Please remember that this is Version 0.0 Alpha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evt0_PjDhLA

SADT
August 1st, 2010, 23:37
Hi Pam,

Did you get my PM?

falcon409
August 1st, 2010, 23:39
Yea, this is going to be another jewel for Milton and his team. Also, this is the FS9 airframe right now. Unless something has changed, the original plan was to produce the FS9 version first and then Milton already has someone signed up to take the model and move it into the FSX world. So we're still looking at a fair amount of time before we actually see the FSX full version.

Really glad to see this airplane coming to life in FS with this much detail and workmanship.:salute:

warchild
August 2nd, 2010, 00:00
Wait.. I'm confused.. I'm doing the FDE for the the guy who is like, my ultimate hero?? The person responsible for getting me interested in doing what i do in the first place? I need to get my Jaw off the floor.. :D
I am confused though.. The Model was done by Michael Davies and the project was passed off to crashaz. We started putting the team together Saturday morning. We still need someone to model the interior. The plane will be Donationware to support SOH.. I'm actually doing the FSX version because i dont have fs9 on my system.
I know i must sound scatter brained and i apologize.. I'm just very confused, but if this is for Milton, then, how do i make it better than perfect??

Cag40Navy
August 2nd, 2010, 00:13
You have done such a good job with the Warchild. Thanks for the video.

warchild
August 2nd, 2010, 00:41
Thanks Cag, but truth told, at the moment, i'm not sure if i'm supposed to be working on this or not.. If Milton already has a team lined up for the fsx project, then, innocently or not, i'm stepping on someones toes.. I dont want to do that, but at the same time, i'm just not sure i could take losing another project i love..

Cag40Navy
August 2nd, 2010, 00:57
Thanks Cag, but truth told, at the moment, i'm not sure if i'm supposed to be working on this or not.. If Milton already has a team lined up for the fsx project, then, innocently or not, i'm stepping on someones toes.. I dont want to do that, but at the same time, i'm just not sure i could take losing another project i love..

I dont think you are. I have not heard anyone objecting to the matter. I think for now, staying motivated is going to be key here.

SADT
August 2nd, 2010, 00:58
Don't worry Pam, I'm sure Milton would love your help for this project as chief FDE maker and project manager.:applause:

warchild
August 2nd, 2010, 01:17
I dont think you are. I have not heard anyone objecting to the matter. I think for now, staying motivated is going to be key here.

Staying motivated is easy for me.. When it comes to the planes i love, my friends literally have to drag me away from my work, and i love this plane. maybe ts because its as big as a frikkin bomber, but handles like a fighter and just as fast as most. Maybe its because its unique. i dont know. Whatever the reason, i love it..

SADT
August 2nd, 2010, 01:33
Hi Pam,

You gotta love those fighter bombers, I just love the Idea of a massive aircraft being as maneuverable as a fighter. Hitler didnt, and even had production of the Me262 fighter put behind that of the bomber. talk about bad decisions.....

Whitehawk
August 2nd, 2010, 01:41
I love 'em too, right back to the Brisfit lol :mixedsmi:

stansdds
August 2nd, 2010, 01:53
It's looking good and definitely an overlooked type. I did notice that it appears to have counter rotating props like a P-38, real P-61's had both props rotating in the same direction. Keep up the good work, FSX needs more aircraft. :jump:

roger-wilco-66
August 2nd, 2010, 02:41
big applause ! :applause:

Murray Cod
August 2nd, 2010, 03:15
good video - and don't forget to get some sleep between now and when it is released.

(for the next soundtrack you could use Alice Cooper's "The Black Widow"

MS

Butcherbird17
August 2nd, 2010, 04:36
Wait.. I'm confused.. I'm doing the FDE for the the guy who is like, my ultimate hero?? The person responsible for getting me interested in doing what i do in the first place? I need to get my Jaw off the floor.. :D
I am confused though.. The Model was done by Michael Davies and the project was passed off to crashaz. We started putting the team together Saturday morning. We still need someone to model the interior. The plane will be Donationware to support SOH.. I'm actually doing the FSX version because i dont have fs9 on my system.
I know i must sound scatter brained and i apologize.. I'm just very confused, but if this is for Milton, then, how do i make it better than perfect??

