PDA

View Full Version : A question on Wozza's Texan...

Dexdoggy
July 22nd, 2010, 15:34
I am really loving this plane!

I have managed to "auger in" :isadizzy: a few times now, for example:

neglecting to change the tank from reserve to left or right after t/o, and have run the tank dry.
completely ignore my lack of altitude when flying up a "dead-end" valley in beautiful PNW, and stalled whilst attempting to climb over a sharp ridge.
Crash into a mountside when playing with the sliding canopy - "canopy opens - canopy closes" (very Homer Simpson-esque of me!).
switched tanks to "off" instead of "left" from right tank, without sufficient altitude to restart!
But - I love this plane! When I do bother to use the checklist :icon_lol: it is just an amazing plane that is a joy to fly!

A question on the Transponder - is it possible to add this in the VC? I know it can be accessed via the "Shift+2", but I'd love to see it in the cockpit.

Also, are there any Australian repaints (fact or fiction) out there? I already have some beuatiful
US/Canadian paints for whipping around BC and Washington State, but I'm getting a need to fly over some nice red dirt again "back home"!

By the way - thanks again Wozza for a great plane, and thanks to all the re-painters too!

Matt Wynn
July 22nd, 2010, 15:50
completely ignore my lack of altitude when flying up a "dead-end" valley in beautiful PNW, and stalled whilst attempting to climb over a sharp ridge.

if this happens perform a canyon/box turn, should turn you 180* so you can avoid that ridge and gain altitude after looping around....

Mr.Mugel
July 22nd, 2010, 23:12
Yes, it is a joy to fly, has some bits which I miss with the few payware I purchased. The engine management, that lets you screw the engine, further than the default overstress.

And the flight dynamics are beautiful, too, pretty challenging to do aerobatics, but it is very believeable!

Got to look for some repaints for this one, too.