PDA

View Full Version : 'Jimmy Johnson & Kurt Busch' (Another Round)

Panther_99FS
August 1st, 2010, 12:59
Interesting yet again....
Thank goodness Elliot Sadler is okay....

redriver6
August 1st, 2010, 13:10
i'm no JJ fan but i really do think he was just trying to bump draft...the real story of that incident is the head on into the fence hit that Elliot Sadler took....ripped the whole front end off the car and engine was laying on the ground several feet from the car.

Sadler was released and talked to the media after the wreck...these new cars are alot safer than the old ones.

Panther_99FS
August 1st, 2010, 13:28
i'm no JJ fan but i really do think he was just trying to bump draft....

I agree with you 100%....
However, I know that if it was Montoya instead of Jimmy, EasyEd would see it in a different light ;)

PRB
August 1st, 2010, 13:29
That was an ugly crash by Elliot Sadler. Glad he is ok.

stansdds
August 1st, 2010, 13:51
Yep, and now they are sitting, hoping the rain quits. Except for Sam Hornish, who has four old tires and the least amount of fuel in his car, but is currently in the lead car and probably wouldn't mind seeing a monsoon right about now.

redriver6
August 1st, 2010, 13:58
I agree with you 100%....
However, I know that if it was Montoya instead of Jimmy, EasyEd would see it in a different light ;)

now what makes you say that:icon_lol:

PRB

That was an ugly crash by Elliot Sadler. Glad he is ok.

ditto

stansdds

Yep, and now they are sitting, hoping the rain quits. Except for Sam Hornish, who has four old tires and the least amount of fuel in his car, but is currently in the lead car and probably wouldn't mind seeing a monsoon right about now.

theres probably somebody doin a rain dance behind the pit box...

if it reastarts it ought to be wild with all those different tire stratagies...

Montoya is po'ed right now....he was not happy with the 4 tire call...again.

stansdds
August 1st, 2010, 14:04
Engines are fired up and the cars are going back onto the track. Better tighten those belts extra tight!

Cazzie
August 1st, 2010, 14:09
Gonna be a big wreck too, because there are too many back runners up front. Smoke got into my man and he hasn't been right since.

Shakin' mah chicken, JJ gonna get up front or wreck someone tryin' to get there.

Caz

stansdds
August 1st, 2010, 14:30
Surprisingly, no! I was betting on a big wreck up front, but Hornish held on a lot longer than I thought he could, then gently lost positions to the better cars. Glad they got in a whole race, I'm not a fan of rain shortened races.

Cazzie
August 1st, 2010, 14:31
Happy to see Biffle in the winner's circle, good for the Cat in the Hat too. And isn't this the first Cup win this year for Ford?

Denny managed a fifth in spite of Smoke. Chicken worked, But JJ still managed a top ten finish.

I don't think JJ intentionally gets into anyone, he is just often times reckless.

Caz

redriver6
August 1st, 2010, 14:38
yeah...glad to see Biffle win it:salute:

Panther_99FS
August 1st, 2010, 14:49
yeah...glad to see Biffle win it:salute:

Agreed....:applause:

EasyEd
August 1st, 2010, 15:57
Hey All,

Good to see Elliot Sadler was OK! That was a hard hit! Did you see how far that car came back out after hitting that wall? Why is it that when a track is gonna fix a problem like Pocono is going to fix those walls - that problem commonly bites back just before the fix like it did today with Elliot? Karma? On a different note why does FOX always have coverage of incidents like what happened today while these guys don't? Not enough cameras? Or just in the wrong places? Or poor cameramen?

As for that incident with Jimmie - what the heck was one time Kurt doing holding up 4 time in a row Jimmie? :d Actually it was a perfect storm - Jimmie bumping Kurt on a straight which is OK but not if another car (33) is so close trying to sidedraft. Recipe for a mess.

What a mess that last pitstop was! Too bad for the guys takin 4 and then gettin cheated out of so many laps of racing by parading around under caution - kinda defeats the reason for taking 4 doesn't it. Bummer for Jeff and Jimmie but he and Chad had lost the car with the changes in the weather by then. I didn't mind seeing Greg win - just so it wasn't Carl.

Was scared to death for a while there that an open wheeler was gonna steal one! Especially after they interviewed his crew chief who said Sam had good pace all weekend and that P2 wouldn't be bad. What the?? Jeezus if you in NASCAR talk NASCAR!!! not that open wheel F1 lingo. Try to imagine Ward Burton saying "we had good pace all weekend and P2 wouldn't be bad" - my Gawd.

Don't know what Sam is gonna do with no sponsorship for next year right now. Also noted that Marcus Ambrose is moving on being replaced by 46 year-old Bobby LaBonte - probably for the best. Be interesting to see what other changes are coming.

Nother road race next weekend - anybody pickin Jimmie to win?

-Ed-

eddie
August 2nd, 2010, 17:44
That wasn't a bump by JJ, that was a mugging!! He got the back wheels of Kurt's car off the ground, no way a bump would do that. There was no call to hit him that hard, that was reckless, pure and simple.