multiplayer.

skyblazer3
September 20th, 2010, 16:26
Mal998,

WarbirdSim removed that protection from their P-51s. They now work fine in multiplayer. They are a company that listens to their customers, and I will be picking up their D model when it comes out.

Cheers,

Chris

centuryseries
September 21st, 2010, 10:53
Mal998,

WarbirdSim removed that protection from their P-51s. They now work fine in multiplayer. They are a company that listens to their customers, and I will be picking up their D model when it comes out.

Cheers,

Chris

I'm sure Virtavia listen to their customers, but why would anyone want to remove copy protection from products that are extremely easy to copy and pass on often in the thousands.

How many people play online anyway? :salute:

skyblazer3
September 21st, 2010, 11:11
I play exclusively online, and so do all the people that I fly with. Go browse around the gamespy rooms for a while, you will be surprised.

FSX is a much more beautiful game when played online with people who know what they are doing. Whether it is air traffic control sessions, formation aerobatics, GA fly-ins, formation hops, helicopter search and rescue, or virtual airline and military groups..... FSX really shines in the multiplayer arena.

For those of us who do fly online, copyright protection like the sort that virtavia uses make those products 100% worthless.

Chris Eells

mal998
September 21st, 2010, 12:30
I'm sure Virtavia listen to their customers, but why would anyone want to remove copy protection from products that are extremely easy to copy and pass on often in the thousands.

How many people play online anyway? :salute:

Lots of people play online, just have a look at the rooms on Gamespy on any weekend.

I am not suggesting, nor would I ever suggest that copy protection be removed, only that a workaround be looked into that allows the product to be seen in multiplayer when two players are in defferent aircraft. Having said that, I have already gotten feedback from Virtavia on the matter and it does not look as though a modification is viable or forthcoming.

This will be just another consideration before making a purchase.

dennison
September 21st, 2010, 22:50
Well it may not be forth coming from Virtavia, but it is possible i think. I have worked out a work-around for Heli Traffic;
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1384/image2vr.th.jpg (http://img185.imageshack.us/i/image2vr.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Not sure if it will work with multiplayer though.

Edit: I don't use multiplayer but the skelletal visuals reported are the same so i suppose it will.

Milamber
September 22nd, 2010, 02:17
Care to share, PLEASE ? I didn't purchase yet, as I wanted to see the reaction of the devs to this aspect of their product. Looks like little interest from them to their PAYING customers, so I would only consider purchase of this product if their system could be " worked around". One can get enough grief with FSX without deliberately asking for more.

Well it may not be forth coming from Virtavia, but it is possible i think. I have worked out a work-around for Heli Traffic;
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1384/image2vr.th.jpg (http://img185.imageshack.us/i/image2vr.jpg/)

Not sure if it will work with multiplayer though.

Edit: I don't use multiplayer but the skelletal visuals reported are the same so i suppose it will.

dennison
September 22nd, 2010, 21:02
Care to share, PLEASE ? I didn't purchase yet, as I wanted to see the reaction of the devs to this aspect of their product. Looks like little interest from them to their PAYING customers, so I would only consider purchase of this product if their system could be " worked around". One can get enough grief with FSX without deliberately asking for more.

Yes of course, thought i would get the OK from Virtavia first though. That's done, please see the new post iv'e made.

jimcooper1
September 27th, 2010, 05:00
If you want your Virtavia Sea King to be visible in Multiplayer mode when you're flying a different aircraft from the Sea King follow these steps.

1. Copy "SK_DDI.dll" from the Sea King 'Panel' folder and paste it into the FSX 'Gauges' folder.
2. In the aircraft that you intend to fly open the 'panel.cfg' file and add the following line to the Main Panel section and/or Vcockpit01 section :
gaugeXX=SeaKing_DDI!DDI, 0,0,1,1 (where XX is next available number)

regards

Jim

dennison
September 27th, 2010, 07:42
If you want your Virtavia Sea King to be visible in Multiplayer mode when you're flying a different aircraft from the Sea King follow these steps.

1. Copy "SK_DDI.dll" from the Sea King 'Panel' folder and paste it into the FSX 'Gauges' folder.
2. In the aircraft that you intend to fly open the 'panel.cfg' file and add the following line to the Main Panel section and/or Vcockpit01 section :

regards

Jim

After i worked out the fix which works for Heli-Traffic also;
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=43306

And was testing ,i found the .ddl in the panel folder was a good marker that the panel.cfg had been edited.
The Dodosim has eight panel folders for example. The .ddl is a small file , so i did not consider it a space issue. You still have to edit every panel.cfg of the aircraft you wan't to use anyway.

