PDA

View Full Version : Danged Heat Ate My Brain !

sc7500
July 28th, 2010, 07:24
Okay - my A/C is on the fritz, and my memory died too.

I just converted Edmundo Abad's Ju-86K to CFS2. The danged thing jumps 12 feet off the tarmac and explodes in Free Flight, even with massive adjustments to contact points and weight location.

What am I missing here ???
SC
:kilroy:

Shessi
July 28th, 2010, 12:25
Hi SC75x100,
It will be the airfile, combined possibly with a poor (for CFS2 use) ac.cfg file.

To test this out swap the airfile for, say, a good CFS2 Ju52 one and see.

The original airfile is missing an entry and can be auto tweaked using Airwrench to make it CFS2compatible.

Cheers

Shessi

sc7500
July 28th, 2010, 15:15
Thank You, Senor Shessi - I shall mess with this plane some more tonight and report back ! :salute:

SC

NO JOY - Installing several different-but-similar AIR files did NOT help the "Jump and Explode" challenge.... I'm going to Mothball this particular aircraft and see if a solution shows up down the road...

JapLance
July 28th, 2010, 23:03
This thread reminded me that I had been looking for a Ju 86 for my SCW installation a while ago.

I just googled that Abad Junkers and found only a CFS plane... Too old for my taste. Nevertheless, in my prevoius research of Ju 86 to try there was a FS2004 Ju86D by Bertil Nilsson (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=122087):

http://www.flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=view&fn=/home/flight/files/74/swiss86.zip&an=Ju-86/junkers86.JPG&idx=40

It has Jumo inline engines instead of the radials of the K version, but looks nice and seems quite simple to skin. Strangely, the 3D model needed no conversion to CFS2, is Multi-LOD :jump:, and it seems to fly well (I can't remember right now if I did something on it). It will also need a DP file and a better panel, as I can barely see anything on my screen.

It may be an option for you.

Shessi
July 29th, 2010, 06:54
Hi SC,
Well if it's this Ju86 then it doesn't need converting and agree with JL that's a slightly(!) better Ju86 anyway.

Cheers

Shessi

sc7500
July 29th, 2010, 10:49
Once again the Denizens of the Basement come through.

Yes, JL - it WAS Abad's CFS1 plane, and has some very rudimentary textures which I was working on correcting. Thot it would make a nice ground attack option....

I am downloading the Nilsson (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=122087) plane even as I type, and [once installed and running] will be a very happy camper !

Thank you, Fellows
SC

Sopwith Chameleon
July 30th, 2010, 15:50

This thread reminded me that I had been looking for a Ju 86 for my SCW installation a while ago.

I just googled that Abad Junkers and found only a CFS plane... Too old for my taste. Nevertheless, in my prevoius research of Ju 86 to try there was a FS2004 Ju86D by Bertil Nilsson (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=122087):

:jump:...........this could be quite a find - I've done a quick "Splash & dash" on the paint, and I'm working up a dp ..........

.........did you find the key assigmnent to deploy the ventral gun station ?

Jim

sc7500
July 30th, 2010, 16:38
... But my small effort makes a GREAT target !

No luck finding the lower gunner pod actuator... Yet

SC

tonybones2112
July 30th, 2010, 22:42
Once again the Denizens of the Basement come through.

Yes, JL - it WAS Abad's CFS1 plane, and has some very rudimentary textures which I was working on correcting. Thot it would make a nice ground attack option....

I am downloading the Nilsson (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=122087) plane even as I type, and [once installed and running] will be a very happy camper !

Thank you, Fellows
SC

I'll be looking forward to Sopwith's .dp and paint jobs, I want to see how good a target, er, flyer it is:D

Bones

JapLance
July 30th, 2010, 23:44
I couldn't find neither how to deploy the dustbin gunner nor how to open the bomb bay doors, but I spent some time on a .dp file with 16x 50Kg bombs in two 8-bomb salvoes.

Sopwith, that looks splendid. Any chance of a SCW livery?. I think it would be the same camo pattern, substituting the German insignias for the Nationalist, and adding the plane number:

http://www.zi.ku.dk/personal/drnash/model/spain/Media/Ju86.gif

Sopwith Chameleon
July 31st, 2010, 06:49
I couldn't find neither how to deploy the dustbin gunner nor how to open the bomb bay doors, but I spent some time on a .dp file with 16x 50Kg bombs in two 8-bomb salvoes.

Sopwith, that looks splendid. Any chance of a SCW livery?. I think it would be the same camo pattern, substituting the German insignias for the Nationalist, and adding the plane number:

http://www.zi.ku.dk/personal/drnash/model/spain/Media/Ju86.gif

...........I'm looking at it

Jim

Sopwith Chameleon
August 1st, 2010, 15:59
...........I'm looking at it

Jim

WIP :salute:

The Bomb doors open with the spoiler (/) key

Jim

Jagdflieger
August 1st, 2010, 16:23
Shift C, Shift T, Shift H or Shift W for the dustbin? Just a guess as I don't have the plane, but CFS 2 only has a limited number of animation options.

JapLance
August 2nd, 2010, 03:32
That SCW livery looks great, SC.

I couldn't find any standard animation to work with the low turret. Maybe that Concorde Nose thingie, but I never asigned a key to it (if only I could find it in that damn key assignment menu).

sc7500
August 2nd, 2010, 10:17
...Maybe that Concorde Nose thingie, but I never asigned a key to it (if only I could find it in that damn key assignment menu)...

That's SUPPOSED to be <F7> or <F8>, according to my setup.... but it doesn't work for me...

SC

Jagdflieger
August 2nd, 2010, 11:57
Try:

Settings > Controller Assignments> Extend Concord Nose & Visor Fully > Change asignment > I use "n"

Settings > Controller Assignments> Retract Concord Nose & Visor Fully > Change asignment > I use "Shift N"

JapLance
August 2nd, 2010, 22:51
Try:

Settings > Controller Assignments> Extend Concord Nose & Visor Fully > Change asignment > I use "n"

Settings > Controller Assignments> Retract Concord Nose & Visor Fully > Change asignment > I use "Shift N"

Thanks Jagdflieger, have them set up now, but still no results on the Ju 86. What a mistery.

Jagdflieger
August 3rd, 2010, 03:01
It was worth a try. I guess the model must not feature that animation. Seems like one of Primavesi's (sp?) early FS 7 and CFS 2 Ju 52 models had that feature.

kdriver
August 3rd, 2010, 04:02
All of you are still doing much better than I am. I can't get the aircraft to show.

I only get an error message saying unable to startup flight model. :confused:

JapLance
August 3rd, 2010, 05:19
It was worth a try. I guess the model must not feature that animation. Seems like one of Primavesi's (sp?) early FS 7 and CFS 2 Ju 52 models had that feature.

The thing is that Aircraft Container Manager shows the dustbin rear turret deployed when the gear is retracted...:isadizzy:.

All of you are still doing much better than I am. I can't get the aircraft to show.

I only get an error message saying unable to startup flight model. :confused:

Yes, you get an error at first. I had to put the airfile through Airwrench prior to using it. I wonder if this could have caused the dustbin problem.

kdriver
August 4th, 2010, 09:50
Thanks Japlance - I got her flying by substituting the air file from an He 111E which also has a retractable dustbin. However, still no luck in getting the dustbin to show.

tonybones2112
August 6th, 2010, 18:25
ICARUS has a Ju-86 I believe. Overall I am very pleased with the few I bought from them, the TB-3 Soviet bomber is awesome.

Bones