PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Tender in Mission Builder

tobob
July 22nd, 2010, 09:37
I'm wasn't having any luck using the Invisible Tender in mission builder. Even though it showed up in the menu, when I tried to place it I kept getting an error message saying "Can't find the model Invisible Tender in the library".

Turns out the ship folder is named Invisible_Tender in the package but when I replaced the underline with a space it worked. Maybe a goof up on my part, but I wanted to make sure everyone knows about it and someone may find it useful. :salute:

tobob

Worthless
July 22nd, 2010, 19:15
Well I sure did. I gave up on that one years ago. It's nice to finally find out what was wrong.

Jagdflieger
July 23rd, 2010, 15:18
Ships can be tricky getting up and sailing if there is any variance in the folder name, the DP file name and the sim name in the "Ship.cfg" file.

Ship.cfg File:

[fltsim.0]
title=af_lct_mk-v
sim=af_lct_mk-v <<--Must match the DP and folder names
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=

I've never found it necessary to list ships in the Modelname.dat file for them to work or show up in the MB drop down window, but if you want a ship to show up in the MB preview window, you'll need to list it by its folder name and also incled a 290 X 246 pixel shot of it in the Info folder.

Airplanes seem to work just fine as long as the folder name matches the name called for in the mission (.msn) file.

PSULLYKEYS
July 23rd, 2010, 17:43
!! That's the prob, thought that was in an old post? But yes, gone with the crash.

The invisible tender may also be placed on the ground and used as a landing/takeoff field!

tobob
July 25th, 2010, 11:09
The invisible tender may also be placed on the ground and used as a landing/takeoff field!

Didn't even think about that! Duh!