PDA

View Full Version : Forest Fire

Slund
July 25th, 2010, 14:49
I know I've posted screenshots of the forest fire sceneries I'm working on and there still not available...what can I say, I'm a slow worker and my inititative to open FSDS just isn't what it used to be. :mixedsmi: I am however, getting very close to having all the bits and pieces I need developed, then it's just a matter of using Easy Scenery to add them to the landscape... I can't say they will be done soon, just that I'm getting close. The burnt trees were quickly placed as a test to see how they looked in contrast to the burnt ground, black trees on black ground didn't work so the slightly grey ones will have to do.

13611 13612

Daveroo
July 25th, 2010, 15:14
looks good to me..but that program that was for FS9 that went online and got active fires then put them into FS9..it had flame and smoke with sound...can you adapt that or simular to the burnt ground? is that whats in the background as the visable flame? or is it some new stuff youve done?...im just curious

dave

Slund
July 25th, 2010, 17:15
Thanks Dave, I think the program your talking about is called FSBlaze. My sceneries all all static objects, the fire effects are date sensitive, you won't see the effects if your not flying on the proper day for that fire to show up. The burnt ground is just a modified "blacksand" landclass tile, the blackened areas and scenery objects will show up regardless of the date.

thisizma
July 25th, 2010, 17:25
This would be great here in Florida.

kdl
July 25th, 2010, 23:34
FSBlaze was a great program in FS9!
Is this software already transferred for using in FSX or can one use the FS9 version in FSX?

Greetings
Dieter