PDA

View Full Version : SOH donationware F-100 CTD problems

Lateral-G
July 21st, 2010, 10:01
Has anyone ever figured out why the SOH donationware F-100 causes CTD's/lockups?

Each and every time I load the plane up and start a flight when I switch from the VC to the exterior/outside view the sim freezes and/or CTD's. If I stay in the VC no problems. The second I switch views :pop4:

I suspect it may be a bad gauge but no idea which one.

any thoughts or ideas?

-G-

Bone
July 21st, 2010, 10:25
I have both the original Donationware F-100 and the reworked portover in my FSX hangar. Neither of them CTD on me, but I did replace the majority of the original's guages. So, you are most likely right about the culprit being a guage. Have you tried the port-over? It has DDS textures, a touched up cockpit, nicer guage pack, an FDE that feels much better, and much nicer paints than the original. In fact, the paints are absolutely brilliant.

Bone
July 21st, 2010, 10:37
In case you don't have it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=32774&page=3&highlight=hschuit

Lateral-G
July 21st, 2010, 10:38
Have you tried the port-over?

If the port over is the one currently in the SOH library then yes that's the one I have.

If it's different then where could I get it?

-G-

Bone
July 21st, 2010, 10:39
If the port over is the one currently in the SOH library then yes that's the one I have.

If it's different then where could I get it?

-G-

I think we posted at the same time. Look above your last one.

Lateral-G
July 21st, 2010, 10:46
I think we posted at the same time. Look above your last one.

Yeah, that's the one I have....

I may try a new install. I'll delete the old files and try with a fresh download.

The long route after that is to delete all the gauges and re-add them one at a time....OY! :crybaby:

Sieggie
July 21st, 2010, 12:05
Just a thought but when I enabled ground shadows and shadows on plane, my ancient system started doing just that. I unchecked them and it stopped.

Lateral-G
July 21st, 2010, 16:30
Just a thought but when I enabled ground shadows and shadows on plane, my ancient system started doing just that. I unchecked them and it stopped.

That got it....or to be more specific shadows on the aircraft. Ground shadows are OK but for some reason shadows on the aircraft cause the CTD.

Thanks.

-G-