PDA

View Full Version : FSX freezing problem

Tweek
July 23rd, 2010, 06:09
Been tolerating this for a while now, but it's getting incredibly annoying now, so I've decided to see if there's any solutions other than a total reinstall!

Basically, FSX will run as normal for a while, but if I try to access the menus more than a few times, it will just lock up. First few times I can click them without a problem - select aircraft, change weather, all that jazz. But after I've done that a few times, I'll click a category from the alt menu and it'll freeze right there. This is especially annoying when using FS Recorder, as it means I lose an entire track. I've tried bypassing that by pressing ESC, but instead of freezing, it'll just give me a white dialog box, with which I can't save the recorded file. So I continue the flight, click the FS Recorder tab. Frozen.

I think it's been like this since I reinstalled FSX - so, when I first installed Windows 7 64 Bit. I don't know if it's a W7 problem, or just coincidence.

For the record, the sim itself runs perfectly well, and this is the only problem that its causing me.

FSX Acceleration/SP2
Win7 64 Bit
Intel Core 2 Duo 2 E6750 @2.67GHz
ASUSTeK P5K MoBo
ATI Radeon HD 3870 512Mb
4Gb DDR2 RAM (Corsair something)

Daube
July 23rd, 2010, 09:40
I suppose you already tried the UIautomationcore.dll replacement trick ?

modelr
July 23rd, 2010, 11:04
I suppose you already tried the UIautomationcore.dll replacement trick ?

????????????

Tweek
July 23rd, 2010, 11:12
????????????

Hehe, indeed!

Do explain, I'm all ears. :)

Daube
July 23rd, 2010, 11:42
Check this "crash fix" on simviation:
http://www.simviation.com/simviation/index.php?type=item&ID=69&page=13&mark=7483
(the one that is marked in yellow)

There has been a lot of discussions on the various forums, google knows.
However, it's just one of the possible causes.