PDA

View Full Version : New Google image format

aeromed202
July 23rd, 2010, 03:44
What are peoples opinions of the new Google format for displaying images? My workhorse stutters badly as I scroll around despite what I've read on some forums (pitches?) that fps is hardly affected. Ah progress. I'll just wait for the sympathetic soul who will offer a fix back to the previous format.

Ah ha. At the bottom of the first looong page is an option to revert, well partial. At least the basic display is as it was. Happy mahine again.

norab
July 23rd, 2010, 05:26
I'm with you, it stinks :frown:

cheezyflier
July 23rd, 2010, 05:36
what are you guys talkin about? i haven't seen any change. when i do a google image search it does the same thing it's always done.

Terry
July 23rd, 2010, 05:50
what are you guys talkin about? i haven't seen any change. when i do a google image search it does the same thing it's always done.

Same here, no changes!

Cratermaker
July 23rd, 2010, 06:33
I like the new image search. Not sure why some people can't see it though.

BurningBeard
July 23rd, 2010, 07:09
I like it, just googled Horses (figured lots of pics) and it loaded 27 pages at one time and I didn't need to continuously click for the next page. A lot easier to compare pics without having to remember what page the other one (you liked) was on.

Beard

OBIO
July 23rd, 2010, 07:11
I don't like it.....slows my system down terribly.

OBIO

Allen
July 23rd, 2010, 12:40
I'm also hit with some lag. Stutters as I scroll too. I'm not that hot on it.

Dain Arns
July 23rd, 2010, 13:03
I'm slowly getting to like it.
I don't like having to look at what sometimes looks like a jumbled mess of photos.
It was a shock at first since I hadn't heard the announcement about the changes
But...

I do really like all of the filtering options.
Like being able to filter for pictures larger than 800x600, as an example.
Or just having 'faces' be the result. Or clip art. Or black and white.
Beats having to look at a bunch of stuff I don't want to see that isn't related.

stansdds
July 23rd, 2010, 13:48
I'm slowly getting to like it.
I don't like having to look at what sometimes looks like a jumbled mess of photos.
It was a shock at first since I hadn't heard the announcement about the changes
But...

I do really like all of the filtering options.
Like being able to filter for pictures larger than 800x600, as an example.
Or just having 'faces' be the result. Or clip art. Or black and white.
Beats having to look at a bunch of stuff I don't want to see that isn't related.

I agree. It's slower because it is loading more pages at one time, but it does cut down on having to load additional pages. I'm getting used to the magnification of the picture when you place the cursor over the image and I do like that feature. The first time the new format loaded up it scared the crap out of me, wish Google was better at announcing changes and upgrades.

Hughes-MDflyer4
July 23rd, 2010, 21:16
I don't like the new format. My computer turned into a slideshow when I used it. :frown: