PDA

View Full Version : The first Blue Angel

Cazzie
July 18th, 2010, 08:51
Playing around with Vertigo's F6F-3/5 Hellcat. For three months in 1946, the Blue Angels took delivery of three war surplus Hellcats and formed the Blue Angels under Lt. Cmr. Butch Voris. The aircraft were painted in gloss Insignia Blue instead of the standard glossy sea blue and had gold markings. I had to remove the bombs and rockets through the aircraft.cfg, I wish there were an option allowing one to do so without amending the cfg.

Anyhow, I am about ready to box the repaint up and sent it on. To fly it without rockets or bombs, open the aircraft.cfg and amend the following lines adding the slashes where bold:

max_number_of_stations = 3
//station_load.0 = 1000, 0, 0, 0 // bombs
//station_load.1 = 300, 0, 0, 0 //rockets
station_load.2 = 200, 0, 0, 0 // pilot

Caz

Roger
July 18th, 2010, 08:52
Very nice indeed Caz!

Cazzie
July 18th, 2010, 09:12
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=3&linkid=2278

Will send the zip to FlightSim also, should be up there by tomorrow.

Caz

mal998
July 18th, 2010, 09:59
Caz,
nice paint!

You probably know this already but the rockets, bombs and fuel tank can all be released to give you a clean bird.

mal

Cazzie
July 18th, 2010, 13:20
Caz,
nice paint!

You probably know this already but the rockets, bombs and fuel tank can all be released to give you a clean bird.

mal

Yeah, but it's a hassle and you need to be airborne, much easier for me to just alter the cfg and get a clean machine to start with. I leave tyhe tank and drop it once up.

It would be nice it Vertigo would have a Shift + Number option window like the A2A P-47 to load or unload ordinance before flight.

Caz

Helldiver
July 18th, 2010, 18:45
What was a member of the Navy's Flight Exhibition Team running around with a belly tank and a couple of bombs?

Cazzie
July 19th, 2010, 02:11
What was a member of the Navy's Flight Exhibition Team running around with a belly tank and a couple of bombs?

In truth Helldiver, as you know, there were no guns either. Only when the Blues flew the Panther Jet during Korea were their demonstration aircraft equipped with guns. Those screens were taken before I learned how to remove the handing ordinance using the aircraft.cfg. I had to fire the rockets. The Blues did at times use belly tanks during long flights on the Hellcat and Bearcat, though they were of a smaller variety than that on the Hellcat here.

As mentioned, Vertigo should have a function window to dress or undress their aircraft like A2A.

Caz