Cloud9Gal
July 26th, 2010, 19:03
Thanks for letting us know :jump:

crashaz
July 27th, 2010, 09:13
Done

MaddogK
July 27th, 2010, 13:31
Seems odd that they're polling the public to create a business plan to get a bank loan- for a game thats been in the works for 3 years.

Quixoticish
July 28th, 2010, 00:14
Seems odd that they're polling the public to create a business plan to get a bank loan- for a game thats been in the works for 3 years.

It doesn't seem odd in the slightest. If they are interested in large scale distribution then they will need some capital to scale up their operation.

MaddogK
July 28th, 2010, 12:38
It doesn't seem odd in the slightest. If they are interested in large scale distribution then they will need some capital to scale up their operation.

Where was the capitol for the last 3 years worth of work ? Why do they need the publics input on the content of this game ? Why are they only now trying to formulate a business plan ?

It just seems odd to me that they're only getting around to this NOW instead of years ago when they first started work on the project. I wish them the best of luck but I can't see where a loan is needed NOW unless they intend to press CD's and print boxes and literature.

XLR8
July 28th, 2010, 18:12
Where was the capitol for the last 3 years worth of work ? Why do they need the publics input on the content of this game ? Why are they only now trying to formulate a business plan ?

It just seems odd to me that they're only getting around to this NOW instead of years ago when they first started work on the project. I wish them the best of luck but I can't see where a loan is needed NOW unless they intend to press CD's and print boxes and literature.

My understanding is ,the guys who are doing it,are just a couple ordinary guys . There was a thread floating around several months ago,that explained the details . If I remember correctly,the guys were trying to find someone to publish it,sale or something like that . But that didn't fall through,so there distributing it them selves . But for us Sim lovers a new Sim is always welcome .

Quixoticish
July 28th, 2010, 23:33

Because they initially did it as a labour of love with no real certainties about release dates or if it would ever even be released. Now the game is nearing a state where they are happy with it, they can make some predictions about the future and are in a better position to secure capital.

What they are doing is very sensible; they can now approach the bank with something that resembles a product rather than trying to secure funds based on an idea.

I really don't understand the confusion to be honest.

Bone
July 29th, 2010, 05:06
Yeah, they most likely didn't need the money over the last 3 years, or else they would have tried to get it. These are smart guys, after all. Why pay interest on alot of money when you can get by without borrowing until you really need it...