PDA

View Full Version : Error - This is driving me CRAZY!

SirBenn21
November 18th, 2008, 03:15
Please Help.

I get this error! :censored:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Bennie

Daube
November 18th, 2008, 03:20
Well, it looks like you have no more available memory. How much RAM does your computer have ?

jmig
November 18th, 2008, 03:27
I have gotten that when I just left FSX sitting there. If I just leave the pick-a-plane window open, first the plane in the window goes black then that will appear.

Or, if I put it on pause and just walk away. I come back a half hour later and same thing.

BTW I run 4 gs with XP-Pro.

It is a memory leak and this has been talked about over at AVSIM and I am sure other place.

I don't know the answer. :(

CBris
November 18th, 2008, 03:33
Ahhh the dreaded OOM crash!

There's a windows fix around somewhere to recognise RAM > 2GB

Look for OOM fix or Out Of Memory Fix

Prowler1111
November 18th, 2008, 03:47
I suggest you do a disc defrag, then clear the temp folders (crapcleaner is a good free software), that should do it..

Prowler

icarus
November 18th, 2008, 04:27
if happens to me with 36 different password on my memory i am ruined

IanP
November 18th, 2008, 05:18
I've had that one as well - every time I went near UK2000 EGBB Xtreme with the A2A B377.

I turned down a couple of settings to make it go away, but as has already been suggested, a good defrag, deleting all your temporary files and not limiting your swapfile size may help as well.

Ian P.

JT8D-9A
November 18th, 2008, 08:02
You already have tried this (BCDEDIT /set increaseuserva 2560): http://fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=OOM_Error

I assume you are using Vista32.
http://www.futuregpu.org/2008/11/when-im-64.html :d

gera
November 18th, 2008, 08:09
I have had that too, with 4 Gig Memory., but only once in a while. .........maybe your PC thinks it can quit on you any time it wants!!!!!!!.....do a defrag and pray...or do a Virus Check, maybe a Troyan is sucking the memory bits somehow!!!!!!.......do not dispair----
you can always thrown the PC out of the window and finish the whole problem once and for all..............Smile you are in candid camera....:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Seriously....check this out:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007...ress-space.aspx

Good luck Amigo...........

Bjoern
November 18th, 2008, 08:42
Vsta 64 doesn't like me. Even its sibling Windows Server 2008 gives me a BSOD while surfing and listening to music for two or three hours.

SirBenn21
November 18th, 2008, 10:40
Thanks Guys

I actually still run XP with 4GB of RAM. It's only common when flying the PMDG MD-11.
Nothing worse than spending 10-20 min preping only to have a CTD as you are halfway to your destination! :censored:

Ben

JT8D-9A
November 18th, 2008, 11:02
Thanks Guys

I actually still run XP with 4GB of RAM. It's only common when flying the PMDG MD-11.
Nothing worse than spending 10-20 min preping only to have a CTD as you are halfway to your destination! :censored:

Ben
Then you simply have to add "/3GB /USERVA=2560" to your Boot.ini.
It's all well explained here: http://fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=OOM_Error
That's really necessary for FSX :wavey:

If you don't use FSX SP2/XPack, you have to add the /LARGEADDRESSAWARE flag to the FSX.exe. This step is not necessary if you use SP2 or XPack...

SirBenn21
November 18th, 2008, 11:33
Then you simply have to add "/3GB /USERVA=2560" to your Boot.ini.
It's all well explained here: http://fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=OOM_Error
That's really necessary for FSX :wavey:

If you don't use FSX SP2/XPack, you have to add the /LARGEADDRESSAWARE flag to the FSX.exe. This step is not necessary if you use SP2 or XPack...

Thanks Nils

I'll give it a go when I get home this evening.

Ben

Bjoern
November 19th, 2008, 06:58
Ben, listen to Nils. If something can cure OOMs, it's the boot.ini tweak.

Used to get OOMs on my old 2Gig config when flying into Aerosoft's Hannover. After having applied the memory tweak, I didn't get any OOMs anymore.

SirBenn21
November 19th, 2008, 14:57
Ben, listen to Nils. If something can cure OOMs, it's the boot.ini tweak.

Used to get OOMs on my old 2Gig config when flying into Aerosoft's Hannover. After having applied the memory tweak, I didn't get any OOMs anymore.

