PDA

View Full Version : MS Paint

Helldiver
July 30th, 2010, 05:22
I'm now using Windows 7-64 bit. The new issue of Windows does not have the old MS Paint.
Can I import it from Windows XP and have it work in Windows 7. It's very handy when doing free hand drawing.

Cazzie
July 30th, 2010, 05:33
I'm now using Windows 7-64 bit. The new issue of Windows does not have the old MS Paint.
Can I import it from Windows XP and have it work in Windows 7. It's very handy when doing free hand drawing.

Get this instead HD, it was developed by Washington State University with help from Microsoft and was to be a replacement for the old MS Paint. It is free and has all the features of the old MS Paint plus many more features, including the ability to apply layers, thus it can be used for repaints fo FS aircraft.

http://www.getpaint.net/

Caz

norab
July 30th, 2010, 05:51
I agree with Caz, a very useful substitute with a lot more useful tools

cheezyflier
July 30th, 2010, 07:02
i liked ms paint. i used it to draw the cheezy cycle:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/cheezyridr/chopper21.jpg

Helldiver
July 30th, 2010, 07:26
Thanks Cazzie. I appreciate it.

hairyspin
July 30th, 2010, 07:31
Get this instead HD, it was developed by Washington State University with help from Microsoft and was to be a replacement for the old MS Paint. It is free and has all the features of the old MS Paint plus many more features, including the ability to apply layers, thus it can be used for repaints fo FS aircraft.

http://www.getpaint.net/

Caz

That's Paint.NET and you're underselling it slightly! :icon_lol: It also reads and writes .DDS files, so I use it a lot....

Naismith
July 30th, 2010, 12:41
MSpaint is still there under

%windir%\system32\mspaint.exe

On my 64bit W7 and it is not the upgrade version.

Helldiver
July 30th, 2010, 13:00
Naismith, I tried %windir%\system32\mspaint.exe several places and I can't seem to get get it.
The system that Cazzie had was too sophisticated for me. I like the simplicity of MS Paint, especially the ability to bend curved lines.

norab
July 30th, 2010, 15:46
While I understand that you may not like the software, I wouldn't want people to think Paint.net can't handle a curved line. You just need to learn how to use it. here are some drawings I did for another project a few years ago using only Paint.net

roger-wilco-66
July 30th, 2010, 16:03
Naismith, I tried %windir%\system32\mspaint.exe several places and I can't seem to get get it.
The system that Cazzie had was too sophisticated for me. I like the simplicity of MS Paint, especially the ability to bend curved lines.

%windir% might be misinterpreted here.
If your windows path is on C:\ then look there under \system32\ . It would be also possible that someone could send you the mspaint.exe and you could run it in the compatibility mode if neccessary, if nothing else helps.

Cheers,
Mark

scott967b
July 30th, 2010, 16:56
I believe on Win 7 64 you can also look in SysWOW64, don't know what if any difference it makes. Probably also need to have hidden folders checked for viewing as well.

scott s.

Butcherbird17
July 30th, 2010, 17:07
MS paint is still in windows 7 is just called Paint now. Located here: Start/All Programs/Accessories/Paint. :salute:

Joe

Naismith
July 30th, 2010, 20:21

Sorry, I pasted it from the properties of the exe file. It is in C:\windows\system32\mspaint.exe.

The fellow above me is correct too it is in Start, all prgrams accessories.

Also if you copied %windir%\system32\mspaint.exe and pasted the text in the run option of the start button it would throw up paint. The % signs tell windows to look in the windows directory