PDA

View Full Version : VC Textures not showing up

Headwind
July 17th, 2010, 21:53
I have a quick question I hope. I haven't flown in a while so I thought I would start a bit more and I seem to be having a problem. I had it before and just forgot about it and now of course it's still there.

All is well for a while during a flight and then say I'm outside looking at the plane and I change back to the VC a good portion of the textures do not show up or get rendered I guess you call it. They are just a solid color be it black or green. Them same happens if I'm in the VC and change to outside after flying in the cockpit for a good while. Parts of the plane textures dont show. This happens with all planes and probably after about 10-20 minutes of flying roughly.

I did some searching but came up empty handed, so maybe I just don't know how to word it properly. Any help with this is appreciated for sure.

Thanks

bazzar
July 18th, 2010, 01:42
What are your system specs? Sounds like a card problem to me.

Headwind
July 18th, 2010, 07:11
Well everything else is fine, even when I get to that point of say the VC textures getting messed up if I switch back to the outside view it looks normal. However if I go back to the VC its the same way with the textures just not being there. At the begining of the flight everything is normal and it's only after flying for a bit does this happen

I have:

AMD 955
Nvidia 285 GTX ocfu
4 gig ddr3
C: is 750gig, D: 1TB
MB is a Gigabyte (cant remember which model)
Using the onboard Realtek 7.1 HD audio

AndyE1976
July 18th, 2010, 14:00
I get this quite a bit, although the textures typically come back after a few seconds of waiting for them to load. It seems to affect the more detailed aircraft and I first started to notice it on the Real Air Spit, I now sort of expect it when changing back to the VC after being in an external view.

I think it's just a question of the texture loader in FSX and how it prioritises what to load. Are you flying over photo scenery or with a particularly high setting for your scenery?

I sometimes find with photoscenery that if I pause the sim it gives the texture loader a chance to catch up and I can see the blurries disappear.

Are you using a 64bit OS? If not you're only using 3gb of your RAM (like me). If you're on windows vista or 7 you might try using ReadyBoost with a compatible USB stick, I found that helped a little and I have a 4gb stick that just serves that purpose.

flaviossa
July 18th, 2010, 14:24
Try Jesus Altuveīs HIGHMEMFIX parameter in the fsx.cfg and see if it works out. (But follow exactly what he says in the tutorial). As the tutorial is in another forum i donīt know if i can post it in here, but itīs easy to find googling for this: "jesus altuve highmemfix".

Headwind
July 18th, 2010, 15:54
No I don't have any photo scenery. The only thing that I'm using is Ground Environment, and REX. I do think it has something to do with the settings now. I backed off a couple in the scenery settings just a tiny bit and it seems to help alot.

I'll see if I can find that himemfix thing you are talking about and see what it is.

Thanks for trying to help out, I do appreciate it!

Headwind
July 18th, 2010, 19:50
Well I flew for about an hour and a half without any problems at all with REX on and loading weather and all sorts of ground stuff going on in the Twin Otter. So I would have to hope that the suggestions you offered worked. Thank you very much!!! I will have to say as well the Highmemfix thing seemed to make a big difference for sure and would suggest it for others.

Thanks again for taking the time to help out!

:ernae:

falcon409
July 18th, 2010, 20:13
Try Jesus Altuveīs HIGHMEMFIX parameter in the fsx.cfg and see if it works out. (But follow exactly what he says in the tutorial). As the tutorial is in another forum i donīt know if i can post it in here, but itīs easy to find googling for this: "jesus altuve highmemfix".
I may be reading too much into this, but he seems to be gearing this to the more recent video cards. He doesn't really say that it will work with any video card with sufficient memory. I'm using an NVidia 9600GT and I get those "autogen spikes" he describes. I'd like to try this, but not sure if I should really since he only addresses high end cards.