Yip done and dusted. Worked like a charm. Completed my flight from London to Zurich in the PMDG MD-11. My maiden flight in a tube by the way. Never thought I'd like tubes! :d

Still thinking of getting the Stratocruiser.

Ben

Roger
November 19th, 2008, 15:15
Good to see a well resolved issue (good one Nils:applause:) If you check your page file you may find windows suggests a higher value than "The let Windows manage your virtual memory". If so manually adjust it accordingly.

IanP
November 19th, 2008, 22:49
When I applied the boot.ini "tweak" to my system, 2Gb RAM with a 1Gb graphics card (Asus/ATI HAD3870X2), FSX became unusuable, from boot showing every sign of having run out of RAM such as spikes instead of autogen objects, jumbled aircraft and an abject inability to load textures.

Remove the boot.ini tweak, all is well again.

At some point, I'll pull my box out and check what the RAM is other than "2 x 1Gb sticks", then see if I can up it to 4Gb and try again. There's a known issue that is written about on a lot of tech sites regarding that tweak and larger graphics cards.

Ian P.

SirBenn21
November 19th, 2008, 23:55
When I applied the boot.ini "tweak" to my system, 2Gb RAM with a 1Gb graphics card (Asus/ATI HAD3870X2), FSX became unusuable, from boot showing every sign of having run out of RAM such as spikes instead of autogen objects, jumbled aircraft and an abject inability to load textures.

Remove the boot.ini tweak, all is well again.

At some point, I'll pull my box out and check what the RAM is other than "2 x 1Gb sticks", then see if I can up it to 4Gb and try again. There's a known issue that is written about on a lot of tech sites regarding that tweak and larger graphics cards.

Ian P.

If I read the article correctly, I think it is aimed at PC's with 4 GB of RAM. Also It did mention that you might need to tweak the value if it makes your system unstable.

Cheers

Ben

IanP
November 20th, 2008, 01:06
If I read the article correctly, I think it is aimed at PC's with 4 GB of RAM.

Yes Ben, I think that was exactly the issue, although back when I applied it, the page that I got the information from said that it was for systems with 3Gb+ of total memory, including video RAM. I now know this statement to be incorrect and, indeed, some of the reason is discussed on the FSDeveloper post referred to by Nils above.

The reason I posted that comment was also because of Nils's post, where he says:

That's really necessary for FSX

where what I believe is meant is "necessary for FSX on systems with in excess of 3Gb System RAM". Changing the /USERVA switch number - or removing it altogether and just leaving the /3GB switch - made no difference whatsoever, FSX was still unusable.

Hopefully that makes more sense?

Incidentally, the B377 is superb. Review is well underway and will hopefully be posted in the not-too-distant future (definitely not "s**n", though ;)).

Ian P.

SirBenn21
November 20th, 2008, 02:19

Incidentally, the B377 is superb. Review is well underway and will hopefully be posted in the not-too-distant future (definitely not "s**n", though ;)).

Ian P.

I really like your sites reviews. Looking forward to it. :wiggle:

Ben

JT8D-9A
November 20th, 2008, 05:53
Yes Ben, I think that was exactly the issue, although back when I applied it, the page that I got the information from said that it was for systems with 3Gb+ of total memory, including video RAM. I now know this statement to be incorrect and, indeed, some of the reason is discussed on the FSDeveloper post referred to by Nils above.

The reason I posted that comment was also because of Nils's post, where he says:

where what I believe is meant is "necessary for FSX on systems with in excess of 3Gb System RAM". Changing the /USERVA switch number - or removing it altogether and just leaving the /3GB switch - made no difference whatsoever, FSX was still unusable.

Hopefully that makes more sense?

Ian P.
With a 32Bit OS you always have the limit of 2GB Virtual adress space for user applications (e.g. FSX) and 2GB for the system (=4GB in total).
No matter how much System Ram you have installed.
By increasing the user VA, you will decrease the VA for the System (but the Video Memory is completely mapped into the System VA).
So, you can't increase the user VA much and use a graphics card with really large Video Ram under a 32Bit OS, because that will leave not much room for the OS.
OOMs are occurring because FSX is running out of virtual address space or because of a lack of contiguous memory.
That's why increasing of the user VA is necessary for FSX, but of course you have to be careful.