PDA

View Full Version : Port-Over Help

Quicksand
July 31st, 2010, 10:40
Hello, all. I just got an urge to try some ports of my favorite FS9 planes. I got Razbam's Scooters in flawlessly, and then, feeling lucky, I decided to try the Alpha Phantoms. They went in, minus some of the gauges, and they look great. The only problems are that FS is a slideshow when I select any of the Phantoms, and there is a "hole" in the instrument panels in VC view. Is there anything I can do to cure these problems? Forgive me if this has already been covered....

falcon409
July 31st, 2010, 11:04
The slideshow could be due to gauge problems in the Phantom rather than the airplane itself. Can you post a shot of the "hole" you're talking about? Back to the slideshow, try removing one gauge at a time (in the panel.cfg file just add a double slash // before each gauge listing as you check one after the other) until you get a better fps.:salute:

Quicksand
July 31st, 2010, 16:00
Falcon, I'm no good at the screenshot posting anymore, but suffice it to say that a portion of the upper part of the panel is missing, allowing a view of the landscape in front of the plane. I haven't had a chance to work on the gauge thing yet, but I will do as you instruct. Do I need to exit and restart the sim each time I "//" out a gauge?

falcon409
July 31st, 2010, 16:13
Falcon, I'm no good at the screenshot posting anymore, but suffice it to say that a portion of the upper part of the panel is missing, allowing a view of the landscape in front of the plane. I haven't had a chance to work on the gauge thing yet, but I will do as you instruct. Do I need to exit and restart the sim each time I "//" out a gauge?
The hole is most likely an "alpha" problem and that takes a bit of detective work to find the offending texture and then adjust the alpha. As for the gauges, I believe you can stay in the sim and as you change the gauge you are commenting out, after you save the cfg file, just go back out to the aircraft selection window and reselect that airplane, it should refresh with the changed gauges at that point.

Quicksand
July 31st, 2010, 16:44
Thanks Falcon. I'm off to start... Will report back...