PDA

View Full Version : On Guam

Good_2_Be
July 27th, 2010, 13:39
In case anybody was worried about us, we made it. Actually posting from the Ramada Inn so no internet for me for a while. :salute:

Guam is really nice, allot bigger than you would think.
I'll try to get on here again later, have a house I have to go cleanup.

PSULLYKEYS
July 27th, 2010, 14:27
Great news! Hang in there.:wavey: Talk to U when yer ready.

Collin
July 27th, 2010, 14:42
Glad you made it, hope you get cleaned up quickly.....Job?

regards Collin:ernae:

frankwi
July 27th, 2010, 16:42
I was in the Air Force and stationed in Guam from 80-82. Possibly the two best years of my life. Guam has certainly changed in 30 years but the palm trees, white sand beaches and weather are probably the same.

Are you assigned to there with the military ?

X_eidos2
July 27th, 2010, 20:00
I visited Guam while in the US Navy back in 1976. I was warned that because the roads were made with crushed coral mixed into the asphalt, they were slick as ice when wet with rain. Maybe that's all changed in 34 years, but something to be aware of.

wahoo
July 27th, 2010, 20:11
Hafa Adai Good _2_Be Bien binidu Congratulations on making it to THE ISLAND. Hope the journey was pleasant and the first days are a delight ( if humid ). May Taotaomona and everyone welcome you with warmth and kindness. Been to your new home yet? Done the round the Island drive ? Been up to Yigo to see the Puppies yet ? PM soon . Much luck and joy. Wahoo.

Good_2_Be
July 28th, 2010, 11:57
No job yet other than cleaning up our home, my truck won't arrive for at least three weeks so travelling around after the rental vehicle goes back is going to be a challenge. Have not done the whole round Island drive yet, drove down through Yona then across Island through Santa Rita, very beutiful.

Much has changed since some of you have been here, they have a brand new Home Depot by the airport, the roads are a bit rough in some areas but not that bad.

The people here are amazing I forgot people could be so kind, things are going to be a bit rough for a bit but my wife and I are determined to make it work.

The spirit of the land here is so peaceful. Going to have to do some rewiring in the house to get power up so it may be a while before I'm online and checkout here is Friday......maybe.

The Chihuahua's made it fine one can leave quarantine now the other we are waiting on test results to see how long he is going to be kenneled.

Thanks All :salute: I will try to keep you updated.

Rami
July 29th, 2010, 11:58
Good_2_Be,

Best of luck with getting things organized, glad to hear you're okay. I know that your determination will help pull you through.

fliger747
July 29th, 2010, 18:01
My dad spent a little time there during the war, waiting for transport to his ship off Okinawa. Went back many years later doing some work for the Navy and had lunch with the Admiral.

Enjoy, but watch out for the Brown Snakes....

Cheers: T

crashaz
July 30th, 2010, 09:24
Hey buddy! Send me a PM with your email...going to put you in touch with my buddy who lives on Guam...he is a scenery designer. Figure you can still dabble around and have your own Guam Flight Simmers group! :wavey:

Good_2_Be
September 2nd, 2010, 13:59
Quick Update

Powering my computer off a heavy duty extension cord from the neighbor's, also tapped into their wireless for a few hours a day, have to disconnect when they get home from work cause it slows down their connection to much if I stay on. Also connection is a bit weak but it works.

Think I'm going to write a book about all this, I'll try to write a more detailed bit later when I get a chance and post it.

Skipsan
September 2nd, 2010, 14:52
Good to be hearing from you :jump: Looking froward to your new adventure :wiggle: Stay well.

All the best

Skipsan :kilroy:

Good_2_Be
November 23rd, 2010, 01:49
Good talking with you gents on Skype the other day, sorry had to make it short, the misses wanted to chat with her sister since I found the cam and mic.

I'll try to get on here Wed, your Tue. If not I'll try for Thur, your Wed.

Thanks again everyone.

To Uncle Dirty: thanks for watching the language, must say it makes reading the Saturday (Sunday) morning post interesting LMAO :salute:

PSULLYKEYS
November 25th, 2010, 07:36
Great you are doing fine G2B! Have great hollidays!:wavey: