PDA

View Full Version : Door to Atlantis..Episode I.."Going for Bust!!!!"

gera
July 19th, 2010, 11:11
Dr. Jackes Lamont has, he thinks, discovered the biggest mystery of the 20th Century!!!! to find Atlantis, his research points out, the secret "Door" to it must be crossed!!!!!!...no time to waste! the expedition steams to Chilean waters with several aircraft......As pilot of this adventure you are about to embark in the most challenging flights of your life.......Four thrilling Episodes.

......Uploaded !
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/scratchbuilt/overice.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/scratchbuilt/ATLANTISPAGE.jpg

Cirrus N210MS
July 19th, 2010, 12:53
what airplane is that in the photo?

Snave
July 19th, 2010, 13:32
what airplane is that in the photo?

Blohm & Voss BV138. Unfortunately for the credibility of the Mission, the aircraft did not enter service until 1939, after the first two prototypes firs t flown in 1937 revealed shortcomings that needed a major redesign to correct, delaying service entry.

gera
July 19th, 2010, 13:34
Thatīs the Blohm und Voss BV 138 with one of my "Civilian" textures......:salute:

CG_1976
July 19th, 2010, 13:38
Cool a nice mission. Will grab it when comes available. I still fly your canadian missions and the Russian circus. Thank you Gera

gera
July 19th, 2010, 13:47
Blohm & Voss BV138. Unfortunately for the credibility of the Mission, the aircraft did not enter service until 1939, after the first two prototypes firs t flown in 1937 revealed shortcomings that needed a major redesign to correct, delaying service entry.

For your Information.... Dr. Lamont, chief of the expedition, received from Blohm & Voss on December/1937 a "the prototype model of the BV138 V1 (D-ARAK)" which he painted orange to fly to his expedition in the Artic, very near Alaska, looking for millon year old "Ice Lizards". After the expedition he returned it to B&V with a complete list of modifications to both engines and pontoons as well as the radio equipment made at the time by Phillips in Holland. These mods led to the changes made on the planes that were on the assembly line.

The prototype was ...Ha 138 V1 (D-ARAK) - First flight on 15 July 1937.

So Amigo, the credibility(:mix-smi:) of the "fiction Mission" stands erect and firm.........:pop4:

Note: Due to lack of photographs of the Atlantis Mission, the "Movie Poster" of it, used a photo of the mentioned B&V over Alaska!!!!!......

Note 2: Please note that the "Secret was found by Dr. Lamont in 1937" but the expedition did not get going until November 1938 due to lack of funds........ at which time the government of France financed it .

Note 3.... No one should ever " jump the gun!!!"....................

gera
July 19th, 2010, 14:00
Cool a nice mission. Will grab it when comes available. I still fly your canadian missions and the Russian circus. Thank you Gera

You are welcome CG_1976, happy to know you enjoy the Missions. This one will take some time since itsīs four episodes long.....I have been checking on some great Canadian gorges, cliffs and mountains where an expedition is long overdue!!!!!...they say that strange sounds and lights emanate from them during nights when the moon is high and the Auroras dance in the skies.....must investigate this!!!!!:wavey: