PDA

View Full Version : MilViz Cessna 310R on final approach!

Ken Stallings
July 18th, 2010, 18:05
The Military Visualizations Cessna 310R is now on final approach and from what I have been told, the team is shooting for an end of July, early August release!

http://www.kenstallings.com/images/MilViz_310R/Touchdown.jpg

How good is the aircraft? Well, I've been working with the MilViz team for the last two months polishing the flight model, trying to make it as close as possible in FSX to the real 310R. And I think it is one of the finest flight models I have ever flown in FSX! Short answer: when I fly the MilViz C-310R I believe it flies faithfully to the real aircraft!

http://www.kenstallings.com/images/MilViz_310R/Liftoff_rear.jpg

There are currently three different liveries planned and I understand custom liveries will be supported. The panel comes in both a 2D and virtual 3D formats, including a "clean slate" DVC that will allow the panel tweakers among us to substitute and modify for our own desires!

The default DVC is all 3D instruments and avionics designed by Bill Leaming. A lot of effort went into ensuring workability and realism. The complexities require good documentation and so the team is sparing nothing to release an extensive Pilot's Operating Handbook and manuals for the major systems. The POH is based on the one for the real aircraft so it will yield a very realistic insight into flying the aircraft.

In addition, the exterior lights feature visuals that are rarely seen in virtual aircraft, including a customized function in the landing and taxi lights that give you a look similar to the actual lights. Similarly, the panel lighting in the DVC features dimming lights that allow you to customize the lighting effect you desire!

http://www.kenstallings.com/images/MilViz_310R/Touchdown_night.jpg

But what cannot be shown to be appreciated are the sounds. Frankly, they are the most realistic sounds I have ever witnessed in FSX. They are authentic digital recordings of a real Cessna 310R, and includes associated actions such as the actual sound of the master battery switch and avionics master being turned on. Trust me -- it's a lot more than a mere click! You'll have to hear it to believe it, but make no mistake the level of fidelity includes options that have rarely been attempted.

http://www.kenstallings.com/images/MilViz_310R/Liftoff_front.jpg

This is MilViz's first general aviation release for FSX and I think it sets a high bar to follow. So, get ready for the takeoff!

Cheers,

Ken

Lionheart
July 18th, 2010, 18:08
I have seen this model first hand personally and its quality 'before' it made it to FSX was like that of a mix between Carenado and SibWings who are known for their extreme graphics and detail. An amazing amount of high detailed work and graphics.

I hope it does very well.

Bill

glennc
July 18th, 2010, 18:51
Bill and Ken, I'll happily do my part to make it successful. Where will it be available?

Glenn

MM
July 18th, 2010, 19:55
Great news.

And Ken, thanks for working on the flight model...getting some real world experience baked into the artistry makes all the difference.

gajit
July 18th, 2010, 22:02
Wow - that looks great - I hope there will be a paint kit? :jump:

falcon409
July 18th, 2010, 22:19
. . . . .How good is the aircraft? Well, I've been working with the MilViz team for the last two months polishing the flight model, trying to make it as close as possible in FSX to the real 310R. And I think it is one of the finest flight models I have ever flown in FSX! Short answer: when I fly the MilViz C-310R I believe it flies faithfully to the real aircraft!

Cheers,
Ken
Ah, I'm glad this is coming from you Ken. . .this way when the "It just doesn't feel right" crowd has a criticism I'll sit back and smile while you explain exactly why it "does" feel right. lol

I've been looking forward to this for quite some time now. The Dreamfleet 310 was my go-to twin while I was still flying FS9 and really missed not being able to get it ported to FSX. Looks great!!:salute:

Anneke
July 18th, 2010, 23:17
Great looking stuff. I'm really looking forward to it.
Any pics of the current state of the avionics and VC in general?

Thanks for the HU :salute:

SADT
July 19th, 2010, 00:40
Hi Ken,

Will the clean slate VC radio stack use 3D knobs, or 3D textures for the knobs (like Carenado)?
I like 3D knobs and 3D gauges!.........

Tartuffe
July 19th, 2010, 01:27
Great news, Ken !
Thanks !

n4gix
July 19th, 2010, 08:46
Hi Ken,

Will the clean slate VC radio stack use 3D knobs, or 3D textures for the knobs (like Carenado)?
I like 3D knobs and 3D gauges!.........

Of course not. How could we possibly do that? 3D knobs are fixed into a specific position in 3B space, which would almost certainly never match whatever the user installs.

That's why it's called a "clean slate..."

krazycolin
July 19th, 2010, 09:50
Wow - that looks great - I hope there will be a paint kit? :jump:

There will indeed be a paint kit and it will be included in the release.

So far, the only place this will be for sale is Simmarket. Though I know that some of you don't like them, they are, for us, the best solution.

gajit
July 19th, 2010, 09:52
There will indeed be a paint kit and it will be included in the release.

This will be a "must have" if it is anything like the Skycrane :jump:

krazycolin
July 19th, 2010, 11:03
This will be a "must have" if it is anything like the Skycrane :jump:

This is at least as good if not better.... It is, after all, the first all Milviz release...

n4gix
July 19th, 2010, 18:35
The early morning sun provides some fabulous golden reflections on my freshly washed and waxed C310R...

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6199/c310000006.jpg

Climbing out after an early morning departure from Rwy 12 at KGYY. Wow! The sun reflecting off of the front almost makes me regret the wax! :naturesm:

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/9163/c310000008.jpg

stormtrooper271
July 19th, 2010, 18:43
Will there be a Sky King repaint included?

SADT
July 19th, 2010, 20:17
Hi Bill, (n4gix)

Is the vc picture there of the standard vc? That looks amazing!:jump::jump::ernae:

bstolle
July 19th, 2010, 21:31
Great news.

And Ken, thanks for working on the flight model...getting some real world experience baked into the artistry makes all the difference.

Believe me, I was pulling my (very short and few) hair out during the FDE design about the things 'his' real 310 does and FSX generally can't do.
But it paid off as we have now a flight model which is extremely realistic.. e.g. easily the most realistic engine out experience you can have in FSX.

Cheers

Bernt

gajit
July 19th, 2010, 22:51
Will there be at least some impression of glazing in the VC windows - i just think it looks better than when its an open cockpit (and warmer LOL)

I love the VC images on your website,

olderndirt
July 20th, 2010, 08:05
A few more views of the MilViz C310R

n4gix
July 20th, 2010, 08:34
Hi Bill, (n4gix)

Is the vc picture there of the standard vc? That looks amazing!:jump::jump::ernae:
Yes. That is the current state of the VC.

ryanbatc
July 20th, 2010, 14:22
This is going to be an instant buy for me!!! WOOO!

stansdds
July 20th, 2010, 15:06
I generally don't purchase general aviation aircraft, but I might have to make an exception in this case.

modelr
July 20th, 2010, 16:16
Yes, This one will definitely be in my hanger! :applause: The second of my two absolute favorite GA twins.

fliger747
July 20th, 2010, 17:16
Having evaluated the Beta, I will second Bernt's opinion of the engine out dynamics, very quintissential light twin handling, requiring good technique and not forgiving of bad technique and poor planning.

Cheers: T

Gibbage
July 20th, 2010, 21:05
I have seen this model first hand personally and its quality 'before' it made it to FSX was like that of a mix between Carenado and SibWings who are known for their extreme graphics and detail. An amazing amount of high detailed work and graphics.

I hope it does very well.

Bill

Thanks! Im looking forward too seeing it in FSX myself. Seems like everyone but me is playing with it. Thats just NOT right Colin... ;)

SADT
July 20th, 2010, 23:40
Hi,

Will this come with a load manager? Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jump::jump::jump::ju mp:

fliger747
July 22nd, 2010, 08:05
A wide angle view of the VC (what your gold fish sees).

Dain Arns
July 22nd, 2010, 08:30

Maybe if it's floating at the top of the tank...
'Brownside' down. :icon_lol:

ryanbatc
July 22nd, 2010, 08:35
Who will this be released through? F1, simmarket?

gajit
July 22nd, 2010, 08:44

LOL :jump::jump:

pbearsailor
July 22nd, 2010, 08:45

If the flight model is as good as they say, it's probably a 310 Vmc demo taken just a little bit too far. :d

-steve :wavey:

Ken Stallings
July 23rd, 2010, 16:24
More screenshots of the MilViz 310R, which is coming along nicely in beta testing.

http://www.kenstallings.com/images/MilViz_310R/Radio_Stack.jpg

These screenshots are for the free radio panel, which Bill is modeling into two panes in the radio stack where individual customers may custom tailor the radio stack to add freeware and payware avionics which they have already purchased separately.

