PDA

View Full Version : ~Question of the Day~ 07/24/10

Cloud9Gal
July 24th, 2010, 08:17
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

What is the most hated chore on YOUR household chore list?

Matt Wynn
July 24th, 2010, 08:31
easy..... latrine duty.... some people can't even aim sat down.... everything else i enjoy.... Ironing, Cleaning, Laundry (Granted thats the Armed Forces fault, but i enjoy it), now wheres my parade shoes they needs bulling up! :salute:

WarHorse47
July 24th, 2010, 08:41
Keeping the garage clean.

Things seem to pile up. Every week I try to come up with a plan to get organized, but when I start I just end up moving stuff around and never really make more space. At times I can't find things, much less get to my workbench. And I never want to get rid of stuff.

--WH

stansdds
July 24th, 2010, 08:50
Household chores? That's women's work!

Stans runs for cover after uttering that comment. :running:

Actually, for whatever reason, I really hate emptying the dishwasher and putting away all the clean dishes and silverware. Don't know why, only takes a few minutes, but I'd rather not do it.

Terry
July 24th, 2010, 08:57
Trimming the parrots talons by myself, then using up the better part of a box of bandaids for all the leaks in my fingers.

Cloud9Gal
July 24th, 2010, 09:31
Household chores? That's women's work!

Stans runs for cover after uttering that comment. :running:.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs094.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Actually, for whatever reason, I really hate emptying the dishwasher and putting away all the clean dishes and silverware. Don't know why, only takes a few minutes, but I'd rather not do it

Actually, both my husband and I would pick this one as our #2 most hated chore. So you are not alone! LOL!

Cazzie
July 24th, 2010, 09:32
Vacuum cleaning!

Something about the noise of a vacuum cleaner motor that sets me off too, goes right to the core of my brain.

Caz

brad kaste
July 24th, 2010, 09:57
...Changing the water for the 50 gallon marine tank. Messy, laborious,.....and very time consuming when replacing the various filters too.

Snuffy
July 24th, 2010, 09:59
Actually, I hate playing Suzie Homemaker, but unfortunately as a single guy it needs to be done.

With Laundry, I hate folding socks and underwear ...

With vacuuming, I hate having to change the location of the plug ...

I hate being prodded into doing something ... ;)

rpjkw
July 24th, 2010, 10:19
Running the vacuum! Even with a 'self-propelled' Hoover, the job kills my back because of all the bending over. I take a 'happy pill' before, but it helps little. One of these days I've got to look into a Rumba, though I expect it would come out on the short end in battle with our Pit Bull who hates vacuums even more than I do.

Bob

Cloud9Gal
July 24th, 2010, 11:27
Actually, I hate playing Suzie Homemaker, but unfortunately as a single guy it needs to be done.

With Laundry, I hate folding socks and underwear ...

With vacuuming, I hate having to change the location of the plug ...

I hate being prodded into doing something ... ;)
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs011.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

That's a good one Snuffy!

Cloud9Gal
July 24th, 2010, 11:29
...Changing the water for the 50 gallon marine tank. Messy, laborious,.....and very time consuming when replacing the various filters too.

50 gallons! That's a big tank Brad! No wonder it's laborious! I'm sure it's worth it though! Aquariums can be so beautiful, and peaceful to look at!

Navy Chief
July 24th, 2010, 11:44
Scooping the cat litter boxes....... Although I have to add that the chore has gotten easier, since I started buying/using Dr. Elsey's cat litter. Initial cost is more, but lasts 10 times as long.

I pay a cleaning lady 60 bucks to come clean my house top to bottom, every other week. It's worth it!

