PDA

View Full Version : ORBX PNW scenery question

Reddog
July 21st, 2010, 11:24
Have this and, I think, all the updates but tell me is there any scenery for any of the float plane bases, I have yet to find any and with all the effort they put in to this I would think they wouldn't let those out.

ryanbatc
July 21st, 2010, 12:28
Hey man I just got this scenery too... in the user documents theres a large jpeg image of all the airports... Also I recommend skyvector.com and flying the west coast of OR up to WA state - I've found a few seaplane bases just via this route

Dain Arns
July 21st, 2010, 12:42
If you have Google Earth, you can download and use this .KMZ file from ORBx that has all of the locations for everything in the PNW scenery:

http://fullterrain.com/media/FTX_PNW_NA_Blue_KML_Version_1.4.2.zip

You can filter just the seaplane bases in BC and WA using the Places sidebar in Google Earth.

Reddog
July 21st, 2010, 13:41
I found the seaplane bases just there is no scenery for any of them, that's what I mean. Is there scenery for them and I just don't have it or what.

falcon409
July 21st, 2010, 13:41
Reddog, are you asking if there are scenery enhancements for the Seaplane bases? If you download the kmz file Dain mentioned it helps locate all the airports and water landing areas included in the package, but I have yet to land at any water landing area in PNW that has any scenery enhancements done to it which is quite surprising actually.

falcon409
July 21st, 2010, 13:42
lol, ya beat me to it Reddog, I figured that was what you were asking. I'm really surprised that with all the effort put into this package that nothing was done to the seaplane side of it.

Reddog
July 21st, 2010, 13:44
Reddog, are you asking if there are scenery enhancements for the Seaplane bases? If you download the kmz file Dain mentioned it helps locate all the airports and water landing areas included in the package, but I have yet to land at any water landing area in PNW that has any scenery enhancements done to it which is quite surprising actually.

yes that is what I mean. ORBX please fix :jump:, oh and while your at it please redo the other 99% of the world too.

falcon409
July 21st, 2010, 14:18
yes that is what I mean. ORBX please fix :jump:, oh and while your at it please redo the other 99% of the world too.
Well, I posted the question on the Orbyx forums and immediately got an answer from someone telling me that there are "several" around the San Juan Island area with docks and boats, etc, lol. There are a lot more than "several" water landing areas in the PNW region though, lol.

Dain Arns
July 21st, 2010, 16:01
I'd recommend looking at these 'sea plane bases' in Google Earth.
You're going to find a majority of them are just a dock, or a ramp to a small hangar.
Pretty similar to most private airfields that are nothing more than a strip of grass. :wavey:

JayKae
July 21st, 2010, 18:03
You might also want to have a look at http://aussiex.org

HighGround22
August 1st, 2010, 12:57
RedDog: Thanks for posing the question.

JayKae: Many thanks for the steer. I was about to toss-in the towel when I found them down there under Downloads / 3rd Party Downloads / User Scenery. A lovely trove, and most welcome, for sure. I shall keep a sharp eye on this area in future.

Brad (and all other devs): Many thanks for your artful and thoughtful contributions!

Reddog
August 1st, 2010, 13:37
You might also want to have a look at http://aussiex.org

okay went there and didn't find any seaplane scenery?? So what am i missing or doing wrong.

Reddog
August 1st, 2010, 13:49
okay went there and didn't find any seaplane scenery?? So what am i missing or doing wrong.

disregard I foundthem. :)