ijay
July 20th, 2010, 10:39
Re-installed after seeing footage from
Farnbourgh Air Show

live streaming from here http://www.ustream.tv/channel/flightglobal
:salute:

gera
July 20th, 2010, 11:28
I have this and its a jewel to fly!!!! recommend to any cargo piloto!!

peter12213
July 21st, 2010, 02:57
I'm definately not a heavy flyer, but this was one of the first pieces of payware I bought for FSX and I have to say its really nice to fly, I also love the sound package with the airbus callouts, really makes it realistic! Plus it looks great in RAF and French colours too!

Bone
July 21st, 2010, 05:12
I've often thought about getting this model. It's very interesting, and quite nice looking. But, I don't really like to allocate much sim time to a multi-crew office. There's still too many fighters to buy and fly, maybe someday...

peter12213
July 21st, 2010, 06:10
One really stupid thing about this model is, even though its interiour is modelled and very well I might add, there is no way of opening the rear cargo hatch, that for me was the only bum note for an otherwise pretty perfect package!

Bone
July 21st, 2010, 07:13
One really stupid thing about this model is, even though its interiour is modelled and very well I might add, there is no way of opening the rear cargo hatch, that for me was the only bum note for an otherwise pretty perfect package!

OK, that is pretty strange.

peter12213
July 21st, 2010, 07:23
Thats what I thought, wierd, but also true!

stuartcox
July 21st, 2010, 07:45
Re-installed after seeing footage from
Farnbourgh Air Show
live streaming from here http://www.ustream.tv/channel/flightglobal
:salute:

Apart from a silly circle going round & round, there's nothing! And that's with high speed broadband!
Well, never mind, I shall be there Saturday and Sunday...:jump:

IanP
July 21st, 2010, 08:38
Even after patching the A400M to be supposedly FSX compatible, I found it absolutely unusable - 3 to 4fps, when I normally get 30. It just dragged my system straight to its knees and got uninstalled very quickly.

It's interesting to read that others are enjoying it in FSX... I wonder why it was so appalling on mine?

Ian P.

peter12213
July 21st, 2010, 09:14
ACtually Ian that is strange, I have a vey poor system and even I can run it, seems strange, did you ever try and contact there support service, I found that to be poor to be honest not very helpful at all!

IanP
July 21st, 2010, 10:40
The normal response I get from JustFlight support is "that'll be in the next patch"... how long that patch'll take is very much open to debate. ;)

I just reinstalled it, reapplied the patch and it seems to be working just halving my frame rate, rather than slaughtering it, sitting on the ramp at Toulouse. However, the panel is so fuzzy I can't read it and I can't find half the things I'm looking for on it anyway, so I think I'll continue giving this one a miss and go back to the Charlie One-Thirty!

I remember really liking the A400M in FS9, but it just doesn't agree with me in FSX at all.

Ian P.

gera
July 21st, 2010, 11:49
The normal response I get from JustFlight support is "that'll be in the next patch"... how long that patch'll take is very much open to debate. ;)

I just reinstalled it, reapplied the patch and it seems to be working just halving my frame rate, rather than slaughtering it, sitting on the ramp at Toulouse. However, the panel is so fuzzy I can't read it and I can't find half the things I'm looking for on it anyway, so I think I'll continue giving this one a miss and go back to the Charlie One-Thirty!

I remember really liking the A400M in FS9, but it just doesn't agree with me in FSX at all.

Ian P.

Sorry to hear your woes with the wonderful A400.....I change my ystem almost every two years and may I recommend that when you do, check out what MagicMicro has to offer, these guys really assemble great systems at a fair price.......

peter12213
July 21st, 2010, 15:25
Being Brits Gera the best company we have is Alpine computers if you don't know how to build one yourself which I dont, and everything here seems to cost 3 times as much in the Uk as to the rest of the world for some reason, so new fsx systems cost around £1000 thats at least $1518.71 in USD which is big bucks when you have a home, car and kids to pay for!

ijay
July 21st, 2010, 16:15
Official A400M site here http://www.a400m.com/
Lots of pics, some video including some Farnborough.
Also a small game to download which is quite fun,not FSX quality but fun.
http://www.a400m.com/A400MTheGame.aspx

Might even try my hand at doing the current paint scheme for FSX using Wilcos' Paintkit, don't hold your breath though!

gera
July 21st, 2010, 19:31
Being Brits Gera the best company we have is Alpine computers if you don't know how to build one yourself which I dont, and everything here seems to cost 3 times as much in the Uk as to the rest of the world for some reason, so new fsx systems cost around £1000 thats at least $1518.71 in USD which is big bucks when you have a home, car and kids to pay for!

Agree, that's a boiling price!!!!! with governments everywhere messing everyones lifes its not easy to dish out for a pc!!!!...I usually pay from US$900 to 1,200 for a made for FSX PC....

peter12213
July 22nd, 2010, 02:31
I wish I could get one for that price mate, this country is one huge Rip-off!

IanP
July 22nd, 2010, 04:54
Mine's an Overclockers.co.uk Core i7 machine, less than a year old. It runs everything else fine and will happily run FSX with all sliders fully right (it regularly does when I'm testing scenery that I'm working on). For whatever reason though, it loathes the A400M!

I bought it years ago to use with FS9, so I'm not really worried that it doesn't work. I'm running other ported models fine, so I suspect it's just a gauge or something that causing me problems with Win7 64, the settings I'm using on FSX/Accel or another piece of software. I'll cope. It's not like I'm short of other things to fly anyway! ;)

Ian P.