In the panel screenshots I have attached, I have added some of the RealityX Garmin avionics which I have previously purchased. I say this carefully because I do not want anyone to get the wrong impression that this MilViz release will include any RealityX avionics. Again, the ones in these shots were my own purchase.

Still, it provides a nice example for what is possible. Additionally, except for the two radio stack areas, the rest of the panel featues Bill's very nice 3D instruments.

http://www.kenstallings.com/images/MilViz_310R/Free_Left_Panel.jpg

Of note is to see the throttle pedestal complete with trim wheels and a very accurate modeling of the real 310R fuel cogs.

http://www.kenstallings.com/images/MilViz_310R/Lower_Panel.jpg

It even includes the word-for-word placards for fuel operations and the template on the cogs!

The red livery also has a highly polished surface and you can really be mezmorized watching the ailerons pivot with the autopilot's input. Watching the cloud reflections off them is quite satisfying!

http://www.kenstallings.com/images/MilViz_310R/Touchdown_Red.jpg

Cheers,

Ken

Ken Stallings
July 23rd, 2010, 16:44
Plus the release includes a livery for this 310R, which is near and dear to my heart! LOL!!

http://www.kenstallings.com/images/MilViz_310R/N5077J.jpg

http://www.kenstallings.com/images/MilViz_310R/N5077J_Rear.jpg

Cheers,

Ken

Ken Stallings
July 23rd, 2010, 16:46

Tom,

I told you what would happen if you kept flying that version with 1,000hp engines each side! :icon_lol:

Ken

ryanbatc
July 23rd, 2010, 16:49
Gauges look EXCEPTIONAL! Well done Bill! Do you know, Ken, is there a spot for a GNS430W?

Ken Stallings
July 23rd, 2010, 17:24
Gauges look EXCEPTIONAL! Well done Bill! Do you know, Ken, is there a spot for a GNS430W?

Bill's default 3D panel includes both a GNS 530W (COMM/NAV 1) and a GNS 430W (COMM/NAV 2).

Plus, with the free radio stack panel, you can add in any avionic type you own.

Cheers,

Ken

spotlope
July 23rd, 2010, 18:52
It looks incredible - really well modeled and textured. It's been a long time since I got behind the yoke of one of these.

My only mild criticism is that whatever pattern is being overlaid on the instrument panel, carpets, and upholstery to lend them a worn look seems a bit overdone to me - almost as if the entire interior were breaking out in a rash. From what I see of the base textures beneath, it doesn't look as though this wear layer is really needed. Or maybe it just needs to be turned down a bit. In every other respect, it looks like it'll be a winner.

Ark
July 23rd, 2010, 19:27
Are you guys going to add a pilot figure?

Looks great!

bstolle
July 23rd, 2010, 22:17
YES!

anthony31
July 24th, 2010, 02:29
My only mild criticism is that whatever pattern is being overlaid on the instrument panel, carpets, and upholstery to lend them a worn look seems a bit overdone to me - almost as if the entire interior were breaking out in a rash.

Agree with Bill here. If I got into a plane with seats that dirty first thing I'd do would be to check how hairy the hands of the pilot are, second thing would be to put something over the seats.

Apart from that it's looking really good. I like the free panel idea for the VC avionics.

stansdds
July 24th, 2010, 04:35
I agree, it looks splotchy. I'll still buy it as it would be a great replacement for the stock Beech Baron, I'll just have to fly it while wearing a biohaz suit. :icon_lol:

krazycolin
July 24th, 2010, 05:03
ok ok.... i will kill the blotchiness!

Sheesh!

gajit
July 24th, 2010, 05:11
LOL :jump::jump:

stansdds
July 24th, 2010, 07:32
ok ok.... i will kill the blotchiness!

Sheesh!
Thanks! :jump: