PDA

View Full Version : F1 2010: Hungarian Grand Prix.

Ferry_vO
July 31st, 2010, 04:23
No longer with us after Q1:

18: Kobayashi
19: Glock
20: Kovalainen
21: Trulli
22: Di Grassi
23: Senna
24: Yamamoto

Ferry_vO
July 31st, 2010, 04:45
The next seven that can now get ready for the race:

11: Button
12: Barrichello
13: Sutil
14: Schumacher
15: Buemi
16: Liuzzi
17: Alguersuari

Ferry_vO
July 31st, 2010, 05:05
The first ten on the grid; easy front row for Red Bull!

1: Vettel
2: Webber
3: Alonso
4: Massa
5: Hamilton
6: Rosberg
7: Petrov
8: Kubica
9: De La Rosa
10: Hulkenberg

wombat666
July 31st, 2010, 07:31
Strange how time colours one's view Ferry.
Back in 1983 I hated and detested the 'New Nurburgring', my reaction was the same when we had the 'Hungaroring' foisted onto the F1 calender.
Now they both seem far better than the cruddy modern day 'Tilke Dromes' ....... :173go1:
Be interesting to see if Vettel can avoid taking out Webber at the off!!

Wing_Z
July 31st, 2010, 20:47
Dunno Wombat...Hungaroring is generally pretty much of a procession.
The drivers almost talk themselves out of overtaking there, before they've turned a wheel.

Here's hoping something extraneous happens, rain maybe.

wombat666
August 1st, 2010, 06:31
Fourth victory of the year!!
:australia: :ernae: :australia:

Cazzie
August 1st, 2010, 07:06

Not too bad for a "back-up" driver, eh. You go mate! "snicker, snicker"

stuartcox
August 1st, 2010, 09:21
I expected more from Vettel!
Why did he not have a go at Alonso?

Wing_Z
August 1st, 2010, 14:59
I expected more from Vettel!
Why did he not have a go at Alonso?
Ferrari had a straight-line speed advantage - rest of the track it became too wide to pass ;)

Surely this must be the Most Deserved Win of the season...from despair to victory, Webber just put the hammer down and drove away.

And Bravest Moment on the Track and Get Back at Your Former Snooty Team Driver:
Barichello taking Schumacher on the straight.
Michael pushed Rubens within half a handspan of the concrete wall, but he never flinched.
Schumacher will get his just desserts from the FIA I'm sure, before the next race.

Panther_99FS
August 1st, 2010, 15:32
And Bravest Moment on the Track and Get Back at Your Former Snooty Team Driver:
Barichello taking Schumacher on the straight.
Michael pushed Rubens within half a handspan of the concrete wall, but he never flinched.
Schumacher will get his just desserts from the FIA I'm sure, before the next race.

--> http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-barrichello-slams-schumacher-move/

EasyEd
August 1st, 2010, 16:24
Hey All,

I saw a bit of that race today. Really enjoyed the mess on pit road - glad nobody got hurt - but couldn't help but realize how clueless those teams would be if there were as many as 43 cars comin in at the same time.

As for Webber an the tires don't these teams actually test to see just how long a set of tires will last? Good win for Webber.

-Ed-

Wing_Z
August 1st, 2010, 16:54
--> http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-barrichello-slams-schumacher-move/
10 grid place demotion for Belgium...Schumacher may as well skip the whole qualifying lark and go sit at the back of the grid on race day.
EasyEd: there's no official testing allowed at all, the teams glean what they can from the 3 practice sessions on race weekend.

demorier
August 1st, 2010, 19:50
:jump::australia: Renault should get a school lollie pop person, couldn't do a worse job than there guy in the pits last night.

Ferry_vO
August 2nd, 2010, 10:58

Webber seems to be in a good position to take the title this year; Vettel is too frustrated and makes too many mistakes and McLaren seem to be too slow at the moment. With Massa now the #2 at Ferrari only Alonso seems able to threaten the Red Bulls. With a few high speed tracks coming and a straight line speed advantage for the Ferrari it will be an interesting end of this season! :jump:

Sundog
August 3rd, 2010, 10:02
Since refueling is no longer an issue, they should just close the pits when the safety car is out.

During the restart, I couldn't believe what Vettle was doing was legal. Someone else used to do that on the restarts and I keep thinking it was Alonso, but I don't recall atm. I was glad to see them sanction him for it.

What Schumie did was just plain stupid and it's good to see the 10 grid spot penalty.

Having said that, I can't wait for Spa, it's my favorite track.