NC

Henry
July 24th, 2010, 11:47
finding my wifes clothes
as she cannot get upstairs
i have to get her clothes everyday
you know that green blouse
and the shoes that match
and that pair of slacks that i got a while ago
no not that one the other one
what happened to 2 pair of shoes 1 change of undies
and 3 different color slacks
i have 4 pairs of shoes a few white shirts that are the same
and 3 pairs of slacks
a bunch of jeans that are all the same
at least i get my 4 trips up and down the stairs
keeps me fit i guess
AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!
H

Milton Shupe
July 24th, 2010, 12:09
Emptying the ashtray. When my wife is out cutting the lawn is when I do that bad chore. Then I holler out to her, "Honey, you do not have to worry about that ashtray! I cleaned it for ya!" She mows even faster after that. ;)

LOL Actually, I cut the grass myself; just thought that was funny. :)

I do not mind any of the chores. None take more than 10-15 minutes (even cutting the small lawn we have with a weed eater), and they all mean progress for the next month, week, or few days. We like things clean, organized, and peaceful so when things need to get done, we jump on it and knock it out quickly.

CG_1976
July 24th, 2010, 12:14
My most hated chore is keeping them darn Beavers from eating and stealing my wood Boat/Twotter dock.

Toastmaker
July 24th, 2010, 12:21
I'm with NavyChief - as a single guy, I have a cleaning lady. My time is worth more than what I pay her. But - I don't make her clean that cat box and I don't look forward to it.

Put a crowbar in your wallet, Snuffy and have your place cleaned well.

:running:

cheezyflier
July 24th, 2010, 12:23
i've been mr. mom since i came to canada. (i have another name for it that i can't use in polite company) i do all the cooking, cleaning, and shopping. although, for that one month i was working i didn't do the household stuff. i don't do laundry, except for my own. i hate doing the dishes. with all my heart i hate doing the dishes. but i do all that stuff cause my baby works her butt off, and she should be able to come home to a decent place and not have to deal with the house. i sure hope i go back to work real soon! :wavey:

Toastmaker
July 24th, 2010, 12:28
She's lucky to have such good Cheeze in the house !!

:applause:

WarHorse47
July 24th, 2010, 12:32
Keeping the garage clean.

Things seem to pile up. Every week I try to come up with a plan to get organized, but when I start I just end up moving stuff around and never really make more space. At times I can't find things, much less get to my workbench. And I never want to get rid of stuff.

--WHOh wait. There is one I forgot that I really hate. I hate it so much, I got it out of my mind.

Taking care of our septic system. Once a year I have to yank the filter and hose it off. Recently I got some training because now we have to submit a report to the county every three years on the condition of our system. If I don't hire someone to do it, I will have to yank the covers on the tanks and do a full inspection. :eek:

--WH

WarHorse47
July 24th, 2010, 16:45
Oh don't tell me I killed this thread.... :salute:

--WH

Cazzie
July 24th, 2010, 16:47
i've been mr. mom since i came to canada. (i have another name for it that i can't use in polite company) i do all the cooking, cleaning, and shopping. although, for that one month i was working i didn't do the household stuff. i don't do laundry, except for my own. i hate doing the dishes. with all my heart i hate doing the dishes. but i do all that stuff cause my baby works her butt off, and she should be able to come home to a decent place and not have to deal with the house. i sure hope i go back to work real soon! :wavey:

Nothing like being a kept man by a good woman, eh Cheeze? :d

I have been a kept man for pretty much the last 18 years, most redundant labor I have ever done. A great majority of that labor involved raising two boys from infancy as a stay at home dad, no day care for my kids. And you can tell it in their discipline, when compared to their cousins. Two of their girl cousins were pretty much pawned off on me during the day and weekends too, I feel like they're my own.

We had a dishwasher and we took it out. As I am always there, I wash dishes as we eat, changing water for each meal or when it gets dirty. We eat off paper plates when the meal calls for it, no need to dirty up a plate for a sandwich and some chips.

Things are getting better now, the boys are old enough to pitch in with chores, oldest one already works on Wednesday and Saturday evenings. Good painter too, I hate painting.

Get work as soon as you can Cheeze, I quit in '92 and then all the jobs went poof around here in the ensuing 12 years, by the time my kids were old enough for me to get a job, everything decent was gone. I went rouge and made some money with free-lance writing and doing models on commission. Things remained so bad (still are), I went on and retired at 62 to be able to draw some college funds for the lads until they are 18.

Caz

HouseHobbit
July 24th, 2010, 16:52
Nope it's still alive..:jump:

I hate cleaning dishes!!
Love getting them dirty through...:icon_lol:

If any of you know of a House-Mouse(Woman)
That likes doing dishes send Her my way..

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

mfitch
July 24th, 2010, 17:05
Happily my wife and I have different lists, so we each do chores the other does not like. The most put off chore for me is mowing the lawn. That is despite a lawn so small it can be mowed in about a half hour.

Willy
July 24th, 2010, 17:07
Being retired and as Vickie is disabled, I do a lot of the housework around here anyway.

I guess the cat litter box would be the most hated if I did it.

I don't mind cooking, although I hate to eat my own cooking if I'm doing it very regular.

I guess what I dislike the worst that I do, is folding and putting laundry.

luckydog
July 24th, 2010, 17:08
Being called over to eat any food that's been dropped on the floor........

FAC257
July 24th, 2010, 17:16
Cooking stinks! I don't mean the physical chore of cooking but just the stench of the food while it's cooking. It drives me nuts to come home to a house that smells like the last thing that got cooked and then trying to get that smell out of the house.

Specially anything that has green peppers and onions in it. That gaseous concoction should be limited for use as a chemical warfare agent and banned as a food ingredient.

The only things that should be cooked indoors are cookies and bread, because they smell wonderful.

To make sure I never had to suffer this chore, I removed the stove from my new home as soon as I moved in and the refrigerator got moved to the back tool room. Friges are a source for potential food stench and unneccesary electrical humming noise from the compressor running.

With both appliances out where they belong my home always smells clean and it's peacful and quiet. How's that for whacky? :)

FAC

jmig
July 24th, 2010, 19:29
Actually, I don't mind cleaning and helping around the house. It is getting started that I hate. Once I am moving, all is fine. It is getting out of the chair that is the hardest part.

:jump:

Bjoern
July 25th, 2010, 13:28
Doing the dishes and going for groceries.

I can live with the rest.

Chacha
July 25th, 2010, 14:36
Grocery shopping!

I don't like doing it...
Hannah makes the list...
Chloe echoes it... (really annoying!)

I don't like grocery shopping...
Because I have to go to three or four different stores to finish that...
Why doesn't Costco carry Lactose free milk?
And some cereal brand? (like Cinnamon Toast Crunch? at times they are out)

The second one I don't want to do is training this little kid all the things I do at home...
I rather do it myself.... She want to do it washing dishes, doing the laundry...
vacuuming the floor, dusting.... keeping my junk drawer junk free...
Cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner....
If I do it myself, don't you think I can do it half of the time...
But no, this little kid is always on my behind asking me HOW to do it....
I hope Summer is done....
And school has started...

(NO, Hannah doesn't visit SOH often...
and when she does, she just greet Happy Birthday people)

:bump:

(she is tired she is taking a nap!)

cheezyflier
July 25th, 2010, 14:38
cooking is the one "chore" that i truly enjoy. it helps that so far, everything i have sprung on them for the first time they've enjoyed. cooking is one skill that for me has really developed in the past few years.

OBIO
July 25th, 2010, 14:52
My most hated chore is the cat box. I hate the very thought of cat boxes, and would rather not have a cat just to avoid having a cat box. The dust, the smell...yuk! We use a clumping litter that is supposed to be 96% dust free...but I think that only applies while it is in the bag. Once the litter is in the pan, it becomes 96% dust...which finds its way to each and every electrical device in the house. The computer, the TV, the DVD player, the Wii, the PS2....all are magnets for cat litter dust. Oh, the printer...poor thing has only been in the house for a couple weeks and it already smells like Tidy Cat.

Laundry, vacuuming, scrubbing the shower, cleaning the toilet, doing the shopping...none of those bother me....just hate doing the cat box. Now, I don't have to do it every evening, just on those evenings when Deb's balance and coordination are worse than usual. Maybe 3 times a week...but that is often enough that I have given serious thought to letting the cat slip out the front door...but Deb loves that big cat and would be heart broken if Auggie were to disappear. Over all he is a great cat.

OBIO

Snuffy
July 25th, 2010, 18:40
... Put a crowbar in your wallet, Snuffy and have your place cleaned well.

:running:

My place is clean and all it costs me is about 30 minutes ... ;)