PDA

View Full Version : Douglas O-43 Uploaded

PutPut
July 20th, 2010, 13:07
I just uploaded my model of the Douglas O-43 to flightsim and simviation. Hopefully, it will be there tomorrow. Douglas designed several observation aircraft for the USAAC between the wars. The O-43 was next to last in the series and had a parasol wing rather than a gull wing or a biplane of the earlier models. I really wasn't going to model this aircraft until I found beautiful 3 views by Peter Westburg and a actual photo of the cockpit showed up on the US Cockpits website. I used this project as a test for doing emissive back lighted gauges in FSDS.

Hope you like it.

Paul

13224 13225

13226 13227

doublecool
July 20th, 2010, 15:14
As always PutPut I like your style :wavey:

Thank you

crashaz
July 20th, 2010, 18:02
Thank you sir! Off to download!! :wavey:

txnetcop
July 20th, 2010, 18:24
Thanks PUT PUT great aircraft!!
Ted

Snave
July 21st, 2010, 11:06
Thanks PUT PUT great aircraft!!
Ted

Early example of a stealth aircraft? So ugly that you look straight through it to avoid feeling nauseous..! Nice work, you've really captured the lines of this, er, idiosyncratic airplane! :salute:

Helldiver
July 22nd, 2010, 03:40
There was a O-43 at Skyhaven, Rochester, New Hampshie Airport about 10 years ago. It belonged to the FBO. Some eager beaver struck the tail with a snowplow. They repaired it and it flew away. Contrary to some people's opinion, it was quite handsome for it's day, with it's elliptical wings and the fact that it was a monoplane when the rest of the world was biplanes. A relatively big aircraft it was a slow mover. The one at Skyhaven had a blue body with orange wings.

robert41
July 22nd, 2010, 19:01
Thanks Paul. Fine aircraft.