PDA

View Full Version : Question for the experts

AussieMan
July 23rd, 2010, 23:20
I have the MSTS and have a lot of time and money invested in it. I have many Australian routes and almost all of my locomotives and rolling stock are Australian (mainly New South Wales outline and routes).

I am thinking of buying Railworks TS but wish to know how much of the MSTS stuff can be ported over to RW.

All help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Pat

Snuffy
July 24th, 2010, 03:38
Hey Pat,

I'm far from an expert, but it is my understanding that Zero is the answer you're looking for.

Unless there is some convoluted way of doing it that I'm not aware of, but I don't see or read, or hear much about people "porting" MSTS assets to RW.

So its either impossible, OR the people who make assets for MSTS have no desire to take their stuff to RW.

Sorry ... :mixedsmi:

Gramps
July 24th, 2010, 05:35
Hey Pat

Sorry to say, but none can be imported from msts to RW.

Just hang on for awhile tho, there's a bunch of guys that are makin a new train sim (for free) that is msts compatible. It's in very early stages right now, but they seem to be makin good progress.

It's not really even made it to an alpha stage, but they have a download if ya wanna take a peek at how it looks.

http://www.openrails.org/home.html

AussieMan
July 24th, 2010, 15:01
Thanks mate ..... knew there was something in development but wasn't sure of the name.

Cheers
Pat

SPman
July 29th, 2010, 18:14
Looks interesting.
I'm like Aussieman - except most of my stuff is New Zealand Railways.