PDA

View Full Version : A NEW SCAM?????

txnetcop
July 20th, 2010, 18:37
Come and get it...get your brand new copy of Flight Simulator 11...hey it says it is 11.0 would they lie????:isadizzy:

Flight Simulator XI

http://microsoft-flight-simulator-x.software.informer.com/11.0/

Ted

Rezabrya
July 20th, 2010, 19:07
I hope nobody falls for this, but after looking at some of the comments... it seems some people have :isadizzy:

gradyhappyg
July 20th, 2010, 19:40
I for one am holding out till fake FS12 comes out.
I hear It's 100% compatible with fake Windows 9.

falcon409
July 20th, 2010, 19:45
My take on this is that the advertisement was written by someone who knew very little about the sim, it's history and the future of the current sim as we know it. All you have to do is look at the poor screenshots and know this isn't anything new, as a matter of fact those are so bad they look more like FS9 shots than FSX anyway. Very misinformed and I think the FSX 11 was simply a mistake on his part because he didn't know enough to even check.

If you read the comments, none of them are complaining about the fact that it isn't a new sim, they're talking about problems related to the differences between FS9 and FSX and most of the comments are over a year old anyway.

Not a scam, or even trying to be. . .just a very poorly done advertisement.

cheezyflier
July 20th, 2010, 20:42
My take on this is that the advertisement was written by someone who knew very little about the sim, it's history and the future of the current sim as we know it. All you have to do is look at the poor screenshots and know this isn't anything new, as a matter of fact those are so bad they look more like FS9 shots than FSX anyway. Very misinformed and I think the FSX 11 was simply a mistake on his part because he didn't know enough to even check.

If you read the comments, none of them are complaining about the fact that it isn't a new sim, they're talking about problems related to the differences between FS9 and FSX and most of the comments are over a year old anyway.

Not a scam, or even trying to be. . .just a very poorly done advertisement.i thought something similar, like their command of english might have been less than primary

spotlope
July 20th, 2010, 20:47
I agree with Ed - this looks more like a typo than a scam. What gives it away? He calls is FSX v.11. Um... hello? X is 10. Then again, a non-speaker with a loose hold on English (not to mention Roman numerals) could easily screw this up.

anthony31
July 20th, 2010, 20:58
Have a look at the screenshots page.

Three pics for Microsoft Flight Simulator X 8.0, Microsoft Flight Simulator X 9.0 and Microsoft Flight Simulator X 11.0 each.

There's no Microsoft Flight Simulator X 10.0 so you'd have to guess it's just a typo. Like refering to Microsoft Flight Simulator X 8.0.

azflyboy
July 20th, 2010, 23:20
I agree with Ed - this looks more like a typo than a scam.

I can see where the "FSX v11" came into play. If you hadn't been used earlier versions of MSFS, you probably wouldn't know that the older versions had numbers, and there are almost no references to "FSX" standing for "Flight Simulator 10", so assuming "FSX" is just part of the product name (like "Windows" or Office") makes a lot of sense.

This does look more like a bad translation job than any kind of a scam, since the wording in the description looks like either the work of an online translator or someone who isn't a native English speaker.