PDA

View Full Version : Dual monitor help... (Please I just spent a whole bunch of money! )

jackedwardmorris95
July 25th, 2010, 10:50
Hi all,
I am running the new macbook with bootcamp, I bought a mini-displayport to HDMI adapter so I could put CFS2 through my TV, It worked with mac straight away and used my TV as a second monitor, I simply had to drag the programs over on to my TV. However, upon switching to windows nothing happened and my TV didn't receive any signal from the PC, I would like to get this working, so if there are any programs, or procedures I need to get my TV to be recognised as my primary monitor (Which is preffered) or a secondary monitor (If the other is not possible) please help (...and If you don't realise the contrast, My macbook is only 13" and my TV is 60", and it would sound pretty good with the surround sound)

Jack

Ghostrider
July 25th, 2010, 11:42
Jack,

I do that routinely with my Mac Pro - very easy - putting CFS2 on the HD big screen and and 6.1 surround/subwoofer is cool! I set up the 2 monitor configuration while running windows in boot camp through my NVIDIA control panel. not sure what kind of vid card you have, but you need the windows version of it's control panel to run while you're in windows. That should make it easy to set up multiple monitors. just go to the website of your vid card manufacturer, and download the windows NVIDIA control panel for your card. Install it while running windows. BTW, I clone the two monitors when I do this. I'm assuming it's an NVIDIA card. Same idea if it' something else, though. Hope this helps!

jackedwardmorris95
July 26th, 2010, 02:11
Thanks very much, all done and working perfectly, but the sound is still coming through the laptop rather than the TV or surround sound, how do I fix this,
Thanks,

Jack