PDA

View Full Version : RealAir Spitfire fsx Any good?

Cirrus N210MS
July 20th, 2010, 10:52
i am looking at the Real Air spitfire is it any good how much does it cost ?

:salute:

i may just wait for the new DC-3 from vertigo :jump:

GrinningJester
July 20th, 2010, 11:03
One of the best aircraft ever created for FS X.

That pretty much sums it up.

nio
July 20th, 2010, 11:15
It gets a substantial number of mentions in the recent aircraft that make you feel there poll/ thread.

I have it and love it though I suspect a bit of this is due to genetic hard wiring.

I was born close by to the site of the Castle Bromwich Aircraft factory which produced the Spit. I was born in 1957 and, as kids, WW2 was what we heard about and of course the huge part played by air power in that global conflict. Often I am delighted by the sudden appearance and beautiful sound of a merlin engine over my house beating up the airfield at Biggin Hill which is a mere few hundred yards away.

Aw. now I am going all misty.

It is an iconic aircraft.It is beautifully and faithfully reproduced for our pleasure by the Real Air team and I heartily recommend it to you.

best

nio

raptor19
July 20th, 2010, 11:21

Agree 100%, in my humble opinion. Although many newer and also excellent models have come along more recently the RealAir Spit has stood the test of time. When it was released it raised the bar for the standard of commercial FSX WWII Warbirds. I still fly it regularly and that just about sums up how highly I regard it.

It has a very nice external model, VC, flies well and the Merlin and Griffon sounds just have to be heard as they are so realistic.

John N.

Txmmy83
July 20th, 2010, 11:27
agree more than 100%
if you like a spitfire for FSX than it should be the Real Air

BR
Tom

JAllen
July 20th, 2010, 11:29
Flown the RealAir Spit since it was released and still do. Why hesitate?

SpaceWeevil
July 20th, 2010, 12:29
I've had it since FS9 and still fly it in both sims - it was the first add-on I ever bought for FSX. It's not perfect but what is? The cockpit is a bit sparse but the gauges are still among the best out there, and it has one of the neatest vintage/modern cockpit options going. It sounds great on takeoff - the Griffon screams like some barely-controlled monster. There's even a 'free' Mk IX thrown in. Add in RealAir's customer support and it's really not possible to be disappointed.

132131321213214http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png

Cleartheprop
July 20th, 2010, 12:44
One of the best WWII fighter ever built for FSX.
Here is HD video I made of the RealAir Spitfire; gives you an idea of the product quality.(if necessary!)
lyB0lJvuXm4

AndyE1976
July 20th, 2010, 12:48
Fantastic add-on, it's capable of doing virtually anything from buzzing around visiting airstrips to aerobatics.

It's also one of the first that I bought and I still measure everything against it.

IanP
July 20th, 2010, 13:11
http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/realair_spitfire_review.htm

There's my thoughts - I still fly it regularly and still love it.

Ian P.

gajit
July 20th, 2010, 13:21
Yes - a classic in every way. If only they would do an earlier version and also the one with the bubble cockpit - I would buy them instantly :jump:

Scratch
July 20th, 2010, 14:15
It is simply the best out there.

papab
July 20th, 2010, 14:39

Absolutely agree!!:applause:

oakfloor
July 20th, 2010, 15:12
Yes..and yes agian. Dont forget to turn up your speakers up to 110DB when takeing off so you get the full effect of a 2000HP griffon engine!

CybrSlydr
July 20th, 2010, 15:16
The Real-Air Spitfire XIV is my favorite airplane in either of the MSFS of recent.

I had the FS9 one, but never did get the FSX one - but it was still amazing in FS9. The sounds are superb!

LonelyplanetXO
July 20th, 2010, 23:15
Wot they said :)

LPXO

raptor19
July 21st, 2010, 01:15
One of the best WWII fighter ever built for FSX.
Here is HD video I made of the RealAir Spitfire; gives you an idea of the product quality.(if necessary!)
lyB0lJvuXm4

Mirage, as with all your video clips the RealAir Spitfire one is simply superb. Please keep them coming. :ernae:

John N

falcon409
July 21st, 2010, 04:08
Well Cirrus, if this ain't a good endorsement, I don't know what is, lol. You asked and the faithful have answered. I'll add my 2cents although it really isn't needed here. I purchased the Spit right after it came out for FS9 and loved it from the start. As has been mentioned, it set the standards at that time for everything that came after. Yes there are versions that have come out since that are excellent, but the Realair was the one that started it all and well worth the money!:salute: