PDA

View Full Version : Lancaster

seejay
July 24th, 2010, 12:47
I hope this is the correct Forum for this thread. I have recently got the FCS Lancaster, and for the most part love it. Some gripes though. First the radio,-- terrible to tune and to see the freguencies. I have yet to get the Nav indicators to respond to the VOR etc. I have checked and rechecked the manual and cannot find any quidance for the nav facilities.
I've been trying for weeks to reach FCS to no avail.
Does anyone have any suggestions for my problems. Thanks.

AndyE1976
July 25th, 2010, 07:37
I will have to have a look at tuning the navigation aids, but I just read through the manuals and there is no mention of them at all - in fact no mention of any special controls for the plane.

I did notice that they have s picture of the instrument panel in the 'history' pdf that shows the airspeed in MPH not Knots as it is in the sim (which would have been correct for an RAF aircraft) and I also suspect that the temperature gauges should be in farenheit for that period as celsius was part of decimalisation in the 70's.

AndyE1976
July 25th, 2010, 08:25
I just tried this out.

The tuning is a bit retarded, the red dials tune the com1 radio the left dial changing the main number and the right changing the decimal.

The blue/grey dial changes the Nav1 frequency, again left is main digit and right is decimal.

The blue lever to the right of the white square switches frequencies for the Nav1 radio and the red lever does the same for the com1 frequency.

I think the problem you're having is not being able to set the VOR heading - I couldn't find anything that did this, however the VOR indicator which is the L/R dial with the crossed needles below the compass, did work for me if I happened to be flying in the right direction.

Obviously that's pretty useless unless you can change the heading, but there didn't seem to be a clickspot that I could find on the compass or radio panel to change that.