Warchild, I think falcon got a little mixed up because of the twin engines:kilroy:, the model he is talking about is the f7f tigercat and Milton is the modeler and it is a SOH project for both fs9 and X:jump: Here it is: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=35671
I can't wait to get my paws on both the widow and tigerkitty.

Joe

Dain Arns
August 2nd, 2010, 04:49

Joe

Agreed.
We've sorely needed these two planes in FSX for the past few years.

Milton Shupe
August 2nd, 2010, 05:01
Warchild, I think falcon got a little mixed up because of the twin engines:kilroy:, the model he is talking about is the f7f tigercat and Milton is the modeler and it is a SOH project for both fs9 and X:jump: Here it is: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=35671

Joe

Joe is correct; Falcon confused our project for the F7F with this one.

Full speed ahead warchild and team :) :applause:

falcon409
August 2nd, 2010, 06:34
Yep, exactly right, I should have done a bit more checking before going off half-cocked like that. . .it is the F7F Tigercat that Milton and friends are working on. . .onward and upward Pam. . .sorry for the screwup!!:salute:

CADFather
August 2nd, 2010, 06:53
When this gets released, I'm going to have to beg the wife to let me buy a copy of FSX and then get this plane, 'tis my favorite bird and the work so far looks great.

warchild
August 2nd, 2010, 08:23
Thanks Milton and Falcon.. I greatly appreciate the clarification :).. Full speed ahead then..

warchild
August 2nd, 2010, 08:24
Ed: sorry..** duplicate post **

warchild
August 2nd, 2010, 08:54
I Still need an experienced 3D artist to do the interior, but 3D artists are rare jewels with a lot of demands on them and they can be exceptionally busy. So when they see a high energy driver like me asking for help, they get a little nervous i think :;chuckles:;
Bottom line though is that i dont want anyones primary time on this project. I want their spare time when they can afford it. I may put four thousand hours into this aircraft and thats a lot of time between here and there. plenty of time for modeling, and it doesnt need to end there. we all want this one right.. Gotta admit though that when its done, i'd love to see a formation shot of this thing with miltons A-26 and tigerkitty.. :)
I corrected the roll rate last night before bed but i didnt do a stopwatch test to see if it was accurate, and theres a lot of other little errors that are apparent in the film. Most notably the pitch moment on the elevator and the pitch angle of attack rate. I'll be working on those today and wednsday.
Tally Ho.. :::LOL::

Gibbage
August 2nd, 2010, 10:52
Good job so far on what must be one of the most difficult aircraft to model! I think the prop blades need just a little more work, and I really like the look of the cuffed blades over the non, but thats just my personal openion. :salute:

glennc
August 2nd, 2010, 16:43
So, this airplane is going thru its life cycle backwards? Starting out as a drone? :kilroy:

Seriously, Pam and friends, this looks really good for a version 0.0. As Ed said, "full speed ahead", or at least any speed ahead = we'll let you eat or sleep once in a while. :salute: I'll definitely kick in some bucks when the time comes.

Glenn

PRB
August 2nd, 2010, 16:50
The beastie, she flies! Cool video. That was inspirational! Love the music. What music is that?

warchild
August 2nd, 2010, 17:14
Its called suicide mission and its from the "Mass Effect" sound track.. i thought it was fitting music because not only did the pilots who flew these things put their lives at risk on every flight ( hard to see in blackness ) but also because this plane cant be built with out a mass effort on all of our parts.. :)..

PRB
August 2nd, 2010, 17:25
Its called suicide mission and its from the "Mass Effect" sound track.. i thought it was fitting music because not only did the pilots who flew these things put their lives at risk on every flight ( hard to see in blackness ) but also because this plane cant be built with out a mass effort on all of our parts.. :)..

Thanks. I'm going to find that sound track. Reminds me a bit of the sound track to that gladiator movie. Good stuff. I need to find me a good history of the P-61 now. Always liked this plane, but it seems very little has been written about it.

warchild
August 2nd, 2010, 18:22
You can find it here :) :) ..
http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-2/dp/B0031CSCS6

txnetcop
August 2nd, 2010, 19:00
Pam you're my hero! Thanks for all the drive and ambition to get this babu off the ground!
Ted

PRB
August 2nd, 2010, 20:35
You can find it here :) :) ..
http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-2/dp/B0031CSCS6

Thanks, Pam.
:ernae: