PDA

View Full Version : itunes/ipod experts

cheezyflier
July 27th, 2010, 07:35
ok, so i know some of you are the all-seeing, all-knowing wizards with these. maybe one of you can answer a couple of questions that baffle me?

1) i have an ipod nano, my step daughter has an ipod touch. is it possible to set up separate profiles on itunes so that we don't have to continually un click the other person's music to keep it off of our own player?

2) is there some other software i might use to manage my music on the ipod nano?
i have music that refuses to load onto the ipod even though it is clicked. besides, i would rather just deal specifically with the music i want to add/remove, rather than having to check and be sure everything i want (that i already have loaded on the ipod) is already checked in the little boxes

anyone? mr. bill? ms. cha-cha? mr. panther?

Cratermaker
July 27th, 2010, 08:08
One way you can do it is to make a new playlist with all the music you want on a particular ipod. Then, with the device connected, highlight it in the left menu, then on the right you will see a bunch of tabs: Summary, apps, music, movies...

Click on the music tab then under sync music, select "select playlists, artists, genres" instead of entire music library. Select the playlist you made. Do the same with the other iPod. Now both iPods will only download the music that user desires. Hope that was clear. That's how I do it with two ipods.

Cazzie
July 27th, 2010, 10:19
Cratermaker beat me to it Cheeze, I make profiles for all my music, such as Folk, Jazz, Blues, Rock, Classical, Country, etc. and drag my purchased and ripped songs into the profiles. Then as Cratermaker says, hit sync and iTunes will sync all MP3 music in your system.

My new Honda Fit has a USB plug-in for the iPod and it can them be controlled by the car's Sound System, pick a Profile and play. Sure wish I had one when I was in my 20s and 30s.

It will also reformat all of your FS screenshots (or any pictures) and you can have them play as a slide show. It will play videos too and if it is a 4th generation iPod or higher, it will record some pretty good video too. :ernae:

Caz

Lionheart
July 27th, 2010, 10:54
Hey CF,

It's easy. Have your daughter create her own iTunes account. She should be able to use a iTunes card available at most stores. Then when each of you use iTunes, simply log in, then log out when you are done synching and updating.

Now, with you two having your own accounts, the software like Genius will now detect what 'you' specifically want running on your iPod.

You might have to dis-own one and have it be your daughters, then she would register into iTunes with that iPod as 'her' new iPod. In this way, if you had a family of 4, each person could then have their own music, own custom playlists, etc, etc, etc. b Music from CD's can be dragged and dropped from one iTunes folder into another.

If you have any technical questions that perhaps I cannot answer, they have an excellent Apple forum here; http://discussions.apple.com

I go there often with questions. They have a section specific to iTunes.

:d

cheezyflier
July 27th, 2010, 14:51
thanks all, i will try this out :wavey:

Cloud9Gal
July 27th, 2010, 16:48
CF~

This is really a neat little program. Easy to use and set up. My husband has a nano and I have the iTouch. All you have to do is open Libra and click on which player you want to use. I love it!

http://www.sillybit.com/libra/

Chacha
July 27th, 2010, 20:46
Cheezy,

I have an iPod and Hannah has one as well.
iTunes reads the two iPods differently because it has two separate accounts.
We have individual playlists and it is real easy...

I go to

www.macrumors.com

or

insanelymac.com

for discussions and questions.