PDA

View Full Version : AlphaSim F-104 Repaints

Z-AZ1USN
August 1st, 2010, 06:19
Using F-104 repaints by Henry William for the Alphasim F-104 yield some rather strange results
with FSX/Accel. The stock liveries are fine, It's the addons that make for a chrome canopy
and dark 3D cockpit (actually you will be able to see it if you hit the - key and look down at
a rather small dash. The repaints posted at FlightSim web page.

Txmmy83
August 1st, 2010, 08:17
are you sure that it is a FSX Paint?
since texture seems to have a problem with the alphachannel quite typical for FS9 textures imported to FSX

thats that file?
as_104_2.zip (http://flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=115897)

ok see it that are bmp textures from FS9
which definately have an alphachannel that is incompatible with acceleration you may have to rework that textures and save without alpha

but you should have to wait what other say but I think I am quite right with my guess

Best Regards
Tom

Z-AZ1USN
August 1st, 2010, 09:06
are you sure that it is a FSX Paint?
since texture seems to have a problem with the alphachannel quite typical for FS9 textures imported to FSX

thats that file?
as_104_2.zip (http://flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=115897)

ok see it that are bmp textures from FS9
which definately have an alphachannel that is incompatible with acceleration you may have to rework that textures and save without alpha

but you should have to wait what other say but I think I am quite right with my guess

Best Regards
Tom

Yup that the file, but the author claims it is for the alphasim F-104 fsx, I think that some how
the stock liveries where reworked so as to become compatible with FSX/Accel.
If your theory is correct then I would need to know more on how to correct the
textures. Thanks

Txmmy83
August 1st, 2010, 09:10
ok let me try something I am comeback soon hopefully with results ;)

Best Regards
Tom

Z-AZ1USN
August 1st, 2010, 09:36
ok let me try something I am comeback soon hopefully with results ;)

Best Regards
Tom

By Jove I believe I fixed it! I was looking in all the other stock liveries and noticed that they
have something in common then this addon livery doesn't, It is a panel config file which I cut
and pasted into the extra livery folder and ba da bing! The canopy was clear and not chrome. Same
thing for the USAF addon that I also got from Flightsim and done by the same guy. He should
of packed those files also so that there wouldn't be any issues such as I had experienced.
So to sum it all up I copy and paste one of the panel.cfg files into the addons textures and all
is well for me. Thanks for you advice and time. :salute:

Update: Seems like I only managed to fix some of the issues. Have clear canopies but the pilot and
cockpit are still black. The Virtual and cockpit are fine.