PDA

View Full Version : USS Mispillion AO-105 install issues in FSX

Z-AZ1USN
July 19th, 2010, 15:35
I am trying to convert the USS Mispillion AO-105 by Earl Watkins (FS9 pilotable) to work with AI Carriers2 in FSX with Acel. I am using Win 7 64 Bit OS. I can create a title in AiCarriers2 but all I get is a Error inserting Object Create object failed in the upper left corner of my monitor.

I tried to convert it's .cfg file but that didn't seem to work.
How can I convert this to work in AI Carriers?

:salute:

X_eidos2
July 19th, 2010, 16:09
You'll first have to convert the pilot-able (or player controlled) model into an AI version.
You strip out (delete) the sound and panel folders. Add a soundai folder. In the soundai folder copy a file from one of the default ships. Take out the aircraft.cfg file and replace it with a sim.cfg file. Edit the entries in the sim.cfg file to match your model. In the cfg file you'll find a section that looks like this.

[DesignSpecs]
max_speed_mph = 31
acceleration_constants = 0.5, 0.4 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
deceleration_constants = 2.0, 0.5 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
SternPosition = -75

Stern position is the position of the wake effect in relation to the model's 0,0,0 point.

Study the folders in the boats section of simobjects and you'll get the idea on how AI ships are set-up.

Once you have you model set-up as an AI ship, you should be able to add it to your AIcarriers cfg file.

Z-AZ1USN
July 20th, 2010, 14:18
You'll first have to convert the pilot-able (or player controlled) model into an AI version.
You strip out (delete) the sound and panel folders. Add a soundai folder. In the soundai folder copy a file from one of the default ships. Take out the aircraft.cfg file and replace it with a sim.cfg file. Edit the entries in the sim.cfg file to match your model. In the cfg file you'll find a section that looks like this.

[DesignSpecs]
max_speed_mph = 31
acceleration_constants = 0.5, 0.4 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
deceleration_constants = 2.0, 0.5 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
SternPosition = -75

Stern position is the position of the wake effect in relation to the model's 0,0,0 point.

Study the folders in the boats section of simobjects and you'll get the idea on how AI ships are set-up.

Once you have you model set-up as an AI ship, you should be able to add it to your AIcarriers cfg file.

I tried your suggestions and to no avail could I get the ship to load in AI Carriers2.
After I select it from the menu, I keep getting the message"error inserting object"
(Name of ship) "create object failed". I can run this in FS9 but for some reason it
doesn't want to appear/load in FSX/Acel in WIN7 64 bit. I used all the logic you suggested
and used the USS Patuxent as example. It will show in the menu but it just won't load

:banghead:

peter12213
July 21st, 2010, 02:21
Can you send me a link to this carrier please and I will take a look at it for you tonight if you like? Actually to be honest I'd like to see this in fsx too! I have alot of fs9 ship Models working in fsx there not all landable objects though but do look good!

Z-AZ1USN
July 21st, 2010, 04:59
Can you send me a link to this carrier please and I will take a look at it for you tonight if you like? Actually to be honest I'd like to see this in fsx too! I have alot of fs9 ship Models working in fsx there not all landable objects though but do look good!

It's at FS-Shipyards.org in the download area. Thanks

http://www.fs-shipyards.org/index.php?ind=downloads&op=section_view&idev=9

Keep me posted on any progress. Thanks

peter12213
July 21st, 2010, 06:04
I will do mate if I get it working I'll send you the whole package and AIcarriers2 Config file, and if I can't get it working I shall also let you know!

peter12213
July 21st, 2010, 09:51
Ok here she is, all working just non landable unfortunately, not much I can do about that I'm afraid! 13296

Z-AZ1USN
July 22nd, 2010, 05:34
Ok here she is, all working just non landable unfortunately, not much I can do about that I'm afraid! 13296

I installed your file(s) per your instructions and at first nothing was happening
then I decided to tweek your cfg file that you said to put into the AI Carriers
.cfg directory, I opened that file and noticed that it wasn't structured like the
other .cfg files, so I changed it and put appropriate veh_misspillon badge
and saved it and when I selected the ship from the AI carriers menu Bam!!!
It popped!!! there it was and yes I noticed that you can't land on it but hey,
thats ok. Funny thing though, I was trying to understand the logic of AI Carriers
and how it makes calls on the .cfg files and the what file in the ship folder it points
to? I removed the mispillion .cfg file and the ship was still showing up in FSX. Wierd!
Thanks for your help. :salute:

peter12213
July 22nd, 2010, 06:35
Adding shipps to Aicarriers .cfg file is just like adding repaints so when you add the ship to the boats folder you must also add to the ..cfg for example

[formation.0]
title=USS Mispillion
unit.0=VEH_Mispillion_AI, 0, 0

the next one would be + 1

[formation.1]
title=USS Mispillion

The ship will continue to show as well unless you deleted it from the in game Aicarriers menu found by pressing shift + J there it has commands like forward turn 90 and such but at the bottom it should say Delete and this will remove the ship completely!

if you want to add other ships you must also do it like this ...

[formation.0]
title=USS Mispillion
unit.1=VEH_clemenceau_AI, -100, +150 ... for example adding 1 in the (unit.) section for every addon ship and changing the 0, 0 spaces for every ship you want to sail with it. Using + or - signs to changes its location around the original ship.

The first 0 is ditance to front or rear of original ship and the second is for port or starboard spacings.

I think I may have made that overly confusing but that is how it works!