PDA

View Full Version : Old threads uploaded

trasno
July 21st, 2010, 10:21
Hi all.

I just uploaded several threads lost in the hacker attack. Some had Talos comments on repaints, so are very interesting. Tomorrow IŽll upload more. Hope you like it.

Trasno

Desert Rat
July 21st, 2010, 11:19
Cool beans,

don't suppose you saved the one about the Do-26 seaplane we converted? I had that bookmarked for one special reason, it contained D-bolts nugget of how to make FS9 converted planes work as AI (prior to it being a function in MDLC). Sometimes, IIRC, it was still handy to do it the old fashioned manual way, which this would be essential.

Jamie

Boatz
July 21st, 2010, 12:29
For JDTinballs,

Originally Posted by DBolt
You need to remove the "g_lightStates" variable from the DICT section of the mdl. It just can be done with a hexeditor, but it's not so hard.

First, locate the DICT section, close of the CFS2 tag. Then, you need to locate the following sequence of bites inside it:

9d e9 f0 57 23 05 9c 4e bc b6 12 bb 2f e7 3f 06

That is the "g_lightStates" ID number. Just replace the bites with zeros. Don't be tempted to remove the data, as it will mess up the mdl.
It should work with many aircrafts with the same problem.

Rami
July 21st, 2010, 19:02
The threads are available now in the CFS2 "other" section. :salute:

Desert Rat
July 22nd, 2010, 09:54
For JDTinballs,

Originally Posted by DBolt
You need to remove the "g_lightStates" variable from the DICT section of the mdl. It just can be done with a hexeditor, but it's not so hard.

First, locate the DICT section, close of the CFS2 tag. Then, you need to locate the following sequence of bites inside it:

9d e9 f0 57 23 05 9c 4e bc b6 12 bb 2f e7 3f 06

That is the "g_lightStates" ID number. Just replace the bites with zeros. Don't be tempted to remove the data, as it will mess up the mdl.
It should work with many aircrafts with the same problem.

Boatz,

many thanks, certainly a piece of knowledge worth preserving.

Jamie

tobob
July 22nd, 2010, 13:59
Thanks Trasno.

I just started looking through them. There's some interesting info!

trasno
July 24th, 2010, 00:22
I uploaded two more, and as soon as I can IŽll upload more. Is possible that I got more in my buckup drive. I have to check.

Trasno