PDA

View Full Version : My First Flight

Hiede
July 31st, 2010, 11:59
Today I will be taking my first flight since I had my son 5 weeks ago. After he has his lunch and is down for his nap I will have a little time to fly,my husband will be able to take care of things for a short time. It won't be a long flight but at least I can get in the air for a little while.

BTW my son is doing fine and is pretty much on a routine now.

I also want to thank everyone for their well wishes,I appreciate it.

Hiede

Ken Stallings
July 31st, 2010, 13:01
I was wondering where you have been. I think bringing a new human into the world is a pretty strong reason to have not been around in SOH as much.

Congatulations on the baby boy! I know you are overjoyed!

Great to see you have a chance again to slip the surly bonds!

Cheers,

Ken

CybrSlydr
July 31st, 2010, 13:04
Congrats!

Take pics. :D

Cazzie
July 31st, 2010, 13:51
Heidi, congratulations to you and hubbyn and may God bless your little boy. Fly now, they are on a routine only for a few months, then neither of you will get much sleep for a while. It's too early to warn you about the terrible twos, when if you run your back, they're gone from your sight.

Caz

Daveroo
July 31st, 2010, 14:18
Ididnt know you have a baby..congrats...no panthering allowed....

Ken Stallings
July 31st, 2010, 14:47
Heidi, congratulations to you and hubbyn and may God bless your little boy. Fly now, they are on a routine only for a few months, then neither of you will get much sleep for a while. It's too early to warn you about the terrible twos, when if you run your back, they're gone from your sight.

Caz

Oh, I think she knows all too well. This boy is her second child. About four years ago, she posted some adorable photos of her daughter having a splendid time digging in the sand at the beach!

Cheers,

Ken

TARPSBird
July 31st, 2010, 15:15
Hiede, congratulations! Yes, post some pics of the little guy. :)

Hiede
August 1st, 2010, 10:24
Oh, I think she knows all too well. This boy is her second child. About four years ago, she posted some adorable photos of her daughter having a splendid time digging in the sand at the beach!

Cheers,

Ken

When that pic was taken my daughter was 2 and she just turned 7. Surprised you remembered that photo.

I went through the terrible 2's with both my daughter and my niece. My husband doesn't know what he's in for yet,LOL.

Hiede

NoNewMessages
August 1st, 2010, 11:56
How'd the flight go???????????

It doesn't seem like there are a lot of choices for Mau'i. Take off from Kahului, go do a touch and go at JHM, go back and land at Kahului. Or fly down to Hana. But it something I would L-O-V-E to experience!

Any pictures from the flight?

Cazzie
August 1st, 2010, 12:29
Ken, there is a huge difference in infant boys and infant girls, huge. Heidi is about to learn a difference raising curve. Trust me, boys get into "everything" and destruction and mayhem is in their genes! :>)

Caz

OBIO
August 1st, 2010, 12:44
Trust me, boys get into "everything" and destruction and mayhem is in their genes! :>)

Caz

And boys never really outgrow that...we are always into everything and destruction and mayhem follow us well into our 80s and beyond.

OBIO

Ken Stallings
August 1st, 2010, 12:46
When that pic was taken my daughter was 2 and she just turned 7. Surprised you remembered that photo.

I went through the terrible 2's with both my daughter and my niece. My husband doesn't know what he's in for yet,LOL.

Hiede

How could I possibly forget!

Indeed, the terrible two's are a tumoil, but it is part of the path your husband will walk with you and should bring great memories for him that will last a lifetime.

Very happy for both of you.

And please tell Talon that I think of him often.

Cheers,

Ken

Ken Stallings
August 1st, 2010, 12:50
Ken, there is a huge difference in infant boys and infant girls, huge. Heidi is about to learn a difference raising curve. Trust me, boys get into "everything" and destruction and mayhem is in their genes! :>)

Caz

Well, since my wife and I have had just two boys (12 and 16 now), I cannot make a direct comparison. But, I'll trust you on it! I do know that my two certainly got into things frequently!

I will never forget the time my oldest shoved a wad of aluminum foil up his nose and then when it got stuck, he started screaming in panic. His mother was going nuts and I came over to see what was wrong. Saw it stuck in there and pulled it out along with a small amount of blood.

He stopped panicking. His mother eventually settled down. And I told him how dumb he was to shove it in there in the first place. He was four I think at the time! :icon_lol:

Ken

Cazzie
August 1st, 2010, 14:06
Well, since my wife and I have had just two boys (12 and 16 now), I cannot make a direct comparison. But, I'll trust you on it! I do know that my two certainly got into things frequently!

I will never forget the time my oldest shoved a wad of aluminum foil up his nose and then when it got stuck, he started screaming in panic. His mother was going nuts and I came over to see what was wrong. Saw it stuck in there and pulled it out along with a small amount of blood.

He stopped panicking. His mother eventually settled down. And I told him how dumb he was to shove it in there in the first place. He was four I think at the time! :icon_lol:

Ken

LOL Ken, up to school age, boys have to be watched every minute, even playing with friends. And never let them have anything sharp or that will shoot a projectile. :d

Caz

Hiede
August 1st, 2010, 18:09
It doesn't seem like there are a lot of choices for Mau'i. Take off from Kahului, go do a touch and go at JHM, go back and land at Kahului. Or fly down to Hana. But it something I would L-O-V-E to experience!

Any pictures from the flight?

You think I only fly around Maui? Over the years I've flown to Oahu to pickup my parents after they've flown in from NJ. I also like to fly to Kauai or the Big Island at times. Than there are times I just like to look at the beautiful scenery around here like yesterday.

Cazzie,

I'm not worried about the terrible 2's,It's all part of life. I've been through worse things.

Ken,

Talon is doing fine and is on the yearly cruise for 2 months.He is expected back late August or early September.I couldn't go this year because of my son but by this time next year we will be going also.

Hiede

Ken Stallings
August 2nd, 2010, 17:24
I'd ask if you could pick me up on your way ... but Portales, NM is ... ugh ... a bit land locked! :icon_lol:

Ken

Ripcord13
August 3rd, 2010, 18:41
Hiede, Tell Talon Shame on him for not letting us in the Boys of 60 Squadron know about your blessing.

S! Rip