Regards.

dennison
September 27th, 2010, 16:22
Read this post again.

regards

Jim

You replied to my original fix thread with this information. I see you have taken the trouble to add a "BOLD TYPE" (annoncement style) Tiltle to your reply ???????????????????? (Which is wrong anyway). Only multiplayer refered to when the original was for heli-traffic,and where did you get the info???
(Heli-traffic the reason you have a fix) i don't use multiplayer. It activates nothing in multiplayer as the protection/sim thinks the seaking is loaded from the front screen aircraft selection and the sim then started.That's why you have to accept to run the .dll on first start.

You have an alternative way to use the information. You could also adjust the gauge syntax to read the .dll in the seaking panel folder if you wanted.

fsafranek
September 27th, 2010, 23:00
and where did you get the info???

You may not know it but Jim Cooper is the guy who developed the anti-piracy
scheme licenced by Virtavia. If anyone knows what is going on he does.

mal998
September 28th, 2010, 04:20
As mentioned earlier, we tried "the fix" during a multiplayer session and it worked perfectly.

Dennison,
I'm not sure I understand what the discrepency is, or if there even is one?

BTW,
my apologies to Jim Cooper who obviously had/has an affiliation with Viratvia. I was incorrect in my earlier assumption that there was no connection. I stand corrected!
Sorry Jim!

dennison
September 28th, 2010, 05:13
You may not know it but Jim Cooper is the guy who developed the anti-piracy
scheme licenced by Virtavia. If anyone knows what is going on he does.

So he could have solved the problems in the first place then???? Where did you get the info??? ( i mean the fix info).

The .ddl is loaded at the aircraft selection screen so will work on or off line that's a fact .Does not require you to be in multiplayer as suggested.

My e-mail reply (Virtavia).
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/9865/emailrep.th.jpg (http://img841.imageshack.us/i/emailrep.jpg/)

P.S It's ok Mal998 there is no discrepency. i know it works.

jimcooper1
September 29th, 2010, 02:36

regards

Jim

Oops!!

Should read:

1. Copy "SeaKing_DDI.dll" from the Sea King 'Panel' folder and paste it into the FSX 'Gauges' folder.

dennison
September 29th, 2010, 07:13
Oops!!

Should read:

1. Copy "SeaKing_DDI.dll" from the Sea King 'Panel' folder and paste it into the FSX 'Gauges' folder.

NO comments on my previous postings 205 and 208 then ???????????? .

If you are going to hijack information from my fix thread back into this one you could at least get it right!!!

Unbelieveable you are!!!

YOU KNOW WHAT I SHOULD NOT HAVE BOTHERED IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!

jimcooper1
September 29th, 2010, 08:38
NO comments on my previous postings 205 and 208 then ???????????? .

If you are going to hijack information from my fix thread back into this one you could at least get it right!!!

Unbelieveable you are!!!

YOU KNOW WHAT I SHOULD NOT HAVE BOTHERED IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!

Why are you upset? You pointed out a fix (in thread 202) but did not reference it. To save readers having to jump thread I posted the fix in thread 203. We are both trying to help fellow simmers get the most out FSX. At no point did I say what you posted was incorrect, I was agreeing with you but saving Simmers the bother of trying to find a thread you mentioned but didn't reference.

dennison
September 29th, 2010, 08:47
but did not reference it.

You could have.

fsafranek
September 29th, 2010, 13:31
You could have.
"Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!"

dennison
September 29th, 2010, 18:21
"Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!"

Who invented that line then?? (someone unaffected by the implication)

Its quite important to get things right or you look an ass!! or are you saying i'm wrong???

Reference your previous post ; now you see where he got the info from. Also who he is reference this matter is irrelevant.

Thanks Frank.

P.S Upsets seem to be a theme around these forums at the moment.

alpine
December 23rd, 2010, 04:33
Hi, everybody,

Brandon Filer has done some great rotor blur textures, great improvement I tink!

<center>FSX - FSX Helicopters </center> <center>FSX Virtavia Sea King New Rotor Blur Textures
</center> <center> [ Download (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=152422) | View (http://www.flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=152422) ] </center>
Name: virtavia_seaking_new_rotorblur.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=152422) Size: 1,578,997 Date: 12-22-2010
http://www.flightsim.com/p/virtavia_seaking_new_rotorblur.gif FSX Virtavia (http://www.fspilotshop.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=333&ref=269)Sea King New Rotor Blur Textures. For those that find the default rotor blur on the Virtavia (http://www.fspilotshop.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=333&ref=269)Sea King for FSX to be quite pathetic, this file is for you! These new textures will give the rotors a much more realistic appearance. The alpha channels were done from scratch and included the fifth blade that was left out on the main rotor blur when released. The tail rotor has been redone as well. By Brandon Filer.

Cheers, Thilo