PDA

View Full Version : Grounded again!

skybolt66
July 18th, 2010, 00:49
:banghead: After absolving some Aces-missions by adding needed objects, sim again asks for next, but
can't find them under authors name everywhere. Must be someth. like "bunker-or groundobjects
AF_ xxxx.zip----------but where? Archive-files are not in alphabetic order and
search-function ?? Are AF-objects only from "Pen32Win" or other authors too?

[unit_type.7]
type_id=4033
unit_family=4
name=AF_Ammo_BlkHse

[unit_type.8]
type_id=4067
unit_family=4
name=AF_IJN_200mm_SnglBtry

[unit_type.9]
type_id=4069
unit_family=4
name=AF_Lg_Rvtmnt_Brn

[unit_type.10]
type_id=4074
unit_family=4
name=AF_MaintShop03M

[unit_type.11]
type_id=4085
unit_family=4
name=AF_Overhead_Cvr_Bamboo

Maybe "Rami's" promissed new readme is helpfull to get success!

Jagdflieger
July 18th, 2010, 04:49
Here you go:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=Pen32Win&ammm=15&pap=1

Almost all of Pen32's library objects are used by our scenery makers. Peruse the list of add ons and save them to your CFS 2 library and then add them to your CFS 2 scenery library. It'll save you much frustration and work in the future.

I have taken all of the AF Midway library object packages and made one single zip file of them. Now when I reinstall CFS 2 for a new theater, I just unzip the consolodated file and add it to my new installation. Saves a lot of time and effort.

I then add the names from the attached file to my mdlnames.dat file:

Dirtman
July 18th, 2010, 04:55
:banghead: After absolving some Aces-missions by adding needed objects, sim again asks for next, but
can't find them under authors name everywhere. Must be someth. like "bunker-or groundobjects
AF_ xxxx.zip----------but where? Archive-files are not in alphabetic order and
search-function ?? Are AF-objects only from "Pen32Win" or other authors too?

[unit_type.7]
type_id=4033
unit_family=4
name=AF_Ammo_BlkHse

[unit_type.8]
type_id=4067
unit_family=4
name=AF_IJN_200mm_SnglBtry

[unit_type.9]
type_id=4069
unit_family=4
name=AF_Lg_Rvtmnt_Brn

[unit_type.10]
type_id=4074
unit_family=4
name=AF_MaintShop03M

[unit_type.11]
type_id=4085
unit_family=4
name=AF_Overhead_Cvr_Bamboo

Maybe "Rami's" promissed new readme is helpfull to get success!

The "AF" prefix means "AF=Midway" by Pen32Win

These objects from the AF=Midway "AF Bunker Pak"
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=3070

These objects from the "AF=Midway Coastal Defense Pak"
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=2938

skybolt66
July 18th, 2010, 23:05
.:a1310:...uff! Those bunker-+coastaldef.-objcets where allready installed----I thought, entries are in
"Objects_DP", but--whyever--where deleted in Info+SC-DB/TXT. Think it's ness. to look in all
MIS.-files for needed objects (typ_id= xxx). So I found another JPN-ship to add--all runs well now!
Hope same objects are used in Aces II-cmpgn.-----if not: Keep on searching.
:ernae:

Dirtman
July 19th, 2010, 05:01
.:a1310:...uff! Those bunker-+coastaldef.-objects where already installed----I thought, entries are in
"Objects_DP", but--whyever--where deleted in Info+SC-DB/TXT. Think it's ness. to look in all
MIS.-files for needed objects (typ_id= xxx). So I found another JPN-ship to add--all runs well now!

Yo Skybolt;

Have a look in the OBJECTS_DP folder.

Check & see if each offending object has generated a .CDP file

No CDP file means CFS2 is not loading the object(s) ... This might be the problem.

skybolt66
July 20th, 2010, 22:14
...yeahh, thanks! Saw most imp. files in "Jagdflieger's" MegaPack but do they work whithout
entries in Objects_DP and Scene_DB ?

olaf1924
July 21st, 2010, 08:08
skybolt jag's mega pack are just for info. I would load up all the scenery you can find and make sure you delete the filelist.data for the scenedb file to rebuild with your new add-on. The next question is are you using vista?. Vista needs to have the user control account turned off to add scenery or any thing else to the scenedb folder and have it show up in the game.

skybolt66
July 22nd, 2010, 07:55
..o.k, Vista and controll off----that nerves in other functions too!
No problems whith scenery-or objectsinstalling, sometimes only to find some!

Devildog73
July 23rd, 2010, 16:34
.:a1310:...uff! Those bunker-+coastaldef.-objcets where allready installed----I thought, entries are in

skybolt, no worries, I did not change any scenery objects between missions and campaigns. Once you have all of them installed for first campaign, you have them. DD